Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • A bit of an off day at Mabie – pics
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Well folks, a few of us had a great ride at Mabie today.

It was my first ride of the year, and I have to say it was a bit of an effort, but brilliant fun. Anyone who thinks Mabie is dull just hasn’t ridden the bits we rode today. A few comedy offs on the woody, gloopy, slidey downhill sections slaloming between the trees, and I have to say I did go right over the handlebars after the front wheel just stuck. Luckily no damage done, and as I was borrowing Mrs. Forge’s Dialled Alpine I also had the presence of mind to break its fall by having it land on me.

A few photos, me trying to be arty. Full set here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/sets/72157626131423395/with/5522993044/

IMG_0811 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_0817 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_0823 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_0833 by simon ralli, on Flickr

I think a few more photos and Trekster’s video may be coming later on this evening?

It’s good to be back and in the saddle tho!

forge197
    Free Member

Nice pictures there, no worries on the bike and thanks for putting it first when you fell, good ride today guys.

the_lecht_rocks

1st ride of tthe year ?

injured ?

simonralli2
    Free Member

No – I live in Brazil 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

Don’t they have hills in South America?

simonralli2
    Free Member

No – it is more a case of me looking for work and not being able to afford a bike which in Brazil is twice the price of the same bike in the UK due to the many taxes and stuff 🙂

I can assure you, once I get a job, I will be able to get a bike and then you can find out about this part of the world that is not often talked about in terms of ride locations. I have been scouting though for places, and yeah, there are lots of hills. Where I am hoping to work is meant to be one of the best.

davy-g
    Free Member

was a cracking day out thats for sure.. I am fair feckled now… 8)

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Sorry I missed it I had a few things on today. Maybe next time. How severe ae the diversions at mabie? No pics of secrets wood there is that closed off atm?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well even though there are diversions at Mabie, there is still one heck of a lot of off-piste riding to be done. The diversions at Mabie are a little bit severe, so unless you know the other bits it may not be worth a visit?

Not too sure about Ae – am probably riding there this coming weekend.

mandog

looking good.

rOcKeTdOg

going to swinley Simon?

simonralli2
    Free Member

I probably would if I was dahn saf but as I am oop north I will just keep on riding with the very wonderful Scottish chapter of STW. 🙂

We have our own ride in the making next weekend too, probably Ae!

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Don’t worry Simon I know mabie well enough just don’t know if the diversions mean getting round some bits would drop you out in closed off areas. Might be at ae next weekend aswell there are a couple of tracks there that are not on the regular red route! Not quite as many options though!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah cool.

I am not too sure how much to talk about plans as I want to ride Druisdeer with Trekster in 2 or 3 weeks time and was maybe thinking of inviting people along. I’ll also obviously be riding Kirrie too soon – so lots of opportunities to have some little group rides.

craig1975
    Free Member

great pics there… excellent day out on the bikes with good company.. and the weather was kind too 🙂

was good catching up with you today Simon… you had us worried a bit when you took that tumble 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah -it’s all cool cuz I have TIGERBLOOD! 😈

simonralli2
    Free Member

I bumped into Trekster in town today and as he has lost his camera cable, I have loaded up his photos on flickr.

Here is a slightly worried looking davy-g. Judging by his facebook, it seems he may have a few cracked ribs – so hope you’re well!

DSCN2235 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Complete set here:

IMG_0811

Includes a few more off-piste pics if people haven’t seen them but to be honest yesterday was so fun we didn’t really stop at the really good bits for pics.

My legs are aching like mad but luckily no damage done from my off which I had been a bit worried about. Drumlanrig here we come, Wednesday.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Thanks to Trekster, we now have Mabie – The Video!

[video]http://vimeo.com/21068315[/video]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘A bit of an off day at Mabie – pics’ is closed to new replies.