Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)
  • A bit of fun. Name the Iconic film from the location
  • matt_outandabout

Correct

null
    null
    What else has been filmed at Frenchy castle?

matt_outandabout

Doune Castle – as above with Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Outlander more recently.

And more…

amodicumofgnar

I’d be cheating if I listed the rest as I’d have to have googled them.

matt_outandabout

😜

Mikkel
    Free Member

Watty. Yes Duxford

mrb123
    Free Member

20170528_213458

uselesshippy
    Free Member

@thepurist that’ll be the ok LD Canadian military church in brookwood. Or, the deep south redneck church in Kingsman, among other things.

welshfarmer

Oooo, I know the castle and have driven past it and seen it in films. Now what is it called without Googling. God I can’t get my head around Gaelic. On the road below Kintail IIRC. Eilien Doone or something like that.

Film? Got it in my head but can’t quite get it

mrb123
    Free Member

You’re on the right track Welsh Farmer.

The castle in question was used in Highlander (as was my earlier location of the Cioch, Skye) but the film I’m thinking of here was more recent and suggested the castle was the Scottish HQ of MI6…

scotroutes

Eilean Donan.

I’d have gone for Highlander too!

welshfarmer

Did it feature in Skyfall? Surprised no-one has posted up a pic of Glen Etive yet 🙂

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Did it feature in Skyfall? Surprised no-one has posted up a pic of Glen Etive yet

Take the A9 C as then we’ll be able to track them on the traffic cameras…..

To Glen Coe….. Wtf

amodicumofgnar

Did it feature in Skyfall? Surprised no-one has posted up a pic of Glen Etive yet

Or have they

robw1
    Free Member

Oldagepredator – one of the recent Star Wares films? cant remember which one….but I know they used Derwent Water as a battle scene

amodicumofgnar

one of the recent Star Wares films? cant remember which one….but I know they used Derwent Water as a battle scene

It was, answer a few pages back. You could also have had Swallows and Amazons (remake).

mrb123
    Free Member

Did it feature in Skyfall?

Right spy, wrong film…

Harry_the_Spider

@thePurist

Kingsman?

thepurist

Kingsman?

Yep Harry, and I didn’t even realise until I saw it (again) in the sequel

kcal

Eilean Donan was in “The World is not Enough” as well wasn’t it?
    Right spy, wrong film indeed!

.. and Entrapment. mmm, CZ-J. anyway 🙂

mrb123
    Free Member

Eilean Donan was in “The World is not Enough” as well wasn’t it?

Correct!

matt_outandabout

I was out for a morning run and found this place by accident. It’s a famous for video with 2.7billion views on YouTube…

Mine
    null

Video
    null

kcal

hm, @scotroutes, route between locations sounds a great plan. Reckon no.1 film – if measured by how often can watch it.

Didn’t know about Loch Tarff. Always assumed was one of the wee lochs along the Glenfinnan road.

scotroutes

Didn’t know about Loch Tarff. Always assumed was one of the wee lochs along the Glenfinnan road.

Yeah, so did I.

kcal

So a route should really take in Loch Tarff as well. Excellent.

scotroutes

That’s an option, though it’s not the most direct and it means doing that bloody hill. I did think about including Ferness too but that not only adds a few miles, it also takes me away from a home mid-way stop. If I decide to do it over 3 days, it might be back in.

kcal

I think Ferness is mandatory. Including the crossroads of “use the Force, Luke”..

Edukator
    Free Member

MBR123, this video clip?

scotroutes

@kcal – going via Loch Tarff and Ferness is actually the same distance (312km). That’s assuming liberal use of NCN78 and NCN1 and avoiding the major roads. Over 3 days, that would split evenly around Fort Augustus and Forres.

“use the force Luke??”

kcal

Back road to/from Elgin/Forres crosses the A940 at Ferness. A940 has almost zero traffic on it, especially late / early. It ought to be possible to just approach the crossroads and cross without slowing. Never been brave/foolish enough though.

matt_outandabout

Another, from the front of my old house.
    null

amodicumofgnar

Falls of Dochart – 39 Steps?

halifaxpete

fkvO62

ElShalimo

Premier Iconhalifaxpete

fkvO62

???

CountZero

Not only have a number of quite well-known films been shot here, but a number of tv programmes as well.

welshfarmer

@matt_outandabout I was so intrigued by your picture above I felt the need to Google research it and came up with the Alan Walker video Faded as the one you must be referring too. The place in your picture appears twice, each time from a different angle. Your view last about half a second, blink and you miss it! Wiki would suggest the video was filmed in Estonia. You did well to recognize the place from the very brief exposure it gets on that youtube video.

Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘A bit of fun. Name the Iconic film from the location’ is closed to new replies.