• This topic has 41 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by gonzy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • A public apology to Grum
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

As a result of the recent thread I started on my experiences of being accused of being a paedophile while taking pictures at a fun fair, it was brought back to my attention that I had previously made a similar accusation in a thread a few years ago.

That thread, from memory, was discussing the abuses by Catholic priests and the cover up by the church. In that debate, I felt that some people were effectively suggesting everyone in the Catholic church was guilty, at least by association, of this abuse. I felt that the sentiments being expressed either directly or indirectly, were based on prejudice so I made the fatuous and baseless accusation to Grum to try and illustrate that point.

I’d forgotten about that exchange but recently Grum and I seem to have been a little at odds in other (photograph related) threads. I know I can be dogmatic and guilty of pontificating. I mean well but I don’t always come over that way, but still I wasn’t sure why Grum I and were in conflict until he reminded me on the ‘vile experience’ thread of what I had previously said to him and then it all made sense.

I don’t want to blow this out of all proportion but I think it only right that I make a public apology to Grum for saying the things I did, not least because now I have my own insight into what that feels like. It was wrong in any and all circumstances even if the point was made with the intention of trying to prove a point, that wasn’t the right way of doing it and I’m sorry for that.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

You’re forgiven my son say five hell Mary’s
    And don’t eat chocolate for a week

Go my son and go forth

franksinatra

I have my pitchfork out but I don’t know who to be angry with.

Stop messing with my head!

jimjam
    Free Member

Well you better stay on the right side of Grum alright. Even a minor disagreement will see you on the wrong side of a three week ban. He’s either a stealth mod, best friends with a mod, or the mods are so politically sympathetic to his views that anyone challenging him will get banned for completely made up reasons.

Well played.

wwaswas

[edited] to remove the chaff.

Back to the OP’s intent though – we all take a ‘stance’ on things online without, I think, always appreciating what that might mean for those reading what we’re saying. Or how long any hurt caused might stay with them. So much like real life then when a throw away remark can hurt deeply over a long period of time.

It’s good to have an opportunity to try and undo a previous wrong and I hope grum is prepared to at least consider the intent behind the post.

Kryton57

**** all of you, I’m going to continue bashing away at my keyboard without a moments pause for thought like a true traditionalist. 😉

funkmasterp

I think you should also send him chocolate. Chocolate is the best way to apologise.

JAG

I know I can be dogmatic and guilty of pontificating. I mean well but I don’t always come over that way

Story of my life Mate…..

….so I think you are forgiven – I would like to be under similar circumstances 😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

An infinite number of Kryton57s bashing away at an infinite number of keyboards will one day produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Until then we are stuck with the output.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

PAGING THREAD!

2 day ban to think about what you’ve done.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

An infinite number of Kryton57s bashing away at an infinite number of keyboards will one day produce the complete works of Shakespeare.

Still won’t be able to decide which car to buy, though.

DezB
    Free Member

we all take a ‘stance’ on things online

Can I add this to the “I’ve never” thread..? I’ve never taken a stance online. Not for more than 5 minutes anyway.

wwaswas

I’ve never taken a stance online. Not for more than 5 minutes anyway.

Waits for a retraction in about 6 minutes…

slimjim78
    Free Member

say five hell Mary’s

Possibly part of the problem

Klunk
    Free Member

Still won’t be able to decide which car to buyanything, though.

fify

binners

It’s almost like a weird sort of reverse flounce. Whatever it is, it needs to bloody stop! I demand the resumption of petty, cyclical squabbling immediately!!!!

And you… naughty step!

bazwadah
    Free Member

Well as Grum is one of the few STWers I have actually met in person (last weekend in fact when he was photographer at my brothers wedding) I can say that he is a throughly nice guy. Healing vibes for your biking injury fella!.

Not used to apologies on STW, if this carries on I’m off to Mumsnet to get my fighting fix! 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ah the thread that just won’t die! One of my more funny authorings on STW that one and a genuine moment of naivety.

DezB
    Free Member

a genuine moment of naivety.

Not your only moment… 😉

grum
    Free Member

Ummm…. thanks geetee…..

You come across to me as a bit of a pompous manninist twit but god knows how I come across – anyway you also seem to be fundamentally a decent guy and you do take some great photos so er, apology accepted. 🙂

Cheers bazwadah – was good to meet ya!

Kryton57

you do take some great photos

😯

Is this an exclusive club you two are in? ah and by the way, you can alway swap phone numbers and spare bromance.

funkmasterp

And you… naughty step!

As long as its got a handrail. Has it got a handrail and instructions on correct usage?

grum
    Free Member

Well you better stay on the right side of Grum alright. Even a minor disagreement will see you on the wrong side of a three week ban. He’s either a stealth mod, best friends with a mod, or the mods are so politically sympathetic to his views that anyone challenging him will get banned for completely made up reasons.

Well played.

You have no idea how deep it goes. Watch your back.

Is this an exclusive club you two are in? ah and by the way, you can alway swap phone numbers and spare bromance.

Lets not get carried away…

Jamie
    Free Member

You have no idea how deep it goes.

Balls deep?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

grumz, is your name really Dave?

grum
    Free Member

Balls deep?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI[/video]

grumz, is your name really Dave?

iDave? Yes, amongst other aliases.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

No duelling pistols ?

Iz disappoint.

theocb
    Free Member

The big chief upstairs told me you’re forgiven… once you accept your ‘oh so very catholic’ punishment

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iMiss iDave.

geetee1972
    Free Member

once you accept your ‘oh so very catholic’ punishment

What’s that, no masturbating for the next 40 days?

scotroutes

Still on holiday?

retro83
    Free Member

no smoke without fire

i find you both

zippykona

Can I apologise now and insult someone later?
    Sorry.

grum
    Free Member

I’d like to apologise for insulting zippykona at some point in the future. It will be totally remiss of me and I apologise unreservedly.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can I have a refund please?

grum
    Free Member

Sure, I’m just going to need your card details to process that for you.

Kryton57

Sure, I’m just going to need your card details to process that for you.

Just be careful where where he swipes it.

Can I have a refund please?

Purchasing new attire? Good move.

Bunnyhop

geetee72 – could I too have an apology, for the time you took out that tree on one of my favourite trails? 🙂

You lot, go and get a room. 😯

geetee1972
    Free Member

I should probably also apologise to that bunny rabbit I f****ed up as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘A public apology to Grum’ is closed to new replies.