Viewing 29 posts - 201 through 229 (of 229 total)
  • A magazine more STW than STW itself
  • razorrazoo

Jamie – Member
    razorrazoo
    Hmm. Doesn’t sound very beard friendly.

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

And I have a beard too, oh the irony. 😀

Cougar

any chance you could amend my OP link to Jamie’s kickstarter page instead of the blog?

Dun.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TVM, Cougar.

May your beard be lustrous and your jean washing indulgent.

Oh, and your axe/cigar/whisky/toothpaste/nutcracker/bogroll/whatever be suitably artisan.

Cougar

Isn’t all bogroll niche?

Cougar

Also,

Pledged.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Niche is so over. It’s all about artisan and craft now. Made with axes, outside your camper van.

CountZero

Hi Jamie, good luck with the mag, it looks interesting; I may even be part of your demographic, although I’ve never paid more than around £80 for a pair of jeans, and those were Howies Crash Test Dummy denims. I’ve got an axe and a beard, though… 😉
    I certainly remember you on the mag, we may even have met at some point, as I knew Justin Loretz pretty well, from when he worked in John’s Bikes.

And mbuk stories? I was so long ago I can’t remember too much, but anything to do with Warner always stressed me the hell out. He broke too much stuff all the time.

Yeah, I went to Vail in ’94 with Justin and a bunch of other riders, and went out drinking with Justin, Warner, and other members of the UK team. A certain red-headed female member of the team was keeping me entertained with stories about Warner… 😯
    Good to see there’s life after MBUK, I stopped reading it some time back, to save money, basically, but I miss Mint still.
    What’s Justin up to these days, do you know?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Crikey – Smiffy. That brings back great memories of MTB mag, Chas Roberts DOGS BOLX and San Andreas bikes with upside-down forks and early disc brakes.

What’s he doing now?

RustySpanner

Superficial – Member

PS only silly people wash jeans more than twice a year. They just don’t need it and washing ruins how they feel.

Slick with your own man fat?

ChrisHeath

As another non-jeans washer, I’ve used the money I’ve saved on washing powder over the years to pledge. Seemed only fair, and if nothing else I can use the mag to wave around and keep the flies away.

miketually
    Free Member

Royalty is visiting my workplace today. I’m wearing my jeans.

RustySpanner

That’s fine.

Ime, you should fit right in.
    Very posh people tend to be filthy too. 😀
    And tramps.
    Posh people and tramps.

However – I appear to have ruined a nice pair of Vans by washing them this week, which has made me sad.

You’ve had yours for years – tell me you chuck them in the washing machine now and then?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

As another non-jeans washer, I’ve used the money I’ve saved on washing powder over the years to pledge. Seemed only fair, and if nothing else I can use the mag to wave around and keep the flies away.

As good a reason as any. I’m in too.

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

Thanks guys!

And Smiff? Have a look: https://twitter.com/smithpic

miketually
    Free Member

You’ve had yours for years – tell me you chuck them in the washing machine now and then?

My Vans?

RustySpanner

Yeah.
    I think I’ve ruined my green and black suede Eras. 😐

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve never washed or cleaned my Vans. They’re getting very worn and tatty now: hopefully I’ll either not meet HRH Andrew this afternoon or he’ll not look down 🙂

RustySpanner

But he looks down on everyone. 🙂
    Apart from his parents.

Speeder

Having read a couple of JH era MBUKs BITD I was quite surprised to find Jamie a thoroughly nice & fairly normal chap when I met him on an event we did about 10 years ago. At a time he was, I think, working for Kerrang and I was surprised that he could easily chop from one to the other but I guess it makes sense if you have many differing interests. Makes sense of the method living too.

I like the idea for the mag and those article examples sound great – will be watching with interest. *

Good luck Jamie

* Unlikely to buy it much mind, sorry. I barely get time to read any of the 4 mags I subscribe to now.

Junkyard
    Free Member

But he looks down on everyone.
    Apart from his parents.

Well played SIR ….applauds

bikebouy
    Free Member

We have a Dress Down Friday policy here in Shiney Town and by the looks of most of the folks wearing jeans have either just been bought or are washed and pressed each week.. which is nice (as I’m sitting next to someone whose wearing a pair 😀 ) Then we have the cordroy wearing hobo’s who think they’re all “Landed Gentry” types who look like they’ve never washed anything or worn anything washed 😆 Then we have the Girlies… 😉

chipps

Smiffy is doing all sorts of clever stuff these days – from photography, to horology to very fancy (and nicely designed) road bikes. He’s a modern Leonardo…

siwhite
    Free Member

While we are on the subject of MBUK throwbacks, I randomly bumped into Dave Hemmings in Geveva last weekend. I was there at a promo event with Land Rover, he was working for Rapha and there as part of the Jaguar Sky road team.

Another thoroughly nice chap…

jamiehibbard
    Free Member

See, there’s a lot of love going on with this thread now!

And thanks Speeder, very kind.

Chipps – Smiff’s road bikes are lush!

Bunnyhop

Are any of these jeans red?

Cougar

If I link to this will we get stuck in an infinite meta-loop until the Internet melts?

miketually
    Free Member

I think that it will if you link to this as well?

footflaps

Just found a great quote in the Guardian comments, which reminded me of this thread:

What is wrong with young men in the 21st century?
    Why, in my day a man was judged according to how many vices he could accumulate. It was great!

Although I read it as Bench vices…

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/shortcuts/2014/mar/30/yummies-young-urban-males-personal-grooming

piemonster

Oh dear god

Viewing 29 posts - 201 through 229 (of 229 total)

The topic ‘A magazine more STW than STW itself’ is closed to new replies.