Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • A DEGREEEE??!??!!
  • Stoner
    Free Member

ARE YOU MADD?????!!!

Just had an email reminding me that I can vote for the new chancellor of the University of Cambridge. I usually bin such emails these days but this time….
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-13640487

The candidates are:
    Mr Abdul Arain
    Mr Brian Blessed
    Mr Michael Mansfield
    Lord Sainsbury of Turville

Not withstanding that Michael Mansfield is a xxxxx xxx xxxx xxxxx very successful litigant and Lord Sainsbury gave far too much cash to the Labour Party that leaves local shop keeper Mr Arain and Brian Blessed.

Unfortunately I have to go and vote in person, which makes it pretty unlikely…but Mr Blessed would be teh AWESOME!

johnners
    Free Member

Powder me down, slut!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wow did you go to Cambridge …..iirc you forgot to mention this last month.
    Any chance of some shots of your big posh house in case we forget about the wine seller and the shed or the paddock?
    Bloody noveau riche 🙄
    I will let you decide how much is jest and how much is the politics of envy
    Me earlier

Stoner
    Free Member

nouveau riche

and how do you know Im not the 14th Earl of Malvern eh? Peasant!

andyl
    Free Member

Now he would make formal dinners entertaining!

Stoner
    Free Member

“And now the Chancellor will say grace….”

Junkyard
    Free Member

if you were then the groom of the stool would post for you 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Please wait while My Lord composes a response.

andrewh
    Free Member

Earls don’t have a groom of the stools, and I beleive the last monarch to have such a person was Henry VIII.
    Really, the plebs should know better than to interupt a conversation about which they know nothing. Maybe if started using some long words the working classes would leave this thread to the rest of us?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

But you only went to Girton Stoner…

Stoner
    Free Member

My name is actually Margaret.

Mattie_H
    Free Member

If you were there a very very long time ago…

RichPenny
    Free Member

Maybe if started using some long words the working classes would leave this thread to the rest of us?

Perhaps you should master the short ones first ,eh?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Maybe if started using some long words the working classes would leave this thread to the rest of us?

supercilious??

andrewh
    Free Member

I no the words, I just can’t tipe.

oldnpastit

Looks like I can vote as well. Just got to pop down to the Senate House, which shouldn’t be a problem.

OK, who should I vote for?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

that leaves local shop keeper Mr Arain and Brian Blessed.

…but Mr Blessed would be teh AWESOME!

Why, what’s wrong with Abdul ?

Is it cos he is black ?

Racist.

Stoner
    Free Member

Yes. yes it is. 🙄

Your subtleist troll yet, that is GG….

Mattie_H
    Free Member

So tell us about Girton Stoner…

Stoner
    Free Member

You forgotten what it was like already Matt?

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Ha! Trying not to these days…

Stoner
    Free Member

PM me off forum. Cant go round boring the plebs in here with our tales of whipping the local peasantry, eating Swan and rogering the toast racks.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

rogering the toast racks each other.

Stoner
    Free Member

*slow hand clap for DD*

😉

Mattie_H
    Free Member

Will do

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*bows*

Oh…

Stoner
    Free Member

You want to keep upright round these parts if I were you DD…

oldnpastit

Well, having looked at the candidates, Lord Sainsbury seems the obvious choice, as the person most likely to be able to persuade people with large amounts of money to donate some of it to the University for things like new lecture theatres (c.f. Bill Gates’ donation of £12M).

So that’s who I’ll vote for.

Kevevs
    Free Member

SWOOON! Stoner. Just catching the Brian Blessed meme now? haha! you are such a backward old fart!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Your subtleist troll yet, that is GG….

Well I’m not in your league when it comes to subtle trolling Stoner, that’s for sure 😀

This is a classic “look at me all you envious plebs, I’m proper posh, and, wait for it, I know this this bit will really stick in your gullet, I am proud of it” type Stoner thread. Like your (in)famous “look at these photos of me in my dandy hunting attire” thread.

All that was needed was a predictable response from ernie lynch 8)

And if you’re really lucky, Elfie will roll in later and give you some proper abuse.

mefty
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be a thread about nonsense degrees…but then again as it is about Stoner’s Land Economy degree (the sportsman’s degree alumni such as Gavin Hastings and Rob Andrew) from a girl’s college, I guess it is.

andrewh
    Free Member

I was turned down by Cambridge when I applied to study Land Economy. Ended up at Reading doing finance and comercial real estate.
    Thanks Mefty, I was turned down for a nonsense degree! Got to be even worse than doing one.

*Off to look up course at Univeristy of Luton where I can lean to speak klingon*

mefty
    Free Member

But were you any good at sport?

andrewh
    Free Member

Not then. But I realised half-way through that I didn’t want to be a surveyor or investment banker, spent too much time on the bike but somehow came away with a 2:1 and have since done more riding and a succession of crap jobs. 1 World and 2 European champs* later I think this was the best idea, sod working I’m off riding. Yes, I know I’ll have no pension, but if the markets carry on like this neither will those who have worked hard and saved, and I bet I’ve had more fun.

* Participation in, not winning of!

Kevevs
    Free Member

Don’t pick on Stoner, you ruffians. He’s a decent thoughtful chap and looking out for all your minor plights and whims given his awesome power of teh Blessed.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And if you’re really lucky, Elfie will roll in later and give you some proper abuse.

If Elfie could be bothered. Truth is, I’ve just made a nice meal* and probbly going to settle in with some beer and iPlayer stuffs. Far more interesting than some pretentious willy-waving ‘look at me’ toss.

*Includes Elfin’s Famous Home-Made Tomatoes freshly picked today. how Middle Class is that? 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

how Middle Class is that?

That’ll be your independent school education.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I doubt it. I was expelled before we got onto gardening. That was only available from 4th form I think.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was expelled ….

Expelled from public school eh ? I’ve always understood that that distinction has always been reserved for the most privileged spoilt brats in society.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well there you go.

My tomatoes were delicious. 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘A DEGREEEE??!??!!’ is closed to new replies.