Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • A pal of mine has a good idea…
  • matt_outandabout

… please think about using this in future.

GiftRound – a modern way of chucking a £5 in the biscuit tin for a leaving gift or similar.

http://www.giftround.co.uk/home

Cougar

Huh.  Interesting idea.

DezB
    Free Member

None of the links work on my iPad.

Drac

I’ve edited the original as it acts weird on my iPad.

matt_outandabout

As in from here, or on his site?

http://www.giftround.co.uk

Drac

Well that didn’t work. 🤦🏼‍♂️

mrchrist

Ahhh its a<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>n electronic whip round service. Very good.  </span>

My tuppence/

rene59
    Free Member

Clicking your link gets me an ‘The image could not be loaded.’ message.

hodgynd
    Free Member

..great idea !

A ready made excuse as to why you couldn’t/didn’t  contribute ..works for me !

FuzzyWuzzy

I quite like the idea, would probably use it as a service. I take it your friend has run through money-laundering scenarios with this though and taken advice?

john_l
    Free Member

get the same message as rene59

DezB
    Free Member

I take it your friend has run through money-laundering scenarios with this though and taken advice?

Maybe…

“Our payment providers MangoPay deal with all the transactions and have proven anti-fraud and anti-money laundering methodologies to keep your transactions safe.”

DezB
    Free Member

As in from here, or on his site?

As in – on the site  – there are links to Home, About etc. All dead. Allthe other things that look like links aren’t links.

It ain’t ready for public usage.

jimmy

Funny, this. A pal at work had the same idea about 10 years ago – his name for it was “Have one on me(.com)”. He knew he’d never do anything about – I saw the value in it but obviously, never did anything about it. And here it is. I’m both happy to see it and annoyed at myself for sitting on another good idea.

brakes
    Free Member

I like it because I never have cash to put in the whip-round jar.

oldtennisshoes

Good idea, flakey website though and they need to lose the latin on the blog page http://www.giftround.co.uk/blog Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut.

CraigW
    Free Member

Isn’t this already done by Paypal? It lets you setup a “Money Pool”, which multiple people can contribute to. And everyone already has a Paypal account, so its easier than giving your credit card details to some other website.

Cougar

A pal of mine has a good idea

For his next venture he could maybe come up with some sort of topical treatment for minor skin ailments.  Then you could market it as Pal-of-mine Lotion….

orangespyderman

There is a quite successful one in France : https://www.leetchi.com – backed by one of the larger banks.  Re: AML, the fact that mangopay do it on payments is only a backstop.  Are all payments to a pot and out of the pot traceable all the way?  If payments out come from the site to the beneficiary then that’s a laundering loophole, for example, and the site would be expected to provide the missing audit trail, I think.  (IANTPRA)

edlong
    Free Member

I’m both happy to see it and annoyed at myself for sitting on another good idea.

I feel your pain – I had a great idea for a website about 1999/2000 but the technology wasn’t there then to make it work – this was back when home internet was slow dialup, then there was the dot.com crash, then I went travelling, and left the industry entirely never to go back. So I was happy / annoyed a few years later when my idea came to fruition and someone else launched something that was pretty much exactly what I’d envisaged. Slightly more annoyed than happy for the founders when they sold it for $1.65 billion.

YouTube

I have no particular problem with the whip round app, but it does appear to be a solution in search of a problem.

DavidB
    Free Member

Tell your mate to get a proper copywriter on that site pronto.

johndoh
    Free Member

I had an idea many moons ago and had started to work on it with my brother (who was the tech – I was the creative). It was called ‘Bargain Hound’ – a site that found and compared supermarket offers, mobile phone deals, insurance etc. Then one morning my dad shouted us in to see an interview currently playing on BBC Breakfast TV with one of the (now) big players speaking about their revolutionary idea that they were about to launch. I think it was Money Supermarket.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘A pal of mine has a good idea…’ is closed to new replies.