Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • A Field in England
  • noteeth
    Free Member

Psychedelic Civil War-era horror film from the maker of Kill List, shot in good ol’ black and white. Showing friday in cinemas and on TV.

The prospect excites me.

chewkw
    Free Member

I prefer colour when people are butchered in fields …

DezB
    Free Member

Psychedelic Civil War-era horror film

Ooh, my favourite genre! 🙂

“Down Terrace” is on Film 4 tonight too.

noteeth
    Free Member

Showing at The Cube on 22nd and 23rd July, if any Brizzle folk want to see it.

binners

If its like everything else he’s done, it’ll be utterly bonkers!

Which is always a good thing!

dc11
    Free Member

Showing at Cornerhouse in Manchester tonight

CountZero

I was reading a review on Flipboard last night, it’s getting a simulaneous multi-format release. Must set up the Sky+, thanks for the reminder.
    [edit] Sorted, thanks to the Sky+ app. 😀

dc11
    Free Member

What Sky channel is it showing on CountZero?

mtbfix

It’s on Film4 tonight at 10.45

CountZero

Wot mtbfix sed. Sorry, popped out and missed your query. 😀

Drac

Film 4 according to Sky+ App 22.45.

dc11
    Free Member

Excellent! Ta very much.

ononeorange

Sigh. I miss being able to go to the cinema.

roper
    Free Member

That’s my mighty-time viewing sorted. Thanks for the heads up.

MrNutt
    Free Member

it reminds me of my childhood.

user-removed
    Free Member

I have zero idea what’s going on. But I’ve been designing wedding albums whilst watching. Seems peculiar and not a jot on Down Terrace.

boxfish
    Free Member

Well that was different. Basically a mushroom trip in a field somewhere. Reminds me of a few festivals I’ve been to.

fasthaggis

That was as mad as a day trip with clan McMad to a special place that they like to visit. I quite liked it 🙂

The strobe bits were interesting and the Whitehead character was very well done.Couldn’t stop thinking ,oh that’s Tyres from Spaced with O’Neil thoughbut 😉

user-removed
    Free Member

And the evil dude was the same evil dude actor from Down Terrace. The Irish nutter type. I think?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Watched about half of it then got a bit bored. It was like watching someone getting high on weed. They think what they’re saying is profound, what everyone else is hearing is bollocks 🙂

piha
    Free Member

Watched it and I wasn’t overly impressed but nice to see it was filmed around some of our local trails in the western Surrey Hills.

RustySpanner

from the maker of Kill List

Well, that’s me out.

The most unpleasant, overhyped, self important pile of toss I’ve seen for a long time.

noteeth
    Free Member

I finally saw it the other night.

As a kind of faintly-ridiculous lysergic Sealed Knot re-enactment featuring various members of Spaced, The Mighty Boosh and League of Gentlemen, I enjoyed it. Reece Shearsmith, in particular, was excellent – especially his demented emergence from the tent. 😯

The cinema viewing I attended was preceded by a talk from one of the Bristol Radical History mob, who made the serious point (a la Christopher Hill’s classic The World Turned Upside Town) that plenty of subversion was flourishing amid the bloody chaos. Interesting times indeed.

DezB
    Free Member

Watched about 15 mins of it. Nothing interesting happened. FFw’ed, still nothing happened. Deleted it.

Pretentious twaddle.

noteeth
    Free Member

Pretentious twaddle

It wasn’t superb, by any means – but it had its redeeming features.

Nothing I’d fight a Civil War over, admittedly. 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

The most unpleasant, overhyped, self important pile of toss I’ve seen for a long time

Unpleasany yes I think you are being a bit harsh otherwise, rubbish ending though.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘A Field in England’ is closed to new replies.