Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • A days trail from Aviemore
  • dufusdip
    Free Member

Any advice for a days riding (fat bike) route starting and ending in Aviemore in two weeks’ time?

I’ve seen Lairig Ghru but no idea if the trail conditions are mental currently or whether the out and back nature would be limiting on getting to the good bits.

Any thoughts or alternatives?

Scotroutes is the obvious target but happy to hear about any experiences.

Cheers!

scotroutes

* waves *

It’s going to be very weather dependent. Burma Road circuit, Ryvoan/Nethy, Glen Feshie & Inshriach are all good options but will depend on snow levels. LG up to the Lodge track and back will be fun but is a pretty short ride unless you add in other stuff (which I can help with).

Get ideas, but post/PM me nearer the time and I’ll let you know what might work. Today, just getting to Glenmore and back would be bloody hard. It’s fresh, deep snow and will require a lot of pedalling downhill as well as up.

bri-72

Snow dependent i guess. badaguish, loch morlich, och an eilean, ghamna, feshiebridge, and return for lower level fun. Push part way up lairigh ghru and down as an extra.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Thanks, both for further pointers and the offer of help! I’ll have a shifty at those.

With the three inch dusting in Clackmannanshire I’ve just had the fat bike out in snow for the first time. Fun, but feel it in the legs!

scotroutes

If the conditions are right then getting into the corries, or even on to the plateau will make a fantastic day out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘A days trail from Aviemore’ is closed to new replies.