Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)
  • A couple of muslim couriers…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

… just bought up the subject of the “design” “theory” of reality. You know – “if you see a watch you know there’s a designer blah blah blah”. They also thought the universe is just 10,000 years old.

I was very polite.

Having ascertained that (after them “saying 13.7 billion years is not the age of the universe and is only an estimate and anyway how could that possibly be measured?”), that they didn’t know what a Doppler shift was, I said:

“If I told you that I believe the universe was created and is being run by a giant invisible penguin that lives on the moon, using astrology, and furthermore that I demand you not only respect this deeply held belief but also believe it too, would you accept that?”

They said no and left. Quickly. Be interesting to see if it comes up again tomorrow.

Hope they don’t bring a video camera and a sword… 😉

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

…walk into a bar, and the short one says…

glupton1976
    Free Member

Racist. It’s not big and it’s not clever.

allthepies
    Free Member

This penguin……where does it get its sardines from ?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Oh wait, its not a complete-the-joke thread.

erm, death by sword for you, I’m afraid.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sardinia?

cranberry
    Free Member

Are penguins a race ?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well, clearly, it magics them up out of nothing.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Is the penguin running things using astrology, or did you hypothetically figure that all out using astrology? I’m not clear.

Tom-B
    Free Member

allthepies
    Free Member

Presumably the penguin has a beard ? *all* deities have beards.

Drac

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Quatzalcoatl, the feathered serpent, god of intelligence and self reflection, does not have a beard. He does looks a bit like a snake with wings, he’s pretty cool. Here he is eating a worshipper:

Torminalis
    Free Member

I think it was very kind of you to explain why you thought their worldview is pants and frankly I am surprised they are not more grateful to be told that they, their friends and their community are barking up the wrong tree in their quest for enlightenment and happiness.

You wanna watch out though, if you are too persuasive they may come and worship you. Be warned.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Don’t believe in any of it. Never seen a penguin, muslim or anything invisible.

kimbers

is this penguin a god one that penguins believe in or is he a god that any species can worship

its of no matter Iirc correctly the penguins in At the Mountains Of Madness worship Cthulu anyway

when the Great Old Ones rise you and your puny god of penguis, muslims, christians etc will be of no help

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Quatzalcoatl, the feathered serpent, god of intelligence and self reflection, does not have a beard. He does looks a bit like a snake with wings, he’s pretty cool.

Horus doesn’t have a beard either, but frankly, I think looks a bit of a tit

ChrisHeath

It only needs one sardine, then the Penguin’s Son can turn the one sardine into lots of sardines. Obviously.

unklehomered
    Free Member

by a giant invisible penguin that lives on the moon,

Themoon penguin is an affront to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, may his noodly appendages crush the bones of the infidel!

zippykona

All we ever get is “sign here” then a box thrown on the floor.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You have to talk to people. Try “Hi. Good weekend?” just to get it started. 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

I think you have to pay extra for philosophical debate/argument.

ampthill

So they were in line almost half of Americans

http://www.classwarfareexists.com/gallup-46-of-americans-believe-earth-has-existed-only-10000-years/

I’m going to estimate that I’ve taught Big bang Theory to several hundred Muslims. This included calculating the age of the Universe from 1/H. Not one has ever questioned the age of the Universe or anything else about the theory. Well except sensible scientific questions. But that wouldn’t have made a very interesting thread would it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not one has ever questioned the age of the Universe or anything else about the theory.

Interesting. I once saw Richard Dawkins prove that salt and fresh water can mix to some muslim students who believed that they don’t, because apparently the Koran says so.

Despite the evidence of their own eyes, they refused to believe it.

I wonder why the grip of superstition was stronger in them, than your own students?

patriotpro
    Free Member

glupton1976 – Member
    Racist. It’s not big and it’s not clever.

But penguins are black AND white.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

zippykona – Member

Have you never tried: “Thank you, and what is your system of faith based upon, please stay whilst I ridicule it, and you. It will change your life.”

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Horus doesn’t have a beard either, but frankly, I think looks a bit of a tit

You’re right. I think Sobek did a bit better with his crocodile head, although the look does go a bit pear shaped with his ridiculous hat:

Junkyard
    Free Member

But that wouldn’t have made a very interesting thread would it.

Get with the meme, all religious people are stupid.

konabunny
    Free Member

So they were in line almost half of Americans

…and yet I doubt if MrWoppits interlocutors were American he would have “wondered” whether they were going to come back with a box truck and a fertilizer bomb.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Have you never tried: “Thank you, and what is your system of faith based upon, please stay whilst I ridicule it, and you. It will change your life.”

This, and “tell them to **** off” was one of my grandads favourite responses.

Not a nice man, thankfully he’s dead now, some Nazis got him (ironically)

wwaswas

all religious people are stupid.

Worryingly, some of them are really quite intelligent.

I do find the whole thing with humans and ‘beliefs’ seems to bypass logic and play directly to their emotional core.

Believers both want and need there to be more to life than just the science of evolution of a very successful species.

It seems to bypass logic and evidence in their heads.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I have attached a picture below of this invisible penguin, as I too am a devout believer.

oldgit
    Free Member

Holy communion, Penguin buscuit and wine.

wwaswas

it may be invisible but it has it’s own blog. I’m impressed.

scotroutes

Muslim couriers? Did they shine a laser scanner into your eyes?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU[/video]

wwaswas

Did they shine a laser scanner into your eyes?

Ah, I do miss him sometimes.

hora
    Free Member

So Jurassic era etc is a myth? Fossils in slate are planted?!

Does this man I could take Geology degree in a year?

pictonroad

That invisible depiction of the invisible penguin offends me, please remove it

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

A couple of muslim couriers…

…walk into a bar. But they are forbidden from drinking alcohol, so they left.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 156 total)

The topic ‘A couple of muslim couriers…’ is closed to new replies.