Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • a few pics of the last few weeks spent bumming it around the Alps….
  • alpin
    Free Member

around and above Tegernsee, Bavaria

(free shitting dogs and arsey hunters will be shot)

and the descent

and the last two weeks with the GF in Vinschgau, South Tyrol.

descent from Stilfserjoch (2840m – 900m with about 600m of climbing in between) via Goldseeweg and Almenweg paths.

(right click for big)

and moving house after the first week

some wildlife.

and some not so wild life

and more of the same tomorrow before getting back to work on thursday….

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Good work

Milkie
    Free Member

Sounds like hard work… But looks absolutely Awesome!

jambalaya
    Free Member

As my daughter would say “living the dream” …

eightyeight
    Free Member

To coin a popular phrase: “Well jel”

cinnamon_girl

Nice pics. 8)

And you ride all that on a hardtail? Respect!

jambalaya
    Free Member

And you ride all that on a hardtail? Respect!

It is Dialed Alpine if I’m not mistaken, that’s what it’s made for. Pretty much perfect for those trails.

kayak23

Bang tidy. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I like your socks.

alpin
    Free Member

^^ cheers… they match my shoes 🙂

yup, hardtail… Fähigkeiten statt Federweg. some huys doing a photo shoot up on Stilfserjoch were also quite impressed.

wehat is “well jel”?

chickenman

Bei mir laueft’s gleichzeitig Faehigkeit und Federung! 😆

althepal

Never thought I’d say this but that looks… Epic.

DavidM
    Free Member

Ah the Goldseeweg. Bit of a guddun that. Did you ride anywhere else in Sudtirol? There looks to be a tonne of potential around the Vinischgau valley, plus I think they have a trail center type thing in there?

alpin
    Free Member

Goldseeweg is good, yes. but the trail from Glurnser Alm is the icing on the cake!

i’ve ridden lots in Süd Tirol. when i guide (only one tour this year) my tours take me through the whole of the region from north to south. fantastic region, especially around Fanes Alm/Marmolada and some of the trails around Bozen.

but, IMO, Vinschgau is a little bit more special. many of the trail-heads are accessable via relatively easy, not too steep clmibs, the trails are really varied from GF-friendly (the Waalwegs, for example) to don’t-tell-mum type riding with everything inbetween. but, most importantly it has its own mini micro-climate and is one of the sunniest spots in the northern Alps and recieves very little rainfall. the day after it rained the trails were bone dry as the ground soaks it up. even in he depths of winter it rarely snows below 1000m in the valley.

yes there is a small network of well sign-posted trails, each graded according to the Single-Trail Skala (http://www.singletrail-skala.de/). but the rest of the trails are also well sign posted and are open to bikes unless stated otherwise via an obvious “no bike” sign.

i’m already planning next years trip 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘a few pics of the last few weeks spent bumming it around the Alps….’ is closed to new replies.