Viewing 36 posts - 121 through 156 (of 156 total)
  • A couple of muslim couriers…
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Have all the different christian and mulsim sects stopped being ghastly to homosexuals?

A lot of Christians have stopped being ghastly to homosexuals yes. So can you stop being ghastly to them please? What’s that? You don’t know which ones they are?

Well that’s my point, isn’t it.

gonefishin
    Free Member

A lot of Christians have stopped being ghastly to homosexuals yes

The vast majority of christian churches have not stopped being ghastly to homosexuals and any individuals who have might do better to speak up a bit more and criticise their leaders.

molgrips
    Free Member

But STW still likes to deride all religious people for being stupid, regardless of their actual views.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I know I’m stupid:)

Junkyard
    Free Member

I must have misread the highlighted quote even though JY hasn’t presented your interpretation.

I had to re read this thread to see what was being discussed- I did not realise it was that comment tbh

I assume it is pretty clear I am mocking those who are saying that all religious people are stupid rather than I am saying it.
    I accept it is not that clear and open to interpretation
    I was not and nor would I ever say the religious are stupid in general even though that one belief is.

Knowing whether a person believes in a religion tells you nothing about how bright they are.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

seems to be revolving around New Earth creationists rather than Muslims specifically / generally.

I thought it interesting that some christian gibberish seems to have leaked into one of the other monotheistic nonsenses.

A sort of intra-superstition meme, if you will.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

A Penguin worshipper paying tribute.

Heretic!!!

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven penguin, or any likeness of any penguin that is on the moon above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth (possible fracking thread crossover!). Thou shalt not bow down thyself to other flightless birds, nor serve them: for I the Penguin thy God am a jealous Penguin, visiting chocolate biscuits of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

— Penguidus 20:4-6 (KJV)

joshbosh12
    Free Member

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

JY – sorry I obviously DID misread your comment! I agree with your final comment – there is no correlation either way between religious faith and intelligence.

crikey
    Free Member

But STW still likes to deride all religious people for being stupid, regardless of their actual views.

…is more like it, really! 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

So they were in line almost half of Americans

http://www.classwarfareexists.com/gallup-46-of-americans-believe-earth-has-existed-only-10000-years/

I’m going to estimate that I’ve taught Big bang Theory to several hundred Muslims. This included calculating the age of the Universe from 1/H. Not one has ever questioned the age of the Universe or anything else about the theory. Well except sensible scientific questions. But that wouldn’t have made a very interesting thread would it.

Yeah well, I know a evangelical Geologist who believes the earth is thousands of years old.

I’m not even **** kidding.

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9ImScQGAo[/video]

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well I for one certainly criticise irrational beliefs, but I’m not aware of ever having called some stupid. The irony of you criticising STW for having a single view whilst also criticising me for treating all religious people the same has however made me chuckle.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

What – compete to be banned? Well surely that wouldn’t last long?!

You’d be suprised. It took me 10 years of concerted effort and 89 bannings before I was perma-banned from a reasonably popular forum.

jekkyl

but all religious people are stupid, I’m confused!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Russell nailed it in that video.

Cougar

I am offended by your rash generalisation.

STW doesn’t do anything of the sort. A couple of users like to, and usually get told off when they do. It’s all a bit Daily Mail-esque really, sensationalising problems that don’t actually exist.

Go and sit in the corner and think about what you’ve done. (-:

Junkyard
    Free Member

FWIW they dont come over as being as daft as those who dont believe in religion yet defend it. Theythen try and explain,badly, the views they dont share 😛

yossarian
    Free Member

could someone please precis the thread, in a haiku if possible.

on first glance I thought woppit was coming across as sneeringly superior and belittling in his views and comments but this genuinely might not actually be the case.

Kryton57

This lot knocked on the door earlier…

I’m totally convinced and have earned my place on the moon for a small donation. You lot of doubters are clearly ****, praise be to Penguallah *bows*

dannybgoode

@yossarian:

Muslim Couriers, God
    Religion, Argument – Sad
    In summer, nothing

More or less follows the rules of Haiku but not by any means perfectly.

Cheers

Danny B

ampthill

The only professional European Footballer ever to come out and say they were gay committed suicide due to the hate they received.

So were do we stand on football players and fans?

(Ps I hope I’m wrong on this but I’m sure its true)

this sort of backs up my point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_English_football

konabunny
    Free Member

OP: slap my back –
    atheist condescension!
    Not big. Not clever.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Bi-curious swan
    Self loathing Muslim birdy
    Smite them with thy wing

Junkyard
    Free Member

The only professional European Footballer ever to come out and say they were gay committed suicide due to the hate they received.

you are wrong there are some out now in Sweden and US player who was based here

I am not saying there is not an issue but I assume the main one is the grief from the stands but it does shame the game

RustySpanner

yossarian – Member

Troll mocks the righteous.
    Molgrips denies man’s nature.
    Why aren’t you in bed?

mt
    Free Member

I have read all these post, surely we are missing something? They were couriers!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Of course !!

It’s all falling into place.

The word Angel actually means messenger.

Our couriers where Angels…. (we won’t worry about mashing up our religions)

But then hold on, isn’t Woppit the post room guy?…. so maybe he’s a fallen angel.

Woppit is the devil

😈

😆

Cougar

I am not saying there is not an issue but I assume the main one is the grief from the stands but it does shame the game

To be fair, based on my very limited experience in football stands, that’s not really an exclusively “homosexual” issue.

Cougar

Woppit is the devil

By that argument, Woppit doesn’t believe in himself. Awesome,

wwaswas

I’d say the biggest problem any high profile footballer has is not what’s shouted at them for 90 minutes twice a week whilst they’re playing it’s being followed around 24/7 by photographers waiting for them to do anything in a public place.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Given that one of the guys (the “trainee”) said that he thought everything was “designed” because “it looks like that”, I was looking forward to asking him if he thought the earth went round the sun, or vice-versa…

Sadly, he was not in today. The regular one of the pair turned up, but didn’t pursue the subject.

Hail the Penguin.

gwaelod
    Free Member

“Bearded Penguin” must be a euphemism for something filthy

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The New Messiah:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI_cKGfUZ5M[/video]

D0NK

this sort of backs up my point

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_English_football I clicked that link expecting to see a blank page, a 404 or maybe just a “Nothing to see here”

quite liked the brand/west’boro vid, that guy’s T shirt is NSFW tho.

Junkyard
    Free Member

To be fair, based on my very limited experience in football stands, that’s not really an exclusively “homosexual” issue

Yes I agree the “banter” as some like to call the awful abuse handed out is the real issue. It is somewhat tribal.
    I doubt there is any real issue within the ranks of the FA or the players on this issue.

Its not that long ago that John Barnes had bananas thrown at him and really the abuse of black players stopped due to positive action and also due to the fact every team had black players.

I am sure a player will come out but I am surprised a high profile player has not come out after their career has ended.

It does shame the game though but some of the fans are proper arseholes
    No surprise the EDL leadership grew out of football hooliganism for example

Viewing 36 posts - 121 through 156 (of 156 total)

The topic ‘A couple of muslim couriers…’ is closed to new replies.