Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A question about recycling garages
  • Mike-E

I have a garage that I’m thinking of getting rid of. It was built by the previous owner, so I’m not 100% sure about its origins but it looks like the type you see all over the country – pebble dashed concrete panels bolted together on a concrete base with a corrugated roof of concrete/asbestos/unknown material. Assuming it can be disassembled easily enough, does anyone have any experience of giving these things away?

Drac

If it’s asbestos good luck in giving it away.

wwaswas

Asbestos roof means most people won’t touch it with a bargepole.

You may be able to dispose of roof by double bagging it, taking to local tip and then see if anyone wants the rest?

29erKeith
    Free Member

as wwaswas said bag up roof and take to local tip, check first only select ones in my area accept and they say to phone in advance to check they’ve got capacity.

then free adds for the garage its self.

I bought one for £100 for my last house + concrete base, new corrugated roof and it did a Stirling job. I’m sure somebody will have it, cheapest and easiest way imo to get a solid garage/workshop imo

Simon

Stick it on Ebay someone will want the concrete panels. Even if you get very little for it, you don’t have the hassle of taking it down and carting it away.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Where are you. Concrete garages are great things.
    If I were you I would sell/give it away and insist that the buyer takes the roof as well and loads it first!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A question about recycling garages’ is closed to new replies.