Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • A-level Survey – Musical influences.
  • thegiantbiker
    Free Member

For my A-Level Extended project, I have to do a research task and do an essay-style report. The larger my sample, the better my data, so I would be hugely grateful if you could take 5 minutes (if that) out of your day to help me.

The survey is about whether the music we listened to when we were young has an effect on what we like now.

The survey is up on surveymonkey here which should make things easy for you to fill out.

Thanks in advance,

TGB

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Done

Although for the last question I think both answers apply 😛

seosamh77
    Free Member

done, much easier!

donsimon
    Free Member

As you have a posting history, it’s done.
    Q8 was difficult as it didn’t have an free download option.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes done and the stw massif want a mention for helping you do a user friendly version 😉
    yes what DS said would be interesting to know who downloads legally illegally and the age spread

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Done.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Q4 doesn’t let me enter “other”, with my answer. it tells me i haven’t answered it.

tazzymtb

done, bit light on the musical genres and when I filled in the “other ” box it still demanded I fill in one of the normal options as well, so jazzgoth is now a new genre

seosamh77
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    As you have a posting history, it’s done.
    Q8 was difficult as it didn’t have an free download option.

true i kidded on i bought new music too! 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

true i kidded on i bought new music too!

Sssh! Our resident music exec will be out for a rantette with speak like that.

sc-xc

I have done the survey, but it really is awful.

You ask about chart music like it’s a genre – is it not just what’s in the charts?

Same problem as above, chose ‘other’ but had to put a response.

You can find plenty of online guides to compiling meaningful surveys, it may be worth looking up a couple.

EDIT: Play nice Don 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

colournoise

From what I remember of the Extended Project specs, process is more important than outcome so although flawed the survey should be OK. Also, being able to reflect after the event on how the research could have been better will actually gain marks too.

slainte 💡 rob

redthunder
    Free Member

done again.

beej

The survey is a bit simple – I listen to lots of different things, some new, some old (e.g. recorded 40 years before I was born), some from when I was young, lots more I discovered later. Lots of the stuff I discovered later was old, but then some of it is new too. Favorite artist? How can I compare Keb Mo with Half Man Half Biscuit with Depeche Mode with Walter Trout with Ash with Rammstein?

I’ve tried to expand in the boxes, but it feels like you are looking for a couple of simple outcomes. I don’t think musical influences tend to be simple – especially once you get over the age of 16 and start getting into things that not everyone likes. My listening expanded massively from college and then on to Uni.

Good luck though – I hope you conclude that it’s a fantasticly complicated topic!

SaxonRider

I notice that there aren’t that many mountain biking jazz listeners. Shame.

Incidentally, what exam board is your project for? It sounds a bit like the WJEC extended project.

Ewan
    Free Member

Need a third option for the bottom one – spotify. I’ve not purchased anything since I subscribed to that…

emsz
    Free Member

Done!!

good luck with your essay!

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

I did trial a better (in my opinion) survey with people, but it was “too confusing”. Hence the not quite so good survey.

The mentioned problem with the “other” box has been fixed; I’ve never used the site before and it appears I cocked up there. :/

Thanks for all the input guys.

duntstick
    Free Member

Oh dear, is that A level, I’m guessing you’re not the next Zuckerberg

stavromuller
    Free Member

Your survey’s pants, nowhere to enter that the Rolling Stones are the greatest band ever

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘A-level Survey – Musical influences.’ is closed to new replies.