Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • A Few Pics From The Weekender
  • robgarrioch

A fine weekend, reasonable weather for the cycling time.. Saturdays trials sections became more challenging under the gaze of the crowd

The 'part-new' DH course threw up a few surprises too

+ an awesome-saurus had a go to set a 2.00 DH time that none could match (Rowan Sorrell)

(photopage)

Todays XC race was great, & thank god the course designers saw fit not to make us go right to the bottom every lap.
    Big up to JoJoA1 for winning the (ahem) 'Veteran' Laydees, and ,of course, everyone else (jo's the only one I know). And how comic was the heaviest rain of the day starting just as the local MP / Councillor started to make his speech – everyone scurrying for cover…

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I was up for some photos/heckling today and it looked brilliant – better XC course than last year. Gutted I couldn't be riding but as soon as 2011 entries are out, I'm signing up. July 2011 can be organised around this!

Also got 150+ photos just from the XC race which I'll get uploaded ASAP.

robgarrioch

Whereabouts were you snapping, DBW? I was no. 346, when you get around to it 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

All over the shop. Started above the start line, then made my way towards the optional black/red section hoping for some carnage (which unfortunately didn't happen) and then wandered around the sections up top near the skills area.

I'll shove them all on flickr when I get them downloaded and if anyone wants stupidly sized 4MB copies then drop me a mail! Think I got pics of most people Rob so I'll let you know!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I didn't enter cos my Mrs was due to give birth yesterday, she didn't, so now when it is born we'll call it Lee

stanfree
    Free Member

Looks great Rob a wee bit more technical than the TBC Pentlands run by the looks of it.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Thanks Rob! Just woken up after an epic nap. Thanks to stw towers for organising the event. Really chilled and friendly. Great courses, and the best catering van EVER! Didn't have to cook at all as they were so good and reasonably priced. Sign them up for next year immediately.

Oh,and if anyone has a snap of my 'bike still attached upside-down fail on the hill climb'… please destroy.;) 🙂

MadBillMcMad

great w/e.

downhill course made it for me – was so much better than last year, an interesting and involving route.

craigf
    Free Member

yeah, another fantastic event put on by the guys, big thanks to the organisers, marshalls, local authority lads, rangers and volunteers. smashing event, great format.

everything that was good about last year was still there, good encouragement/heckling, nice atmosphere, no DH/XC split nonsense…

downhill was great, needed much more thinking about. seeing the fast guys go down it was awesome and seeing the lines folks like Mr Sorrell and Ali took was a bit of an education… and then everyone trying their hardest on the xc… blimey that hurt. but all the bigger lads on bigger bikes still giving a shout of encouragement as they effectively lost places to the whippets was, well, lovely 🙂 and the great leveller was that everyone looked a bit sick and wobbly as they came over the line no matter where they'd finished!

yoshimi

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/4757778671_36178ede98_b.jpg[/img][img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4757716609_2b22d3bddc_b.jpg[/img]

Heres a few of mine from the downhill on saturday – lots more on my Flickr page, just click my profile.

robgarrioch

Nice work Yoshimi – I really struggled getting round that mini-hairpin at the little cattle-grid / humpback bridge, wish I'd spent some time watching there for a few hints…

Baldysquirt

Great weekend. Had a really good time despite my very average performance (well, very below average in the trials!). The only thing I missed from last year was Brant on the mike. The actual riding this year was much better than last year, though – I actually enjoyed the XC.

jbyr
    Free Member

Nice pics also got some too…didnt find out about it till to late really, couldnt sort work in such short notice. But will be there next year with a few friends

haventgotone
    Free Member

does anyone know if they post the result on the website?

Sven

Nice pictures, Rob, and also yours, yoshimi, are great. Thanks to all the marshals and volunteers, they made it a great weekend. I would very much hope (and think) that results will be posted on the STW website later on…
    Sven

Ju
    Free Member

Once again a crackin' weekend. The greater difference between the DH & XC was brill, both really interesting and challenging but very managable. Absolutely nackered though but that might have been the goosing about on Sat evening. Sign me up for next year – can't wait.

