Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • A Real Man’s job.
  • wwaswas

For women we had this.

Tonic wine was 15% alcohol. Which would take the edge of things, I’d expect.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Any interest in rabble-rousing?

Not really. Used to be good back in the day when it took some effort. All you need do nowadays is eat a bacon sandwich after shagging a bird.

The rabble will be so aroused that you won’t be able to move for reporters. Snowflakes, feminazis and meat-rights advocadoes will respond by first throwing open our borders to muslims and then chaining their own hands to a fence outside of Starbucks.

At this point when you really want your rabble apoplectic then simply buy them a coffee, first asking:

“The barista would like to know, what is your name?”
    ” …K’off Yerfrignfascist”
    “No, your Christian name please?…”

Stevet1
    Free Member

Nice to see they offer equal opportunities for members of the kkk to do the tech course as well.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Tonic wine was 15% alcohol

Was?

It very much still is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine

wwaswas

It very much still is.

Really, I had no idea. No wonder these long days of home working pass in a haze despite regular restorative glasses of tonic wine.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Anyway, girls like men dirty

*ahem* Weinstein *ahem*

maccruiskeen

maccruiskeen

theres no ‘was’ – bafflingly you can still buy it. The ‘added iron’ and syrupy texture makes it taste a bit like you’ve been punched in the mouth. Despite being pretty strong booze (compared to most wines back in the day) the ‘tonic’ aspect meant that it was sold in chemists rather than off licenses. Back when licensing laws were stricter it meant you could buy it during the day when the pubs were shut. The perfect Tramp Drink (Buckfast was marketed the same way – it became the go to jakey drink – Sex on the Bench – because you could buy it when off-licenses were closed)

My friends mum when I was at school used to buy Sanatogen for the presumed health benefits, not really away of the booze content she was half cut pretty much all the time.

jonnyboi

Paul and his mate eventually fell in love whilst restoring a Norton. It’s a romantic tail similar to broke back mountain but set in port talbot

grtdkad

Not impressed by Popeye’s arithmetic, Rachel Riley would not be impressed

jimjam
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member

theres no ‘was’ – bafflingly you can still buy it. The ‘added iron’ and syrupy texture makes it taste a bit like you’ve been punched in the mouth. Despite being pretty strong booze (compared to most wines back in the day) the ‘tonic’ aspect meant that it was sold in chemists rather than off licenses. Back when licensing laws were stricter it meant you could buy it during the day when the pubs were shut. The perfect Tramp Drink (Buckfast was marketed the same way – it became the go to jakey drink – Sex on the Bench – because you could buy it when off-licenses were closed)[/quote]

My friends and I were big into Buckfast during our student days – it’s a cult drink in Ireland. It held a kind of self destructive fascination for us. If I drank a full bottle of it I would completely lose all memory of a night out. Everything gone. But you could be certain some seriously ropey hijinks would have taken place.

It has so much caffeine and taurine and various other chemicals in it that (imo) you can be brain dead drunk, but still ambulatory, energetic even. In order to prevent blacking out I used to mix half a bottle of buckfast with vodka and redbull as a carryout. I’ve never taken speed but a friend of mine who did compared my Buckfast and vodka/redbull cocktail to speed without the peak.

In retrospect I think we may have partied a little too hard during our student days 😕

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Proper drugs were a bit hard to come by, presumably…

maxtorque

Dickyboy
    Seems hard to believe I once spent my working day crawling around underground in the dark.

I suspect that, metaphorically at least, most people spend most of their time at work in that ^^ state……. 😆

Northwind

jimjam – Member

My friends and I were big into Buckfast during our student days – it’s a cult drink in Ireland. It held a kind of self destructive fascination for us. If I drank a full bottle of it I would completely lose all memory of a night out. Everything gone. But you could be certain some seriously ropey hijinks would have taken place.

If you go to T in the Park, there’s empty 2 litre glass bucky bottles everywhere. But you can’t buy it onsite, and I can’t even get in with a bottle of water. So the only conclusion is that these are all being smuggled in internal cavities. Don’t get me wrong, I like a drink but these bucky drinkers are more commited than I.

jimjam
    Free Member

Probably just lobbed them over the fence in the general direction of where they would want to stand. I have mixed emotions about my memories of sucking warm buckfast through a tube, which was connected to a bladder which my mate had taped to his upper thighs in an effort to smuggle bucky into Black Sabbath. Or Maiden. Or some band I think 😆

I was far more civilised, two litres with some ice in my camelbak Havoc – straight passed the Garda at Ozzfest. I even carried some decoy lager so they wouldn’t search any further #genius.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘A Real Man’s job.’ is closed to new replies.