Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • a hatred or huge dislike for all things car…..
  • ton

and their drivers, is it just me?

the not giving a inch to others.
    the tailgating.
    the accelerating and slamming all on.
    the junction blocking.
    the cutting up.
    the lazy shits who queue all the way into leeds every morning, and back out every night…….get up 10 minutes earlier and cycle in you lazy boneidle swines.
    the mindless idiotic ones, who say ‘I work long hard hours to earn money to pay for my car, so I will use it no matter what’. I hate those kind the most.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Oh dear….. had a bad day Ton?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Yes, the car does seem to exaggerate (some) peoples negative characteristics 🙁

scotroutes

Peoples is peoples. On any given commute in Edinburgh I’d see as much poor cycling as poor driving.

peterfile
    Free Member

Aye. I’m always astounded at what people will do in their cars. They’d never do it in the street or they’d be knocked out by the first passer by.

My favourite is peak traffic defensively bunching up on the motorway whilst passing a slip road on, so that the traffic trying to merge has to stop and barge in. LEAVE A BIT SPACE FOR CHRISTSAKE! 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

I felt just like.that yesterday when I had to pick up my wife from Sunderland station at rush hour. I’d completely forgotten how awful it could be. Felt like a really unpleasant race with everyone trying to **** everyone else over whilst ignoring even the most basic laws and courtesies.

sharkbait
    Free Member

It’s just you Ton (with a few exceptions from your list above).

jekkyl

People need to be educated about proper use in a box junction.
    DO NOT ENTER IT UNLESS YOUR EXIT IS CLEAR, err plz.

joolsburger
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqZskUjcAhY[/video]

dabble
    Free Member

lolz

Bazz

I’m with ton on this one, i even have my own phrase for them that i mutter alot, “Cans of idiot”

IanW
    Free Member

I have utter contempt for anyone who parks on pavements, their cars should be crushed.

footflaps

Yep, cars do seem to bring out the worst in people….

nostoc
    Free Member

Cars are warm and dry and they have radios in them

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Disco drivers who believe that double dotted lines on a feeder lane are only for other makes of car…..(mainly a neighbour!!!)

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Yep, cars do seem to bring out the worst in people….

Oh the ironing 😆

jon1973
    Free Member

DO NOT ENTER IT UNLESS YOUR EXIT IS CLEAR

Unless you’re waiting to turn right and can’t because of on coming traffic.

scotroutes

FTFY

chewkw
    Free Member

Ton,

Zombie maggots are everywhere so try not to let them get to you.

All those you have described seem to be the norm to me, as I have been “trained” at driving in bad traffic everyday in the far east. 2 hr jam is the norm.

I know my colleague get really angry when someone cut in front of him while he drives but I do not feel anything.

However, I did have an old guy cutting from right lane to enter a small lane on the left few feet in front of me (I was in the left lane). Guess if I t-bone him he would have been dead but because I was driving slowly I managed to stop in time. Just missing him by 3 feet or so.

🙄

matt_outandabout

I am with ton.

mattsccm
    Free Member

That unless about box junctions has always seemed stupid as why else would it be blocked to stop you turn. You could be in that silly yellow box for sodding hours.

nwilko
    Free Member

World is sadly full of twunts, many of which drive a car..
    Less people cycle than drive so your very likely to meet a twunt driving a car when you on your bike.
    The same ppl will push past you in a supermarket,
    Leave their trolley blocking the isle,
    Be rude and answer their phone in the middle of a conversation they initiated with you,
    Not control their kids ever.
    Moan about teacher training days and then take their kids out of school for 2weeks to goto Florida/ skiing..

Can’t change them, just ignore, most of society is not worth anytime nor effort.

ton

Can’t change them, just ignore, most of society is not worth anytime nor effort.

the older I get, the more this makes sense.
    and I don’t reckon it is a minority that become fecktards behind the wheel of a car, I reckon it is the majority.

andyh2
    Free Member

Maybe it’ll all be OK in 20 years when ‘driverless’ cars are the norm.

ton

hopefully the price of fuel will increase to a level that lazy folk cant afford it…. 😆

MoreCashThanDash

I love cars – some of them are beautiful, some make a great sound, some are stupidly fast and impractical, some are really great pieces of design

The strange creatures that they designed to control them out on the roads, now some of them I have issues with!

skiboy
    Free Member

I’ve had a awful day too some of which was car related,

But is also quite amusing in places,

First picked up another chip in the windscreen on my two month old car ,only had it repaired 3 weeks ago, my mind was on it when I reversed into the lamppost when I arrived at work !