Last year they posted the trials and DH times on the Monday and the XC and final times on the Tuesday – I think……maybe

Thanks everyone to doing all the trial building and organising the event. Can't wait for the link route between Cragg and Lee Quarry.

matthew_h
    Free Member

All of the results are up on the Mikrotime site:

http://www.mikrotime.com/mtb/st2010/st2010.html

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Yes cracking weekend, thanks to organisers and marshalls too, where is the photo of the over the handlebars shot, that won the frame? That was my sis 🙂

ctznsmith
    Free Member

hmm mikrotime appear to have changed my sex, I know I have long hair but… 🙄

robgarrioch

Enjoy it while you can, ctzn 😈

Everlong
    Free Member

Hurrah!!! What a brilliant weekend!!!

haventgotone
    Free Member

anyone know who any of the pro photographers where for the weekend?
    anyone got any pictures of me please number 384?

markenduro
    Free Member

Great weekend, I managed better than I thought I would on the Saturday with 4/5 on the trials and 2.56 on the DH, so celebrated a bit too hard on Saturday night and only managed 2 xc laps due to the biggest hangover int he world ever.
    Big thanks to the marshalls and the guys from the local council who did a top job all weekend.
    Will also be back to Lee Quarry at some point, probably as par tof a 2 dayer round the MTL.

project
    Free Member

Heres some pictures of the xc riders on the Sunday, before the rain started.

http://picasaweb.google.com/BIKEYPAUL/20100704LEEQUARRY4JULY2010SINGLETRACKWEEKENDER#

project
    Free Member

[

mrsflash
    Free Member

well done to Kirsty (CraigF up there's mrs) for winning the ladies again!

Ed-O
    Free Member

A couple of photos from Denis Oates, the Lancs Council's ace photographer, here….

http://greatrock.posterous.com/some-photos-of-the-singletrack-classic-weeken

robgarrioch

Just realised I forgot to say THANKS to the instigators, organisers, personnel, marshalls and other competitors; a great, truly memorable* weekend

*literally, I keep flashing back to various stages of the weekend, currently: going way too high on the red-descent berms into the skills area…

Ed-O
    Free Member

Nial pinning it on the DH course. No pussy line here.

photo Jules Bugler

Ed-O
    Free Member

More pinners on the DH….

Ali Clarkson

Euan Bugler

photos Jules Bugler

v10
    Free Member

Great pics Yoshimi

Nice one of me (last one) so i would say that 😀 Awesome event though. Not raced for years, was good to hear the beeps again! Cheers to everyone involved in organisation, marshalling, everything else, was hugely apprechiated by all.

yoshimi

V10- can email you ghe original if you want, just let me know your address

v10
    Free Member

Hey Yoshimi that would be great, thankyou.

Just pop it over to luke@hotlines-uk.com if you get chance.

Thanks again 😀

yoshimi

no probs, sort it tonight for you

hora
    Free Member

Looks good- nice pics 🙂

Ed-O
    Free Member

More great photos here of the Weekender by Denis Oates

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51835591@N06/

TonyL
    Free Member

Bumping this post in case anyone has not yet had a look at the pic's taken by Denis (see ed-o's post above) some excellent ones in there. Denis is LCC's photographer but only for a few days more as his job is going as part of efficiency savings. I'm pretty sure he'll be looking for work though so if any one needs a good photographer give him a shout!

project
    Free Member

The wrong person is getting the push, a photographer is always best to have in house,eg the LA, best wishes to Dennis on whatever you do next.

blackdahliaphoto
    Free Member

hey guys. feel free to check out a few of my pics from the weekender…

http://blackdahliaphoto.pinkbike.com/album/-Singletrack-Classic-Weekender/

yoshimi

Nice pics blackdah – really like the one of the kid (not in a weird way 😯 ) colours are lovely – was this all done with clever things like curves and the like that I dont understand?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘A Few Pics From The Weekender’ is closed to new replies.