Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • A chinese light, single U2, tiny profile
  • cr500dom
    Free Member

I brought one of these:

Mini U2 light

From Ebay seller “Chinavally”

I thought it would make a nice helmet light direct mounted, and I could use/modify the clamp to work with the Solastorm I have.

Anyway, it turned up, and as a light its nice, tiny, probably crap battery but seems ok so far.

But the Bar clamp is not as shown, not quick release, cheap, sharp , brittle plastic, so I wasn’t happy about that.
    I`ve opened a case through ebay.

But does anyone recognise the light ? or know where its available with a better clamp arrangement (Or even the one shown)

Cheers
    Dom

z1ppy

oh I was just gunna say, that mount look ace…

mashiehood
    Free Member

I want that mount!

VanHalen

whats wrong with a bit of sticky velcro and a re-usable zip tie?

more importantly – whats teh light like? floody or spotty?

cr500dom
    Free Member

Its like Half a solastorm to be honest 😀

The mount was why I ordered the light 🙁

tthew

Two Fish Lock Block is what you need for that. lock block.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

BLT (remember them?) used to do that mount with their Super Doppler front light.

benp1

Great looking light. Would make a great head light

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

I have one aswell it fits in a exposure helmet mount perfect so it will be ok in there bar mounts aswell.

benp1

Wow, just clicked the link. Its a nice unit but its not worth more than an SS X2 surely?

slugwash
    Free Member

I bought one from a different ebay seller and it came with the pictured clamp (it also only cost 13 quid).

A crackin’ little light. Nice & compact with three light levels and a decent run time. It takes up almost no space on the bars. The clamp is fairly robust, but the wire ‘clasp’ bit can slide off the bit it clamps onto if tightened up too much.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Yeh mine came from a uk seller £19.99 with p&p

spev

Slugwash, do you have a link to the one you bought? Fancy one as a lid light

aracer
    Free Member

this seems to be the same light, but with a different (though still decent looking) mount. Quite tempted by something that small at that price.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Yeh that’s the guy I got it from he is putting the price up soon so don’t hang about if you want one at that price

mudsoul
    Free Member

Just ordered one at £14.99 and 3 minutes later he put the price up by £3.

stevemorg2

I got one before the price rise – worth a try at that price

docrobster
    Free Member

I just ordered one- been looking for something simple like that. Worthy of a punt for £20 incl postage

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Now 99.99 from same seller

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

He puts the price high when he only has 1/2 left just to keep it going on ebay it will go down left he has more turn up.

samuri
    Free Member

Just buy a £2 light from asda and use the mount from that.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I paid £16 and it comes with the (crap) clamp as per aracers link.
    It’s a decent enough light and it will be mounted in my new helmet as a really light, low profile headlamp. I just wanted the original clamp for use with the solastorm light head 😉

althepal

I wouldnt pay £36 for that knowing now how cheap it was. Looks ok as a cheap helmet light though?

benp1

I like the look of these, will keep an eye out for when they come down in price

mudsoul
    Free Member

Received the light but yet to take it out on the trails. Light itself isn’t too bad for what I paid. Doesn’t seem too waterproof, though. Mount is made out of very brittle, cheap plastic.

cr500dom
    Free Member

I’ve had a few updates from the ebay seller, finally resulting in them finding one of the original clamps to send me, so I’ll keep you posted. 😀

stevemorg2

Mine arrived today – it doesn’t work! Let’s hope the seller sorts it out!

benp1

So far so average then…

GrahamS

Looks cool. How’s the charger?

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

If anyone wants mine it’s only been used 3 times but have just got a diablo, I will let it go for £19 posted or £30 posted with a brand new exposure helmet mount email in profile cheers.

riddoch

Blast, could have saved £3 off of what I paid for it if I’d seen your post. 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

My X2 arrived without the rubber O rings. I emailed the seller and he asked me to take pics of the missig items.

*smacks head*

simplydownhill
    Free Member

http://dx.com/p/xl-023-cree-xm-l-u2-350lm-3-mode-memory-white-bicycle-light-grey-black-2-x-18650-218807

Is this (roughly) the same thing? If so, with the same chip and voltage, why is there such a huge difference in claimed lumen? I’m sure there is somebody on here who understands the tech on here. Trout?

Also, looking at the other lights the leads are the same, what happens if you just plug in one of the much more common 4 cell packs with ?double the voltage?

lightman
    Free Member

Circuitry-800mA

Because its not driven very hard, and also, DX have a forum where people really give them hell if they keep putting stupid fake lumen figures up that their suppliers give them.

An XM-L can be driven at 3000mA, but you need some good cooling to stop it frying itself.

Your voltage question should be quite obvious 😉

simplydownhill
    Free Member

Your voltage question should be quite obvious

Of this I am certain. Please assume i’m an idiot.
    Not work at all, overheat or explode?

Thanks for the info above.

benp1

Something not good that is probably irreversible!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘A chinese light, single U2, tiny profile’ is closed to new replies.