Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • A bit of British for winter…..road stuff
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just finished this old LLoydy for winter (race blades ready to go on). All old stuff except the Mavic CD handbuilts. Off on the MTB for now, so I’ll give it a go Sunday.

It’s a Concept 90 with the queer seat stay.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloody lovely that.

😉

kilo

Very nice frame, brings back memories a mate had one of their tt frames back in the distant past. Do you know who actually made it?

tang
    Free Member

Very nice. Some bikes just look they will be a good ride.

Northwind

Lovely.

oldgit
    Free Member

Do you know who actually made it?

I don’t. IIRC the early Dave LLoyd frames were made by Argos. This is a later one, so possibly a Lloyd built one. It’s also a 653 so a bit tougher than the 753 version.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Like.

willv

He used build frames in a unit up the road from me in neston. Spayed a frame for me once. Nice bloke.

clunker

I like the wishbone rear end, very nice classic

ahwiles
    Free Member

WAAAY too nice to use in winter.

you wouldn’t use an old Austin as your ‘winter car’…

that’s now your ‘sunny summer best’ bike! 🙂

bratty

Nice… would love one of those even though i cannot see the advantage of the wishbone – it must be laterally floppier than 2 thin seatstays.

But all the same, save it for summer. Unless you have something even sweeter for then?

oldgit
    Free Member

New Propel for summer, the TCR will go from race bike to training bike. This is for long winter miles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Winter bike = Mudguards. FACT

Looks lovely, mind you!

hora
    Free Member

Noice

bratty

I’ve decided it is in fact a pig ugly thing as the seatstay should be 1-2 inches lower to match the top tube. but i would do you a favour and take it off your hands and could let you have an ocr to roll around on in the winter if you like

robdob
    Free Member

My Dave Lloyd MTB.

1991 Beez Kneez

Lovely bikes.

oldgit
    Free Member

The Concepts had that paint job as well, nice innit. And I prefer you’re style of decal, I might change mine.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Always fancied a Dave Lloyd road frame with the 650 c wheels many moons ago, but just couldn’t afford one sadly. Looks great that.

oldgit
    Free Member

Goes like a dream, beats the newer Ti bike it replaced in every department, even though the Ti was 10 speed and carbon’d up to the hilt.

And I don’t mean to sound like a soggy old hippy, but the steel does give the feeling of wafting along.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘A bit of British for winter…..road stuff’ is closed to new replies.