That was it the start of a crazy day,

While telling my boss about it he informed me that personnel had screwed up my wages and I will be missing a big slice if cash this week but they are working on sorting it,

That really didn’t help and only half hr later I was in the toilet bombing Dresden into submission when one of my work colleagues stepped in to greet me as I had forgot to lock the door,

I then proceeded to crash the work LCA system and mess up all my mornings work,

I went for the usual walk at lunch and was talking to one of my mates when he didn’t answer I turned around and he was cringing at me from the curbside as I had just walked out in front of a car ! It had seen me luckily.

Left work early in order to go home and hit RESET.

Slightly off subject but thought it would be good to share

postierich
    Free Member

I,m with you Ton I get eyeballed in the playground because I bike with my daughter on the school run holding the **** up!

You need to buy a camper now I really piss car drivers off in that!

redstripe
    Free Member

Where I am it’s not so much the knobs who are deliberately obnoxious/aggressive, there are far more f**kwits who don’t know what they are doing in a car, particularly retired folk in Honda Jazz automatics or similar small far east stuff they have bought with their retirement package because it’s cheap, sensible and has a long warranty. They are really scary. Crawling along, not awareof what’s going on around them. Every week our local rag has stories of people being run over or houses crashed into by some oldy in an automatic who got confused with the pedals. I love cool cars, my van and motorbike but agree with morecashthandash, it’s the type of person. Don’t let it it get to you. Worked out the other day 25 of our staff live within 4 miles of work, only 2 of us cycle in. Must do something about that

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Aye. I’m always astounded at what people will do in their cars

I find that for peace of mind, it’s easier not to care about what everyone else is doing, but to observe, deal with it ASAP if necessary and continue on my way forgetting all about it.
    Smooth, steady, calm progress. Look after number one. Don’t stress about it….. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Oh its certainly not just you!
    I hate driving with every fibre of my being.
    i know, everytime I get in the car that within minutes someone will do something annoying/stupid/impatient/moronic and I just can’t get my head round it. I really need help!

Makes me laugh when folk on here say they want a “fun” car! How many seconds of the hours of driving you do are actually FUN? For me it ain’t many at all!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I hate driving with every fibre of my being.

Really Dez? Really really?
    Or not? 😉

IanW
    Free Member

Where I am it’s not so much the knobs who are deliberately obnoxious/aggressive, there are far more f**kwits who don’t know what they are doing in a car, particularly retired folk in Honda Jazz automatics or similar small far east stuff they have bought with their retirement package because it’s cheap, sensible and has a long warranty. They are really scary. Crawling along, not awareof what’s going on around them. Every week our local rag has stories of people being run over or houses crashed into by some oldy in an automatic who got confused with the pedals.

Regardless of the facts suggesting exactly the opposite?

DezB
    Free Member

REALLY!!

scotroutes

Regardless of the facts suggesting exactly the opposite?
    [/quote]Must be true – because older people pay hugely inflated insurance premiums…

… oh!

titusrider
    Free Member

Mmmm I love driving and cars..

I love all types of cycling too

Lots of people are dicks in this world…..

jaymoid

If there were no cars on the road I’d gladly cycle my commute every day (also incidentally into Leeds). Too many close calls without even adding the dark into the equation. I find Leeds a terrible place for cycle designed roads (unless you live on the canal path route), I generally now take the off-road route in as much as possible.

The more people cycling, the safer the roads will get, hopefully
    http://www.treehugger.com/bikes/bike-friendly-portland-had-zero-cyclist-fatalities-2013.html

ton

jaymoid, I get on the canal at stourton, the nearest point to my house.
    leeds is a hellhole for commuting by bike.

brooess
    Free Member

Cars make people fat and angry. We need to get rid. Too many people not psychologically adjusted well enough to be in charge of a tonne of metal.

5 people dead a day, we just accept. It’s bonkers.

People say the Tube is unpleasant but you don’t see anything like the same levels of aggression, bullying, lives being put in danger and no-one dies…

Bring on self-driving cars

fervouredimage
    Free Member

People say the Tube is unpleasant but you don’t see anything like the same levels of aggression, bullying, lives being put in danger…

You don’t use the tube enough.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘a hatred or huge dislike for all things car…..’ is closed to new replies.