• This topic has 37 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Rich_s.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • A bike… on a wall
  • Rich_s

This summer I had a great time dragging my little girl’s 24″ bike round a pump track, so I thought I’d pull some bits together for a build of my own.

Probably so I can find a new way of hurting myself.

Anyway, I’m using the wall of my shed to gather the gubbins together and I’ve realised I’ve got an entire exploded bike hanging there!

Well, I think I have, anyway. Over to the nerds to see what’s missing.

View post on imgur.com

ta11pau1

Bottom bracket, valves and a rear QR skewer? Oh and maybe a bag of nipples, but they might be hiding somewhere…

Rich_s

BB is in the packet next to the chain.

Shit.

Shit.

:o)

csb

How will you steeer it?

Edit ignore

verses

Can’t see a rear skewer/axle

EDIT: Can’t type as fast as ta11pau1

Rich_s

Bar is upside down on top of the frame.

ta11pau1

Also if it’s truly going to be a dirt jump/pump track bike, some would say you have one too many brakes and far too many gears 😁

Rich_s

Sorted, qr and 2 valves added.

View post on imgur.com

I’m likely to end up breaking myself on this thing, so having 2 brakes is probably useful as it’ll mean I’m going slower when I do.

verses

What, no sealant? 🙂

ta11pau1

What, no sealant? 🙂

Surely that falls under ‘tools’ like a wheel building stand, spoke key etc etc? Although that’s tubeless tape up there on the bike bits wall… 🤣

That reminds me, need to order some more tesa tape for when I build my next frame up, the old tape was starting to come away.

Rich_s

Ooo, there’s 2 bits missing, plus associated fixing bits. Small prize for anyone who spots it. 😉

BearBack
    Free Member

Spokes

ta11pau1

Ooo, there’s 2 bits missing, plus associated fixing bits. Small prize for anyone who spots it. 😉

Brake adapters. Looks like an IS to post 180mm rear and 203mm post IS front. Or 160/180mm. 😁

Edit: IS on the fork mount too!

kimbers

Your she’d looks nicer than my house!

Good work on the exploded bike

kayak23

Air, for the tyres.

Rich_s

Spokes are near the seatpost. Nipples are on the top rack in a bag.

Yes, it was the IS PM adapters. And bolts. I am currently wondering about buying a pair of tubes as well…

Well done Ta11pau1. Here’s a free smiley

😍

hardtailonly

Stem?

ta11pau1

Yes, it was the IS PM adapters. And bolts. I am currently wondering about buying a pair of tubes as well…

Well done Ta11pau1. Here’s a free smiley

😍

Haha, cheers! I’m in bike building mode at the moment (well, building the list of parts I need to build my next bike…), It’s amazing just how many other little bits you need to finish off a bike. Brake adapters, matchmaker clamps, heatshrink for the cables, tubeless tape…

Tbh on a pump track bike you’ll be running high pressure anyway so I’d just run tubes, you’re unlikely to pinch flat or get a puncture from a sharp rock.

sharkattack

This could be the start of a fun game. Someone should do this with every new build thread.

funkmasterp

Rotors and seat clamp?

DickBarton

Can’t see hubs but I’m on a phone that isn’t allowing me to zoom in…

Edit – found the hubs!

Rich_s

Seat clamp is by the forks (top).
    Rotors are above the seatpost.

Actually, I’ve missed the tie wraps for the cables.

And I’ll find some tubes following the advice.

I was wondering about doing a time lapse of building it… 😀

Rich_s

Stem is on top. It’s got an orange face plate which is vexing me as everything else is black and white apart from that and the grip collars.

colp

A hard spring for that Pike U-Turn.
    Bet it’s got a soft or medium now and it’ll dive like a mofo.

dyna-ti

Headset ?

Rich_s

It’s an air pike, so I’ll just blow it up a bit. Besides Col, do you ever remember my wheels actually leaving the floor? 🤪

Headset is on the extreme right in ickle box. Might need an extra spacer though! 😀

honourablegeorge

Rich_s

Stem is on top. It’s got an orange face plate which is vexing me

I solved that same issue with a can of matt black.

fazzini

Basket, tassels and spokie-dokies

funkmasterp

Can you remove a couple of things from the wall and post again? A good old game of spot the difference!

tonyd

Bell

survivor

I can see exactly what your missing but I’m not telling. It’s build critical as well..

Oh boy are you gonna kick yourself come build day!

mulacs

Gear cable inner?

Houns

2 more chainrings and a front mech

Rich_s

I’m hoping that the shifter box has the cable in it…

I can see exactly what your missing but I’m not telling. It’s build critical as well..

🤪😀

Can you remove a couple of things from the wall and post again? A good old game of spot the difference!

Oh God no. It’s taken months to get to this point. If I take something away, I’ll forget what it was.

Bell

Not the first time I’ve been called that and I’m sure it won’t be the last 👍

blackhat
    Free Member

Are you actually James May?

twonks

Now to space them out a bit, draw around them peg board style and use it for the next bike build as an initiative to only acquire bits you need.

jimmy748

Reflectors and a Bell.

Rich_s

Well, that took a while to sort out. Just need to set it up and I’ll be able to hurt myself in new and creative ways…

View post on imgur.com

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.