Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • A (nice) dilemma – what would you do?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Would you sell this:

IMG_9212 by ten_sim, on Flickr

To enable the purchase of this frame (without the Madfiber wheels and in raw/shot peened ti finish)?

TerryWrist
    Free Member

No.

Speshpaul

Sell yes, buy no. Neither of light my wick to be honest.
    But hey if it make you happy fill ya boots:-)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rOcKeTdOg

i’d sell and buy something else

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Can’t you afford to have both?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Neither. Money obviously doesn’t buy taste…. 😉

I’d love to try some of those madfiber wheels though with some silk FMBs. mmmmmmm

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

i’d sell and buy something else

+1

vinnyeh

Well, they’ve not got much in common. One’s a road bike, one’s a mountain bike.
    Which one would you get most use out of- or are you buying for looks/collectability?
    If the latter, then keep/buy whichever you like the look of.

MrSmith
    Free Member

sell and buy something else. don’t see the attraction of old museum piece curios that don’t perform as well as modern bikes. sell it to some do-eyed sycophant and buy a proper bike.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I’d buy a bike I’d actually ride.

psychle
    Free Member

Can’t you afford to have both?

Not now… it’s a strict ‘one in one out’ policy in my house now 🙁

Basically, I’m in the fortunate position to have the choice of any IF frame I want for a substantial discount, trying to decide what to go for… Only catch is that in order to do this, most likely the Bow-ti will have to go…

Here’s another pic of the Ti FLW in raw, without the garish colour:

Olly
    Free Member

yes.

the road bike looks nice.
    the ibis is hideous and makes the baby jesus cry.

psychle
    Free Member

Which one would you get most use out of- or are you buying for looks/collectability?

I’d get more use out of a road bike nowadays… The Bow-ti is a bit of a luxury in my ‘collection’, really nice to have, but not essential to my riding pleasure…

I’d buy a bike I’d actually ride.

I do ride my bikes guv… would like to have the time to ride more, but life gets in the way sometimes, as does living in Central London!

finbar
    Free Member

100% yes, and i’d have the IF in garish orange (or preferably green/yellow).

mrblobby
    Free Member

If I had one and sold it, think I’d eventually come to regret it.

s
    Free Member

Another 100% yes here.

Speshpaul

Ok heres a solution for you. Put the Ibis in the loft, thats technically out of the house. then buy what ever you fancy.

neilforrow

NO NO NO… you will regret getting shot of the Bow-ti, that bike is so nice, a proper show winner, yep it polarizes opinion, but most of your bikes do…

road bikes, pah, compared to that Bow-ti they are utilitarian and boring, bunch of ti tubes with some wheels, great, but he Bow-ti is soooo much more.

dont do it.

Wozza
    Free Member

Olly – Member
    yes.

the road bike looks nice.
    the ibis is hideous and makes the baby jesus cry.

Actually the ibis is nice and the road bike made my face do this…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI6-JzxV-_M[/video]

neninja
    Free Member

I’d love to try some of those madfiber wheels though with some silk FMBs. mmmmmmm

I had to google silk FMB’s as I couldn’t believe you meant what I first thought. FMB’s are something completely different round here. 😳

mrblobby
    Free Member

+1 for NF, the bow-ti is modern art.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP didn’t you buy half a fancy road bike ages ago then decide you couldn’t justify it?

I can’t really offer any useful advice (as ever) as I own bikes for riding not drooling over.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

What model is the road bike? Is it Ti?

chakaping
    Free Member

Sell and spend the money on an eye test.

😉

I can’t look at that Ibis without thinking of a shopping trolley.

neil853
    Free Member

Keep it, but then again i like retro bikes and would love to have a selection of bikes from that era. But, the bikes from this era keep much of my money tied up 🙄

messiah
    Free Member

Nice dilemma indeed.

I enjoyed the retrobike bug when it bit me, but the fun was in sourcing the parts and building the bike. Riding it was a let down – I sold up and have moved on… it’s about the ride not the bike. But at least you’ve tried a bo.

As above – go with what will give you the biggest pleasure when the wheels are spinning.

Bazz

In a heart beat, Ibis make some lovely bikes, but that aint one of them imo! Everyone should have a nice road bike though 8)

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sell ibis, then use the money to move somewhere decent.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘A (nice) dilemma – what would you do?’ is closed to new replies.