Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A Christmas Carol Gone Wrong….
  • RustySpanner

Good wasn’t it?

Preferred last year’s (Peter Pan, still available on the iPlayer) with the live audience, felt a bit more natural.
    Not sure if the more TV based production added much this year.

Still very enjoyable and well worth a watch…

Anyone else enjoy it?

pondo

D’you know, this was ABSOLUTELY the programme I was most looking forward to, and for me it really disappointed. Loved Peter Pan last christmas, saw The Play That Goes Wrong and loved that during the summer, but this did not work IMHO – the only laugh-out-loud moments were warts and wang for me, most of the rest felt awkward, it really lacked the faux sponteneity of a ‘live’ stage show going off the rails. Wanted to love it (Peter Pan had me lol’d from start to finish), but think they lost something – I don’t hold it against them, hope they get another shot, also hoping to see the Bank Robbery That Goes Wrong soon.

Sandwich

So-so response here. The ideas used owed a great deal to Victoria Wood and Acorn Antiques.

theotherjonv

I too have seen the Play that goes Wrong and the Peter Pan and compared to them it was disappointing, but still had some good moments. I think we’ve been spoilt by the previous two really.

If you haven’t seen TPTGW, it’s on tour, really worth seeking out.

http://www.theplaythatgoeswrong.com/uk-tour/tickets

kjcc25
    Free Member

First I’ve seen, I enjoyed it, even had me laughing out loud in places. Must try and see Peter Pan.

ross980
    Free Member

I’d +1000 what Pondo and Theotherjonv said. Peter Pan Goes wrong is fantastic family entertainment. We recorded last year and must be into double figures watching it with the kids.
    I saw TPTGW in the West End earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed that too. I found CCGW a bit disappointing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A Christmas Carol Gone Wrong….’ is closed to new replies.