Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 9pm films
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Being old school and tight, I enjoy scheduled films on Freeview, but really good ones are rare. If anyone else is of a similar mindset or has helpful input, perhaps they can put it here.

Tonight there is “American Made” which looks like an anathema for anyone who doesn’t like much of Tom Cruise (inc me), is it a Collateral or more like his worst?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

An enjoyable bit of hokum. Not great film, not a bad one either.

Some great #AVGeek action, and comedy money laundering shenanigans.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks flashie I might try Pitch Black again

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

Born on the Fourth of July , probably one of Tom’s best, is on Sky Atlantic.
    You probably don’t have Sky Atlantic, so the Sony Movies free thing has Pitch Black, which is Vin Diesel’s only good film.

DezB
    Free Member

You anticipated me

cynic-al
    Free Member

Whoah, no Collateral?

DezB
    Free Member

Not seen it, is Vin in that then?

eyestwice
    Free Member

I personally enjoyed American Made.

But then I also watched and enjoyed Top Gun last week. Again.

kcr
    Free Member

I’ve found that All 4 has been running a pretty interesting selection of films on catch up. They only have a handful compared to Netflix, and they don’t stay around so long, but the Netflix selection is so poor that recently I have actually found myself watching more films on All 4 than I do on Netflix. I reckon I could actually live with iPlayer and All 4 for films if I ditched Netflix.

cynic-al
    Free Member

@DezB it’s a rare Cruise film that I enjoyed.

Cheers @kcr, I had not thought of that…are they from Film4?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Netflix are showing a decent Canadian (French) film atm called The Decline.

About a bunch of preppers at a survival school in a huge forest NW of Montreal.

A few jumps!

zilog6128

Really enjoyed American Made, not a “great” but worth a watch. (Very) loosely based on a real chap who must’ve had a pretty interesting life (who also popped up in Narcos).

frogstomp

Also enjoyed American Made and thought it was a cut above Cruise’s usual fare.

For something a bit different check out the selection on Mubi (free 7 day trial).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bring back the Channel 5 11pm film!

derek_starship
    Free Member

Bring back the C4 films with the red triangle top right-hand corner of screen!

kcr
    Free Member

Yes, Film 4 stuff. Decent mix of art house, mainstream and interesting foreign films. I usually see 2 or 3 things coming up every week that I would be interested in watching, which is a better hit rate than Netflix.
    I’m also investigating Curzon Home Cinema, which seems to have some good recent films that are not available elsewhere. Not free, but they are doing an introductory free film offer at the moment.

Drac

American Made is great entertainment and the fact it’s based on a true story makes it more interesting.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just watched American Made, was actually quite good.

136stu
    Free Member

Some decent stuff but also quite a bit on a fairly frequent loop. You can expect to see Taken, RED, Die Hard and Mission Impossible about fortnightly.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘9pm films’ is closed to new replies.