Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • A Bridge Too Far…
  • somafunk

Simple, just create an exclusion zone.

Ah ok, i figure with such a statement you must be well informed of the rich fishing in the area but simple is as simple does so that seems to be all sorted, start work on it next week?, i can do tuesday and wed afternoons.

A muppet idea for muppets to frantically pull their dicks over in a big old circle jerk

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ah ok, i figure with such a statement you must be well informed of the rich fishing in the area but simple is as simple does so that seems to be all sorted, start work on it next week?, i can do tuesday and wed afternoons.

As opposed to the rich fishing in the north sea which contains tens/hundreds of undersea pipes which your not allowed to fish over? Offshore windfarms you’re not allowed through, exclusion zones around drilling/production platforms, and plenty of other stuff. And high voltage cables, and wrecks, and everything else?

I mean it’s probably a stupid idea for any number of good reasons, but fishing/navigation isn’t a great one.

matt_outandabout

Subscriber

Yeah. I mean there’s no chance of anyone stuffing up navigation now, is there…?

I suppose if you were to remove everything that was a potential obstruction to shipping, like islands, at least you wouldn’t need bridges? Or was that not your point?

alpin
    Free Member

Are there plans for a customs check around the halfway point?

epicyclo

They’re doing this wrong.

It’s traditional for pie-in-the-sky transport infrastructure that will never happen to be a monorail.

epicyclo

Oops!

Maybe Boris won’t be so keen on his bridge now…

matt_outandabout

😂😂😂

CountZero

Only take 5 years to build a tunnel, say British Tunnelling Society, (even though crossrail is years behind schedule)

Well, the tunnelling part was finished a while back, and on schedule IIRC, it’s the sheer complexity of integrating all the different signalling systems between surface rail, underground and Crossrail that’s causing the delay.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘A Bridge Too Far…’ is closed to new replies.