• This topic has 84 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)
  • A breakthrough in the McCann case?
  • iolo
    Free Member

After all this time and all the publicity do we think these crime watch photo fits are credible?
    Theres a reconstruction on tonight.
    Surely this information would have surfaced at the time of the initial investigation?
    I do hope it helps put an end to this tragic case but somehow doubt the photos will help.
    In this case I would love to be proven wrong

DezB
    Free Member

I can’t remember faces from last night, let alone 5 years ago (or however long ago it was). Can’t see how the photofit is going to come up with any results. (I bet it’s given the rags some exciting front pages though)

soobalias
    Free Member

the two photos seem to cover every male with short dark hair and neutral features, ive ever met.

of the five blokes in the office, only the west indian guy is clear.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Just another opportunity for those repulsive people to parade themselves on prime-time TV bleating about how they weren’t to blame and make my piss boil.

Saw the pair of them this morning protesting that it was all the fault of the nasty, evil person that did this… Well there’s not doubting that this wouldn’t have happened if the nasty evil person hadn’t taken her, but IT WOULDN’T HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU’D NOT LEFT A BABY ALL ALONE IN A STRANGE COUNTRY!!!

Twunts.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And here we go again….

Yawn.

SaxonRider

iolo – Member
    Surely this information would have surfaced at the time of the initial investigation?

You missed out the fact that it was an initial Portuguese investigation.

I remember hating those banana republic pretend cops back then.

If I was a McCann parent, I would have absolutely despaired at the ‘police work’ being undertaken while my daughter was being transported away.

iolo
    Free Member

Shibboleth ,
    Please lets not go down that road. I just think photofits from someone who suddenly remembers something much later is a bit suspect.

johnellison
    Free Member

At risk of getting flamed (again)…

Have a look at the e-fits. Now Google “Jerry McCann” and look at the photos of him that are returned.

Is it just me or do those e-fits bear more than a passing resemblence???

atlaz
    Free Member

Probably the same here too. I can’t imagine they’re expecting someone to find the bloke really.

Lifer
    Free Member

WAIT!

They grow bananas in Portugal?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

The one on the left looks like Piers Morgan… I always suspected he was up to no good…

bencooper
    Free Member

Two completely different e-fits which are supposed to be the same person, plus a description of an average-looking man between 20 and 40 years old. It’s not an awful lot to go on, really.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

As someone that was in Praia Da Luz around that time it may have helped if they had hired a baby sitter,or even better not locked the kids in the apartment and pissed off into town 10 minutes away for a night on the beer, and on not just one occasion either, however they must be suffering as no one should lose a child.

xcgb
    Free Member

At risk of getting flamed (again)…

Have a look at the e-fits. Now Google “Jerry McCann” and look at the photos of him that are returned.

Is it just me or do those e-fits bear more than a passing resemblence???

I think you have a point there, at least to start a new conspiracy theory!

drapper
    Free Member

If by chance/miracle she is found – will she be taken into state care due to negligence by the parents?

irony….

soobalias
    Free Member

Tango Man – Member
    As someone that was in Praia Da Luz around that time

and i bet if you dont match the efit now, its down to hair cut, beard growth or the addition of glasses….

Shibboleth
    Free Member

however they must be suffering as no one should lose a child.

I’m sure they are, but I think their PR machine would be far more successful if they were more willing to publicly accept how responsible they were instead of constantly apportioning blame elsewhere.

Yes, someone evil or sick did something terrible that night, but leaving a baby at the mercy of an evil world is unforgivable. I’d respect them a lot more if they accepted this.

drapper
    Free Member

I’m sure they are, but I think their PR machine would be far more successful if they were more willing to publicly accept how responsible they were instead of constantly apportioning blame elsewhere.

Yes, someone evil or sick did something terrible that night, but leaving a baby at the mercy of an evil world is unforgivable. I’d respect them a lot more if they accepted this.

Nail on the head!

bikebouy
    Free Member

No one mentioned Class yet ??

Tut’s.

As for the efits, well they are just silly. Looks like most here in the office, fits all on the floor below.. and so on and soooo….
    Even some of the Women fit the efits.. 😯

It’ll be just “have you seen this guy/s, he looked dodgy, were you in the area pre/during/after/in an airport/taxi/bus/peddelo..”

I’ll not watch the programme as you can probably tell… but my thoughts are with any (genuine) family that has lost a child.

DezB
    Free Member

The 2nd pic… anyone seen this fella around?

nealglover
    Free Member

As someone that was in Praia Da Luz around that time it may have helped if they had hired a baby sitter,or even better not locked the kids in the apartment and pissed off into town 10 minutes away for a night on the beer,

10 minutes away ??

Which form of transport are you presuming they used that takes 10 minutes to cover 50 metres 🙄

Using a cannonball as a spacehopper maybe.

warton
    Free Member

to be fair, there are about 5 people I can see from my desk who pretty much fit the description.

