Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A loon stabs a bald eagle to death.
  • Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Click bait but factually correct as you still see.

Right here

BearBack

Awaiting Trumps tweet about how nasty Canadians are.

globalti

Wow. David and Goliath, as the article says.

munrobiker

Loons are terrifying you’re camping in Canada or the Mid West- their cries sound like wolves which can be pretty unsettling if you’re only wrapped up in a cloth tent!

ElShalimo

808 State royalties will be up this week

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Loons are brilliant. I was feeding some birds and there was one loon that’d charge in and attack any bird that it saw getting food- but it didn’t eat any of the feed itself, it was just being a dick. And it was not choosy about who it fought, swans and canada geese got the pointy end just like ducklings.

Vader

Years ago on a beach in suffolk I found a fish and gannet skull interlocked. The gannet must have dived on the fish, the beak had gone in through the fishes eye socket and through the bottom of the skull and wedged tight. It was a sizable fish, the two would have been thrashing about until they were both dead. A macabre way to go.
    My mate has it on his mantelpiece still I think

Premier Icon CountZero
    Subscriber

I read that article on a US news site with a BBC News link – amazing story, bald eagles are regular predators on Loon nests, but this is the first recorded example of a Loon attacking and actually killing an eagle, which are huge, our white-tailed sea eagles are the equivalent size, more or less the same bird except for the white head.
    The loon call turns up on all sorts of records, a very common sample.
    We have them over here, but they’re Great Northern Divers here.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.