A first in 30 years of work…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • A first in 30 years of work…
  • …I have a window!!

I can see the world going by and what the weather is doing! 😀

toby1

The things some people take for granted!

Premier Icon sandwicheater
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon bikebouy
    Subscriber

I’ve had a view of the world from the 28th floor for ummmmm, 10years at least.

I can see planes take off and land in a busy part of Larndarn Tarn..

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Currently enjoying an uninterrupted view over Victoria Harbor from the 19th floor,HK side and opposite the old airport in Kowloon. Would be cool if the airport was still open but now I just see cruise liners pulling in and out, not the same #firstworlddissapointments

Premier Icon letmetalktomark
    Subscriber

I have to look up to look out #veal

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Your parole hearing went well then?

Premier Icon cynic-al
    Subscriber

I worked in a factory with no widnows for a while, hated that.

My best office view was over Princes St.

Premier Icon austen
    Subscriber

I would normally be looking out at the outdoor spa pool in downtown Bath. It’s amazing how fast people can get out of the water and into the building when the air temp is below freezing.

Today they seem to have covered it in scaffolding, which is a lot less fun.

Premier Icon Davesport
    Subscriber

I spent 25 years looking out of the porthole of a decompression chamber into a machinery space. Ace!

Premier Icon Dickyboy
    Subscriber

I’m usually one of the guys wandering around the scaffolding looking in

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I have a roof light that magpies like to dance on, so I shoo them away with a laser pointer. I should add that it is semi opaque, so I make it glow red rather than give them retinal burns.

Premier Icon edhornby
    Subscriber

I get a lovely picturesque view of Harpurhey, Blackley, Oldham and lower broughton from the other window.

I also get to see the rainclouds that are going to soak me on the way home

globalti

My view is a car park and waste ground, although I sometimes see deer on the waste ground.

CountZero

Most of my working life has been spent in buildings with few, if any windows, although one had windows in the studio which looked across to RAF Lyneham, which was great when the Hercs were practicing for air display season. However, the last three years has been completely different, two years spent driving cars across much of the country south of Liverpool, particularly Cornwall and the south-west, and now I’m out of doors all day, moving cars around the main site and off-site storage – somewhere around 3-4000 cars in total. Last summer topped up the tan somewhat…

doris5000

i spent a good 5 years or so working from a basement with no windows. quite odd.

still, it was an improvement on the previous 2 years, during which I had a view out over the NCP car park in central Rochdale.

mickmcd

I spent 25 years looking out of the porthole of a decompression chamber into a machinery space. Ace!

That’s a long time to decompress 25years how far down did you go….are you the guy from journey to the centre of the earth

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

My first workshop was an internal space within a divided up old victorian factory in birmingham- no daylight at all and more often than not I was the only person in the whole building let alone the room. It was next door to a screw-making factory and trobbing through the wall there was a heart-beat paced boom, boom, boom, of one of their screw-making machines.

My only indication of the passing of the day was at 8pm the machine would stop which felt a little bit like going deaf and/or dying.

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

I worked as a custody sgt working 12hr shifts with absolutely no natural light. Hated it and made me feel ill. would rather leave the job than do it again.

Premier Icon Ambrose
    Subscriber

I can see the hills from my lab. If I have to use my ‘old’ lab I can see the surf.

Just saying.

Premier Icon Davesport
    Subscriber

That’s a long time to decompress 25years how far down did you go….are you the guy from journey to the centre of the earth

Yup that was me. It would have killed an ordinary man.

hodgynd

If working from home at the kitchen table ( not my small home office )..and on a clear day .. then I have a 20+mile view up the North Tyne Valley, with Deadwater Fell blocking the ongoing view into the Scottish Borders …sometimes the view tempts me out on my bike..naughty but nice !
    The home office view is less inspiring as its of the gable end of the house over the road …
    Pleased for you OP..

Premier Icon scaled
    Subscriber

By best view was out over Westminster abbey from the sanctuary. That was a crazy office space, never known another carpet like it.

Had to share my office with a met sniper for the queen mums funeral.

Premier Icon funkmasterp
    Subscriber

My current view is either Stockport train station or a derelict building in Macclesfield. It depends what site I’m on. Years ago I worked for Kirklees council as a gardener. That had a mix of brilliant and horrendous views depending on which round you were doing.

The best was when I worked in a mill that was next to Hopton woods. I looked after the yarn stores that were all outbuildings. Top views and wildlife and in summer I’d walk through the woodland at dinner time.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

My brother’s first office when he set uo in business was a surprisingly affordable space at the top of a building in central Glasgow.

It had a window but no view – basically just a view of the gable end brickwork of a neighbouring building – but that meant nice, defused natural light came into the space and that was ideal for his work in graphic design and print.

Between signing the lease and moving in…. Glasgow’s first LED advertising hording was installed on that gable end – meaning he had an office that was startlingly well lit, but which also changed colour every 20 seconds.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.