Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • A cat video with a difference!
  • spooky_b329

Our cats have never taken the slightest bit of interest in tellys, mirrors or anything else that they don’t understand. They are also extremely lazy and don’t know how to hunt unless its already dead…

Full screen, sound on, and enjoy…

10 minutes later and they are still prowling around looking behind the sofa 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

I’m only commenting so I can find this later to drive my kittens nuts

Trimix
    Free Member

Me too.

cbike
    Free Member
    mattyfez

I tried to get my dog to watch a YouTube video of squirrels.

It didn’t work.

Wasn’t bothered at all.

Conclusion: dogs are better than cats.

welshfarmer

Been entertaining my cat with mouse videos for years. She loves them

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Isn’t this like torturing a cat with lasers? 😀

lister

Commenting so I can find it later too!
    Our cat loves snooker on the telly, watches the balls for ages.
    I reckon he might go for this mouse thing!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

One of our Cretan rescues and one of our old Maine Coons loves/loved a bit of Attenborough.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

That video should end with loads of cucumbers.

DezB
    Free Member

I tried to get my dog to watch a YouTube video of squirrels.

It didn’t work.

Ah, see this depends on the breed – sight dogs can see images on the telly (eg. greyhounds), sniffer dogs (eg. pointers) can’t, at all.
    (My examples are because these are the breeds I know can/can’t, not because others I haven’t named fit into either category)

Sorry, cat thread, as you were.

globalti
    Free Member

My cats were enjoying a film about Loch Lomond only last night; the deer scenes held their attention as much as the squirrels and birds but we could almost hear them wondering “What’s that?”

verses

Ours go mad for Springwatch.

StuF

Our rag doll sat and watched the whole Dynasties tiger episode (even checking behind the tv for a tiger)- he never usually watches tv

qwerty
    Free Member

🤣

luket

Ah, see this depends on the breed – sight dogs can see images on the telly (eg. greyhounds), sniffer dogs (eg. pointers) can’t, at all.

Dunno if you’d call the breed a sniffer but they’re not sight hounds. One of our Flatcoats is a telly watcher. Goes nuts for Attenborough. Will also show an interest in the odd Disney movie. He watched pretty much the whole of Moana very keenly.

cranberry
    Free Member

I have 2 bengals – I’ll play them that video when I want to go out and buy a new TV.

fossy

Our 18 month old male ‘rescue’ said ‘try harder’, but the 7 month old male Ragdoll settled in to watch the video – his sister wasn’t so bothered.

Bit difficult getting three young cats to sit still for long. Too busy !

lister

Our cat settled down for a good 10mins watching that last night. Had a pat and a sniff at the screen then just sat down to watch!
    When we got bored he watched most of Hunted too!

spooky_b329

So one of our cats appears to be quite intelligent…she saw the video twice, once when I played it and once so my wife could laugh at them.

Now she looks to see when I’m watching a video, she just spent 20 minutes intently watching a video of a guy making a mould of a fibreglass rudder and attacking his hands…

welshfarmer

tried to post this from my phone the other night but failed dismally. Will see if it works now…

Sandwich

The late, great Huxley ensuring that no roos were coming in his sitting room. He is growling too! And used to check behind the TV if things wandered off-screen to left or right.

His favourite film was Cats and Dogs, so much noises and snot on the screen!!

mudfish

Quick comment so I can watch later‘;~}
    First the cat claw the screen?its not one for a new telly so do I want to risk it!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Our cat used to like watching programmes about big cats, especially when they were hunting.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘A cat video with a difference!’ is closed to new replies.