Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • A First Aid Qu that even Drac might struggle with…
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Doing a pre-course online assessment for renewing my Rugby First Aid ticket. In the section on consent, they put a really tricky one out there:

A 14-year old rugby player receives a blow to the groin caused by another player raking their boot along the player’s shorts during a game. The player is in pain and you suspect there may be some bleeding.

What is the most appropriate response to scenario 2?

– You run over and straight away, throw water on the player’s groin and begin to pull the shorts down so that you can see the extent of the injury. You make a joke comment about the player’s tattoo across their buttocks.

OR

-You explain that you will have to have a look at the injury to be able to consider how you are going to assist the player to determine if they can continue. You also think it is wise to check if his parents are present and to speak to his coach before taking any action.

hmmmm. Im going for butt-ridicule! This is easy.

Beagleboy

On my recent first aid course, it was all about checking through the victim’s pockets for loose change and car keys before rolling them over into the recovery position. This was in Glasgow though.

Drac

It’s called the Muntz examination.

cranberry
    Free Member

3 You query “which idiot came up with a scenario with a 14 year old with an ass tattoo?”.

scud
    Free Member

I remember very vividly when playing for Hampshire as a school boy, our number 8 getting a sharp stud across his plums only to scream out in pain, he had split his testicle and all the “plumbing” inside was hanging out down his leg.

There was not a dry eye on the pitch as he was carried off, boys being boys, his nickname was “ping-pong” after that due to the plastic replacement they fitted him with.

JAG

the “plumbing” inside was hanging out down his leg

Ouch!

I’ve just crossed my legs in sympathy!!

Pyro

I first aided at a karate tournament where a 13 year old lad got kicked in the nuts hard enough that things forcibly retracted. Brought a little tear to the eye did that one, and booked him a little trip to see someone with more qualifications than me to have them pulled back down.

Paramedic responder arrived first, told him the lads conscious level kept going, eyes rolling back in his head etc, the guy’s first response was “they don’t keep rolling up pink and hairy do they?”

orangespyderman

Paramedic responder arrived first, told him the lads conscious level kept going, eyes rolling back in his head etc, the guy’s first response was “they don’t keep rolling up pink and hairy do they?”

😆 😆 😆

pictonroad

My friend’s brother went down clutching his nethers after crashing a BMX in the park. white faced he slowly explained that the brake lever was now ‘in’ the bag and he was going to need assistance. 😯

Never ride with a broken brake lever peeps.

longmover
    Free Member

A friend once got a bit close to his back wheel and got his nuts dragged into the gap between the brake booster and the tyre. Luckily it was a HS33 so half the brake and booster could be removed via a quick release. After we had laughed for a bit, deflated the tyre and removed the brake his chap was free.

sputnik
    Free Member

Bollocks

jimbobo
    Free Member

consent is easy.

“stick your hand down your pants and see if theres any blood mate”.
    if there is blood
    “come on lets get you off the pitch and see whats come off”.

Just ask

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘A First Aid Qu that even Drac might struggle with…’ is closed to new replies.