Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • A REALLY specific Wi-Fi issue (more a Win10 question)
  • bearnecessities

Not a crisis, but  an annoyance 🙂

I’ve knackered something by faffing around following internet advice to solve an issue (that turned out to be something else)

Symptoms:

If my laptop goes to ‘sleep’ at home, it doesn’t automatically connect back to home network. It disconnects and I have to go to network settings, select it and press connect. Sometimes it acts like no networks are there at all so I have to turn off.. which is annoying.

When using Premier Inn Wi-Fi, if it goes to sleep, just as above, I have to re-enter my name,email address etc and re-register etc. It never used to be like that.

Any idea what I’ve screwed up please?

scotroutes

Have you installed some sort of Wi-Fi connection app n- maybe downloaded one or was supplied with PC? This was a common occurrence once upon a time and the app would interfere with Windows own Wi-Fi connection software.

bearnecessities

It’s not set to turn off WiFi in sleep mode (box unchecked) and I’ve just ran one of the paths in the link above and now it won’t see any networks at all,  even after a reset! Arse.

It’s an existing laptop thanks, nothing downloaded. Just me managing to now turn it into a paperweight.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘A REALLY specific Wi-Fi issue (more a Win10 question)’ is closed to new replies.