Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • A repair thread from the Have a Go Hoose of Moont.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Life just got immeasurably better with the MC patented astragal clamp’n’saw’n’chisel jig.

Marko

Enjoyable thread Mr Mc, but I may have to come up there and have words if you are using a claw hammer on the wood chisel in the picture. No way to treat an Estwing hammer or a wood chisel. 🙂

Marko

mcmoonter
    Free Member

but I may have to come up there and have words if you are using a claw hammer on the wood chisel in the picture. No way to treat an Estwing hammer or a wood chisel.

Hangs head in shame. 😳

I had better admit I trashed a Marples chisel cleaning the accumulated and seemingly petrified dirt from the tongues and grooves when laying the reclaimed floor. Someday I will created a dedicated woodworking space where I can really look after these tools.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I managed to get the last astragal in before the rain. I need to cut off their tails and I can start reglazing.

mogrim

So it does rain in mcmoonter Towers? It always looks so sunny!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Random repair of the day. I want to keep the original ogee guttering, so I welded a small sheet metal cup and riveted in place. I should last well with some bituminous paint.

takisawa2

I had to Google “astragals”… 😕

Love these threads. 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I cleaned up the guttering, it was like new under the old flaking paint. I’ve recycled some of the original glass, there is probably enough to do about a third of the glazing. The job is so much easier when the sun shines.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Job done! Satisfaction rating? Off the scale!

I need to give it a second coat of paint, and fit a new door post, but I’m as god as there.

richen987
    Free Member

Ridiculously impressive, that’s a lovely greenhouse

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The last bit of this jigsaw was to make another door post and to take down the scaffolding. We even had a rain shower to check for leaks and to ensure the gutter worked. Unfortunately this is a 10,000 piece jigsaw with about a tenth of it completed, I’m away for a month, no doubt the weather will have changed for the worst come October, so I will probably have to wait until next year to tackle the big lean to section.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The last wee job was to point around the door. I’m still undecided as to whether to lime wash over the bricks. I like their Vermeeree look bare.

MrOvershoot

Super job, I helped my sister rebuild a Victorian Glasshouse one summer back in 87. That was hard flipping work!

Hope you enjoy your holiday 🙂

senorj

I’m voting for limewash on the walls.
    🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘A repair thread from the Have a Go Hoose of Moont.’ is closed to new replies.