• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by bigG.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • A great night’s sleep guaranteed
  • MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Especially when your bike is only a few feet away!

I’m working up in the Lake district for a couple days so thought I’d test out Premier Inn’s bike in your room policy rather than leave it in the work van.

I might even sneak it upto the bedroom when I get home and try “but the Premier inn let’s me do it” when challenged by the missus!

Bike in hotel room

TedC

Never had any issues with Premier Inn and bikes in the room.

Spent the best part of four weeks (during the week) in the same one a year ago, after the first week, they gave me a ground floor room so I didn’t have to take the bike upstairs. Also used them for Ride London and Velo Birmingham multiple times, again no issues what so ever.

leffeboy

I had never heard of that – so impressed

matt_outandabout

Never had any issues with Premier Inn and bikes in the room

Same here.

In fact a couple had a locked store they offered too.

jonnyboi

https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/bike-friendly.html

We’re proud to say that every one of our hotels are bike friendly. Whether you want to keep your bike in your room or have it stored away safely, the choice is completely yours. We welcome clean bikes with dirt-free tyres but if your bike needs a little wipe down, ask at reception about local facilities to help you out. All we ask is you walk your bike around the hotel, lean it gently on the wall of your room and don’t over crowd your room with lots of bikes.

windyg
    Free Member

They are really good, never had a problem always have the bikes in the rooms, i normally ring the hotel after i have booked to request a ground floor room.

MoreCashThanDash

Yep, been great the last couple of years when I’ve been up in Yorkshire.

Travelodge are also usually ok – few years ago we were checking in at Windsor Central when a dozen riders from Long Eaton VC arrived having ridden down on the first leg of a ride to Paris. It had been raining on them all day and the staff didn’t bat an eyelid

zilog6128

Travelodge are also usually ok

the guy on the desk at Merthyr actually suggested I take the bike into my room when I rocked up without it (but covered in mud lol 😆)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Always helpful at the Merthyr one after a bpw session.

lunge

I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a hotel that has minded. As long as the bike is clean you’re normally fine. I no longer ask and just take it up.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve stayed in many many hotels in the UK without issue in ten years as a travelling consultant. Only one hotel complained and it was a youngster on the front desk in a crappy independent place. Hotels seem to have the ‘customer is always right’ approach, because it doesn’t cost them anything and leaves customers feeling happy.

posiwev
    Free Member

Used to stay in the Castle Green Hotel in Kendal ‘ no issue with storing my bike in my room there.
    Same with the Premier Inn in Fort William:)

hatter

Yup, bloody handy when you have an E-MTB with in intergrated battery that needs charging.

Well done Premier Inn.

DezB
    Free Member

We got kicked out of the Merthyr one. They said bikes are fine, but no teenagers!

😆

globalti
    Free Member

Riding your bike down a deserted hotel corridor at 6.00 as you head out to an event is one of life’s naughty little pleasures, along with rinsing it off in the shower afterwards.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I had never heard of that – so impressed

I only found out about it last year too so thought I’d try it out. The guy on reception was trying to get me to leave it in the linen room, I wasn’t sure if that was because it looked a bit dirty or he was just trying to be helpful as I was on the 2nd floor.

The lift was a bit of a squeeze and I had to keep the back wheel off the ground all the way to my room as the rear hub sounded 3x louder than normal at 11pm in an empty corridor!

bigG
    Free Member

Going by some of the folk that I see heading in and out of the Glasgow charing cross one I suspect your filthy bike isn’t the muckiest ride happening in a premier Inn…

Good on them for letting you bring your bike in.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘A great night’s sleep guaranteed’ is closed to new replies.