Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • A New Hope…
  • teethgrinder

Not seen this on here yet, but there’s a couple of shots of it over on PB.

New Hope bike, and probable replacement for the HB.160, and I for one welcome our new high pivot overlords.

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/tris400d/album/High-Pivots-Ard-Rock-2021/?directtolastphoto&directtofirstphoto

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/spotted-prototype-hope-high-pivot-enduro-bike.html

Rubber_Buccaneer

Is that genuine? Doesn’t have enough gaudy anodising to be Hope does it? And what there is doesn’t matchy match

Jordan

It is genuine! Very first one out of the mould.

teethgrinder

Seems real and I heard there was a new one coming. Didn’t think it’d be a high pivot though, and not sure if it’s in it’s final state. They had a stand at Ard Rock and seemed to be showing it off there.

As for the anodising, there’s not enough orange and green for my liking.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I wonder whether high pivot and idler are going to be so good everyone does them or is it a niche that is already well catered for? Would love a go on one to get a feel

tomhoward

Hope have said it’s an early prototype, with the final version not due till next summer apparently.

endomick
    Free Member

Seeing as the hb160 has disappeared I’d say this will be will out next year after plenty pestering emails from Hope fans.

chakaping
    Free Member

It is genuine! Very first one out of the mould.

They must like it if they’ve already gone public then.

As for the anodising, there’s not enough orange and green for my liking.

They’re still working on a way to anodise carbon, I reckon.

lawman91

hope

Looking at the ardrock photo epic ove ron PB, looks like a new lever is in the works too. New rotor on the high pivot bike and some prototype carbon cranks over their IG. Plenty in the works from Hope it would seem!

teethgrinder

Ooh. Good spot!

frogstomp

I wonder whether high pivot and idler are going to be so good everyone does them or is it a niche that is already well catered for?

MBR didn’t seem overly convinced, although maybe down to the shock tune.

honourablegeorge

I watched that MBR video a few days back, thought it was surprisingly in depth and critical.

DezB
    Free Member

Pretty old now, Hope Tech related, but I thought the video about the Olympic track bike was rather interesting

lcj

Hope need to concentrate on the one thing missing from their line up: a nicely machined bottle cage in all the usual colours. But orange ones first thank you please.

lowey

Ohhhh no i like the look of that. Having just swapped a HB160 for a highlander, I’d be really interested in throwing a leg over one.

Daffy

Hope need to concentrate on the one thing missing from their line up: a nicely machined bottle cage in all the usual colours. But orange ones first thank you please.

No one in their right mind would machine a bottle cage! The waste would be enormous. you’d need to wittle down almost 2kg of Aluminium to 30g.

3D printing with careful nesting and design might work.

endomick
    Free Member

I’m not too keen on the trend of the downtube being way fatter than the toptube, once you go past I certain ratio it doesn’t quite look right, maybe its just me, I think the hope is borderline though, any thinner and I’m out.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘A New Hope…’ is closed to new replies.