• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by TimP.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • A beautiful moment in the paralympics tonight.
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nMtSJDrGc&sns=tw[/video]

edit: whoops, wrong forum.

lemonysam
    Free Member

In a more sporting context[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riR_SyhvB6s[/video]

crikey
    Free Member

Beautiful shot, and Osborne learning a little lesson in life…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptJon
    Free Member

Osborne’s smiling reaction sums him up.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

21 seconds in, the exact moment his heart breaks

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The first video cracked me up.

The table tennis clip is brilliant though, proper commitment.

CaptJon
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    21 seconds in, the exact moment his heart breaks

He has one?

fizzicist
    Free Member

Hmmmm, Paralympics you say? Someone to present a medal you say?

I know! What about the guy who just cut the shit out of disability benefits? What could Possibly go wrong there?!

Wonder if Scameron will get the message?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And in contrast Gordon Brown is cheered at the Paralympics.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnO1dLeQ_YA[/video]

maccruiskeen

He has such a lovely smile though

ohnohesback
    Free Member

What a shame that one of the paralympians didn’t take the opportunity to give GO some practical experience in coping with a lifetime of permanent disabilty. How dare that little turd try to ride the success of people he’s not fit to lick the boots of!

loum
    Free Member

Wonder if Cameron will get the message?

He’s kept him in place,
    – kind of like a human shield.
    It would be too difficult to combine being the PM and the most disliked man in the country.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

This reshuffle brought to mind Ben Elton’s description of one of Thatcher’s reshuffles; “Moving suits full of b*gg*r-all in a wardrobe”.

TimP
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df67gHjSNnE[/video]

I am still amazed by this bit of running. It almost looks like some kind of staged Hollywood thing as no-one should be able to come from that far back and win by that much in a WR time.

Incredible…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tim, agreed. stirring stuff, that!
    We were in the Velodrome when Sarah Storey took gold on a WR time, the noise and the emotion just cannot be explained. The hairs on the back of my neck are prickling just thinking about it.

molgrips
    Free Member

TimP I’d think it’s because of his particular disability he can’t run the bend very well, but seems to have been able to smash the straight 🙂 It’s incredible to watch whatever the reason 🙂

TimP
    Free Member

Indeed his lack of knees make him look particularly awkward on the bend but you can spot the point when it straightens and he sets off. My wife even helpfully pointed out he must have amazing buttocks to be able to do it.

He is also holds a world record marathon time of sub 3hrs. Not sure I could beat him over 200m and very sure I couldn’t ever run a sub 3hr marathon!

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Goosebumps everytime I see the replay of that last 100m.

Coyote
    Free Member

That is truly incredible. Absolutely unbelievable.

CountZero

TimP I’d think it’s because of his particular disability he can’t run the bend very well, but seems to have been able to smash the straight It’s incredible to watch whatever the reason

It’s not his disability, it’s the limitations of his blades when running the bends at speed. He’s apparently broken five trying to run the bends at full speed. If you watch him on the bend, he’s almost reticent, seeming to practically tiptoe, until he hits the straight, when he practically huffs on a can of NOX and takes off like a bloody missile!
    I watched his run, and I thought he was having problems with his blades, then he hit that final straight, and I just couldn’t believe my eyes, astonishing acceleration.

wallop

It’s no 2 hamsters 1 wheel though, eh?

MoreCashThanDash

Tim – we were in the stadium for Richard Whitehead’s win…..voice recovered by Monday morning!

Nearly cried at the reaction to the runner from Djibouti who finished last by 7 minutes in the 1500m, and was roared home all the way by the crowd. Beautiful to watch and be part of.

TimP
    Free Member

Lucky git (you that is)!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘A beautiful moment in the paralympics tonight.’ is closed to new replies.