Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A new low – recommend me a blender please
  • lunge

I feel dirty posting this. I need a new blender as I’ve managed to burn out the motor in the last 2 I’ve had. Needs to withstand me making a weeks worth of soup every Sunday and also be able to do frozen smoothies for Mrs Lunge come the summer. Powerful is good, reliable is also good, price is important but after breaking 2 I’ll take hit if needed. If I can buy it from Curry’s as well that would be good as I have £50 to spend there.

Thanks.

nostoc
    Free Member

do you mean a hand blender or a freestanding thing?

lunge

nostoc, either is fine. At the moment I have a hand blender as I can use it in a pan of soup but I’d take suggestions.

petrieboy

Kitchenaid here. Very heavy and powerful, easy to clean too.

Stoner
    Free Member

Magimix

we have a 5200 given to us on our wedding 10 years ago this summer. Lots of abuse. Looks like new. Weighs a ton, proper hefty motor. Not cheap but not ridiculous.

3200 is OK sized, 5200 is big.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/small-kitchen-appliances/food-preparation/food-processors/magimix-3200-blendermix-food-processor-white-21558059-pdt.html

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve got a Braun handheld one that comes with a mini blender thing also. Seems well made, can’t remember exactly how much it was – something like £30.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A new low – recommend me a blender please’ is closed to new replies.