I thought the government giving the investigation 5 million was a bit off tbh.

bikebouy
    Free Member

£5M ??

Dear God, you could buy Rotherham for that. 😆

Mister-P
    Free Member

I think I will flick between BBC1 showing the McCanns and Channel 5 showing On Benefits And Proud this evening. That should give my TV tourettes a good workout.

mildred

Forget the e-fits – it’s more telling that, other than the UK, the programme is to be shown in only Germany and Holland.

Tango-Man
    Free Member

@nealglover, the complex they stayed in was a 10 minute walk to the town centre, the town centre is where they went on a number of occasion to have a drink(Kellys Bar) minus their kids, and for the odd meal, but this hasn’t been mentioned yet because everyone has swallowed the crap that they stayed in their apartment complex all the time and were only 50 metres away, sorry but if this was a couple from a council estate they would be in jail for neglect

footflaps

I think I will flick between BBC1 showing the McCanns and Channel 5 showing On Benefits And Proud this evening. That should give my TV tourettes a good workout.

I am so glad we don’t have a TV….

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Ahead of its broadcast, Mrs McCann said: “We’re not the ones that have done something wrong here…

I think something along the lines of “We accept that we made a terrible error of judgement that night, leaving three very young children unsupervised for large periods of time in unfamiliar surroundings, especially considering we are both health care professionals and should know better, but please don’t punish poor innocent Maddie for our failings as parents” might have been a little better received.

Dear Mr & Mrs McCann, now that Max Clifford has bigger things on his plate, I’m willing to be your PR guy. My first job would be a live lie-detector test for you both. I know you’re both completely innocent of any wrong doing, but you know how fickle the public can be.

Northwind

5 million would buy quite a few replacement kids. I’ll send them round the catalogue.

nealglover
    Free Member

@nealglover, the complex they stayed in was a 10 minute walk to the town centre, the town centre is where they went on a number of occasion to have a drink(Kellys Bar) minus their kids, and for the odd meal, but this hasn’t been mentioned yet because everyone has swallowed the crap that they stayed in their apartment complex all the time and were only 50 metres away, sorry but if this was a couple from a council estate they would be in jail for neglect

So. you have some “inside information” that isn’t publicly available then.

Sounds believable and reliable to me.

imnotverygood

nealglover, the complex they stayed in was a 10 minute walk to the town centre, the town centre is where they went on a number of occasion to have a drink(Kellys Bar) minus their kids, and for the odd meal, but this hasn’t been mentioned yet because everyone has swallowed the crap that they stayed in their apartment complex all the time and were only 50 metres away,

Yes, out of interest, where does this particular piece of information come from?

aracer
    Free Member

5 million would buy quite a few replacement kids. I’ll send them round the catalogue.

More to the point, 5 million spent on road safety improvements would probably save several children’s lives. It’s hard to write this without sounding harsh and unsympathetic (though at least I’d be in good company on this thread), but ISTM a lot of money to waste on a case where by far the most likely outcome is that they will never find anything more.

allthepies
    Free Member

Some nasty, spiteful comments on here.

Let’s hope they find their daughter.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

[/quote]Some nasty, spiteful comments on here.

I can’t see where anyone has been nasty or spiteful to the victim. And this is what the case is about, THE VICTIM.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Which form of transport are you presuming they used that takes 10 minutes to cover 50 metres 

Maybe they were on the Orange 5 that was in front of me on the last downhill bit at Cwmcarn the other week 😉

globalti
    Free Member

The spiteful comments probably come from people who don’t have their own kids. When you do become a parent, Mother Nature rewires your brain for you and you find the thought of losing a child terribly upsetting.

The reason why there’s so much determination to solve this case is because people suspect it’s the very tiny tip of a very big organised iceberg of children being stolen to order. Solve this and they might just crack it all open and bring relief to hundreds of other desperate families.

Edric64
    Free Member

Do they still get child benefit ?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

The reason why there’s so much determination to solve this case is because people suspect it’s the very tiny tip of a very big organised iceberg of children being stolen to order. Solve this and they might just crack it all open and bring relief to hundreds of other desperate families.

Agreed

The photogenic children of nice middle class happy western families are always being stolen to order

Like ………
    Errrr
    Errrrrrrr

Well Im sure theres lots of others

aracer
    Free Member

The spiteful comments probably come from people who don’t have their own kids. When you do become a parent, Mother Nature rewires your brain for you and you find the thought of losing a child terribly upsetting.

The ones commenting about them leaving the kids? On the contrary, surely such comments are more likely to come from those who wouldn’t leave their own kids in similar circumstances.

Which other desperate families, and why aren’t any of their cases getting this amount of effort put into them?

BigJohn

This is not so much a news item as one of the increasing number of trailers for Crimewatch or Panorama that are inserted into the News bulletins in order to make them sound more like real journalism.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘A breakthrough in the McCann case?’ is closed to new replies.