Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,366 total)
  • A 2015/16 Football Thread
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Madness I know but I just think Leicester will lose the last 3 games and Spurs will win the last 3.

I have been enjoying these predictions from the supposed pundits all season, no reason why you can’t share in the absurdity of it as well 😛

Carry on

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Scandal, all the best fella, enjoy the party!.

ads678

Rockape63 – Member
    This might seem harsh but Spurs have played all season with no pressure only becoming serious contenders in the last few weeks. Whereas LFC have had the spotlight on them all season…..defo not easy for a club completely unused to it. So Basically Spurs completely bottled it.

Are you talking about Liverpool (LFC) or Leicester City (LCFC)?

Pedantic I know but as a Leicester lad it annoys me that the ‘City’ bit gets dropped all the time. It seems we’re only allowed one citeh!!

tpbiker
    Free Member

As a life long spurs fan I think its quite ironic that in the first season I can ever remember us having a real chance of winning, we get pipped by bloody leicester,

That said, good on them, much rather lose it to them than the usual crowd.

If we can keep hold of the players we have (doubtful) then we’ll have a real chance next season.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As a life long spurs fan I think its quite ironic that in the first season I can ever remember us having a real chance of winning, we get pipped by bloody leicester,

Just imagine how the Gooners feel then, beaten by both Leicester and worst of all Spurs – hence all the abuse towards Wenger

Rockape63
    Free Member

Binners … calling spurs spuds I would have thought beneath you

Its a lot better than what they used to get called! 😮

Are you talking about Liverpool (LFC) or Leicester City (LCFC)?

apologies…it looked wrong when I wrote it! 😕

Just imagine how the Gooners feel then, beaten by both Leicester and worst of all Spurs – hence all the abuse towards Wenger

We don’t mind being beaten by LCFC, and I’m still hoping for a miracle of the Spuds losing their last few games and Arsenal winning them all to sneak past them!

😯 Okay, Ive been on the wacky Baccy! Frankly us Gooners wouldn’t mind (too much) finishing 5th now, as its the only way we might get the change we need.

If we can keep hold of the players we have (doubtful) then we’ll have a real chance next season.

Do you think TP that Spurs have been flying under the radar this season playing catch up and that now they know they are a decent side and others see that too….things might be a bit different from now on?

PrinceJohn

I think spurs are more likely to hold on to their stars than Leicester.

Arsenal fans who would you rather have than Wenger?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think spurs are more likely to hold on to their stars than Leicester.

Whilst I think thats true I hope Leicester can keep their best players, they have CL football next season (unlike some of the big clubs 😉 ) and extra money to invest in players and perhaps some loyalty bonuses ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

UNfortunately for Leicester next season normal business will probably resume

Fighting on more than one front, in europe for the first time, pressure of being champions and everyone upping their game will cost Leicester dear.

Its been a dream season for them but it really wont get any better than this for the fans.

Absolutely enjoy it , you deserve it but ….Blackburn Rovers 😉

I think they will lose one of Mahrez or Kante

scandal42
    Free Member

Seeing my team in Europe (in person) has always been my dream ever since I wasn’t old enough last time.

Anything else next season is a bonus.

Klunk
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Seeing my team in Europe (in person) has always been my dream ever since I wasn’t old enough last time.

Memories of Newcastle beating Barcelona among others at St James Park, then countless uefa cup nights under Sir Bobby were ones to remember. Cherish them

dragon
    Free Member

Spurs have been flying under the radar this season playing catch up and that now they know they are a decent side and others see that too….things might be a bit different from now on?

I don’t think for the other PL teams Spurs were flying under the radar (fans maybe), they’ve been a decent side for a good while now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sat up till 2am watching the torture flick that is NUFC….
    If only they could play the 2nd half first we would probably do a lot better. A tiny little bit of me saw the penalty and thought that maybe Cabaye’s heart wasn’t 100% in it but what a save from the 3rd choice keeper 🙂

At this point I’m cheering on Watford and Everton, fight for your lives to make it to 10th 🙂 Not sure I can take another winner takes all final day of the season

PrinceJohn

The villa fixture is key to Newcastle win that and you’ll stay up.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member
    theotherjonv

Huth’s hardly the innocent party in that clip. Pulling his hair like a schoolgirl.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The elbow was cocked and ready to go beforehand. The slap was the retort to the hair pull.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cmon Foxes nick a winner is last 5m

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

would have said 1-1 was a fair result till the late penalty that was not given

TBH, we were never going to get fourth an this match was never going to decide Leicester’s title ambitions. I am setting the bar low and just enjoying see Man U play in a good game that could have gone either way till the 90 th minute

Fellani clearly has form with his elbow but Huth was given as good as he ot there The Ugly side of football from both players

binners

Ironic that the defending champions are going to be the ones to decide the winners really. It’s going to be an interesting game tomorrow.

