Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • a few pics from the Scottish Motorbike Show
  • dogbert
    Free Member

Nothing special, just a few pics (and not terribly great ones) from todays Scottish Motorbike Show. These shows seem to be a bit overly expensive these days, but at least there was some lovely metal on show:

Pigface
    Free Member

Aaaaaaarrrggghhhh the Superdream behind the VFR I feel ill.

dogbert
    Free Member

Aaaaaaarrrggghhhh the Superdream behind the VFR I feel ill.

My dad had one a good few years ago, he was with me and still wants to get one to restore…….not the best investment really

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RustySpanner

For god’s sake, why don’t Honda just build some more RC30’s?

Gear driven cams, beautiful detailing, wonderful engineering.
    I’d have one in a flash.
    VFR1200? No ta, a massive step backward.

May god forgive me, but that rotary, behind that over polished Dommie looks quite appealing.
    Time for a lie down.

emsz
    Free Member

my dad had a bike like that top one (same colours) but I’m pretty sure it said 400? on it. is that right? Or have just remembered it wrong?

the_lecht_rocks

i love my VFR1200. have you ridden one Rusty ?

Hadge
    Free Member

Both my brother-in-laws had Norton’s. One had a 750 Commando Interstate that had a custom paint job on it and it looked amazing and the other was a Mk3 850 that got stolen and was found trashed in Ireland. A mate had a 500 Mach 3 500 Kwacker too which was mental to ride. Handled like a total pig but looked stunning.
    There’s a haulage firm near where I live and the owners son has an RC30, mighty fine bike too.
    One of my biker mates has an RC45 which he got dirt cheap as Honda were selling the last lot off as at the time everyone wanted the Ducati 916. Still rides the thing but only when it’s very dry lol.

dogbert
    Free Member

my dad had a bike like that top one (same colours) but I’m pretty sure it said 400? on it. is that right? Or have just remembered it wrong?

This one emsz? VFR400 NC30

emsz
    Free Member

Yep, dogbert that’s it 😀 , I went on the back of it once (it was enough LOL)

MrSparkle

Dogbert – thanks for sharing. Nice pics.

RustySpanner

Lecht, no I haven’t, sadly.

I know it’s daft and I know yours is actually a much better bike to ride, but those gear driven V4’s just appeal to me, purely from an engineering point of view.
    Been looking at later VFR 750 and early 800’s recently, but not brave enough to take a stab just yet.

Honda just seemed at the very top of their game with those bikes – designed by engineers, not accountants.

I had Yam 2 strokes, old Brit bikes and a terrible haircut at the time and an RC30, as now, was just the stuff of dreams.
    It just annoys me that now I can almost afford the equivalent of a new VFR800 Honda have dumbed down the design.
    They never could do camchains!

Have to admit though, the 1200, especially in white, is one of the best looking bikes Honda have done since the original r’Blade, SP2 or NSR250SP.

br
    Free Member

Agree about the RC30, had one chase me all the way from Ramsey to the Tram line – the sound was glorious – luckily I was on a zx9r, so he didn’t have the top-end of mine, I was already in front and it was 2-way traffic 😯

But really don’t understand why anyone would want to restore a Superdream, of for that matter a 400-3 Kwak – they were nothing special in their day.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Drooling!!! Gorgeous two-stroke banshee wailing triple!!!!

SB

PS –

But really don’t understand why anyone would want to restore a Superdream, of for that matter a 400-3 Kwak – they were nothing special in their day.

…. might not have been to you, but to me they were the stuff dreams were made of! 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

The original VFR750 was a gorgeous do it all machine, it could tour two up or scratch with the best. Now it is just a big bloated mess, typical Honda being ruthlessly efficient but a million miles from the original.

Northwind

Makes me a bit sad that I didn’t even know it was on, proof of the death of interest I guess 🙁

I remember trying my mate’s RC30… He banged on and on about how amazing it was, then it turned out to be a worn-out piece of crap 😆 Almost couldn’t get my keys back off him. Never did get a chance to ride a good one.

dogbert
    Free Member

There was a stand full of Kwakers of the same ilk, similar age and differing engine sizes. All looked like they had rolled right out of a showroom somewhere…….lurvley

Only trouble is after view such lovely machinery it makes me want a bike again

br
    Free Member

Afraid that was really only the early H1’s and H2’s, all the rest were pretty emasculated and handled as you’d expect with the standard 70’s hinge in the middle.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Afraid that was really only the early H1’s and H2’s, all the rest were pretty emasculated and handled as you’d expect with the standard 70’s hinge in the middle.

You owned a few then?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘a few pics from the Scottish Motorbike Show’ is closed to new replies.