1 – 1 was a fair result. United won’t get top four because they don’t deserve top four. It’s a sign of how poor everyone else, bar Spurs and Leicester, have been that we were in with a shout at this point. The football has been woeful all season!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Woeful? Not if you’re a Leicester fan.

dragon
    Free Member

I’m no fan of Fallani but he should have made sure he got a proper connection there and knocked him out. Huth is a persistent cheat and pulling hair is pathetic behaviour. Leicesters behaviour over the last few weeks is really starting to take the gloss off any win.

binners

To confirm the point about nobody else being particularly good, City are getting battered by Southampton here!

Pigface
    Free Member

Swansea humped Liverpool 😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

A possible good weekend for Arsenal. There is no science behind it but I’ve always felt how you do at Anfield and Old Trafford is a good gauge of the champions elect . Leicester did pretty good but could have gone either way. Hope Chelski take points off Sp*ds tomorrow

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Swansea humped Liverpool

Any faint glimmers of fourth disappeared a few weeks ago. Klopp’s sole focus now is on the Europa, not for the prestige but for the champions league place it brings. I expect he sees Thursday night’s game as the most important of the season so far. It is eminently winnable. If they do, then it’s a cup final worth £30m+ (and that’s just for playing the group stages).

He’s had to put all his eggs in one basket. Any higher position in the league is worthless so that basket has to be the Europa.

This is all football though Piggie and I realise you don’t really understand a lot about it. So, if you have any more questions, we’re a friendly bunch on this thread, ask away.

binners

On the plus side for Klopp, he must be watching the 50 million man Raheem Sterlings performance today, and laughing his tits off!

Pigface
    Free Member

Your right pretty clueless but I like Swansea 😆 been an odd season with all sorts of shenanigans going on behind the scenes.

MSP

Stirling was truly woeful today, along with Bony I found it hard to believe either had ever played football before in their lives. But ultimately today was a day that demonstrated why Pellegrini is being replaced, he may be a gent, but he is also too often tactically lacking.

dragon
    Free Member

Surely no one is surprised that Stirling is rubbish he is the new Aron Lennon or Theo Walcott, fast but no end product. Looses the ball easily, doesn’t track back, he’s very average, true price should probably have been about £12M and playing in a team around 8th.

scandal42
    Free Member

‘m no fan of Fallani but he should have made sure he got a proper connection there and knocked him out. Huth is a persistent cheat and pulling hair is pathetic behaviour. Leicesters behaviour over the last few weeks is really starting to take the gloss off any win.

Utter toss of the highest order.

We have been penalised for offenses that people have been getting away with all season.

Everyone else is whiter than white, naive toss.

matt_bl
    Free Member

Enough of your ‘top of the premiership’ first world problems!

Now that Derby and Birmingham have done the business, it’s time for the main event.

Come on Burnley!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Everyone else is whiter than white, naive toss

Yes it better to say We have been penalised for offenses that people have been getting away with all season instead 😕

I dont think Leicester are a dirty team or Man u but fellani is a flailing elbow fool whilst that one was intentional in general he is such a clumsy battering ram i cannot tell how much is physical play and how much is malice.

scandal42
    Free Member

I may of had a few beverages yesterday so my post may have been slightly more emotive than would be usual.

I still think we are being picked up on things that referees have not enforced all season.

the total lack of consistency and timing is rather strange

Junkyard
    Free Member

😀 Fair point sir, I salute you.

I think we all feel like that in general as its been a poor season for referring

your west ham match being the nadir of that – though i do think he dived.

Just wait till you are dominating and they will tweet pics of the ref in your shirt 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the total lack of consistency and timing is rather strange

To quote an oft mentioned cliche, the only consistent thing about football refereeing is the lack of consistency.

We have to accept, as fans, that while the technology exists to help officials make (or indeed reverse) decisions, and FIFA, UEFA, EPL, etc refuse to use it, then we will see “our” teams be the victim of, at times, shocking mistakes from referees (and their assistants).

With players playing the pantomime villains, diving, simulating injury, winning dubious penalties, blah blah blah, it’s what we have to live with. We shake one fist angrily at it while we pump ( 😀 ) the other.

I can understand fans of “smaller” teams whinging that they don’t get the decisions, especially against the “big” sides, but FFS, you’re about to win the league, stop moaning. 😀

Out of interest, apart from stats on penalties, has anybody ever bothered to drill down through a season’s decisions to work out if indeed the big teams get it mostly their own way or is it just perception?

Rockape63
    Free Member

I think the score tonight will be 1-1 which is still not quite enough for LCFC to celebrate, but then I’m sure they would enjoy it much more if the win their next game to secure the prem. I find myself (strangely) hoping for a Chelski win on the basis that it’s still poss for AFC to go past Spurs, which would be a priceless moment for us Gooners, at the end of such a frustrating season.

(Unlikely, but priceless! )

martinhutch

I think the score tonight will be 1-1 which is still not quite enough for LCFC to celebrate

A draw would be plenty enough to kick start the celebration. Spurs need to win all three remaining games and hope Leicester get a draw and a loss or two losses.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,366 total)

The topic ‘A 2015/16 Football Thread’ is closed to new replies.