Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 9mm to 15mm QR
  • gizzardman
    Free Member

I’m waiting on a pair of FOX Float 15mm forks to arrive and wondered if anyone on here has any experience moving from a std. 9mm qr to the new 15mm. I know there’s been a lot of debate on various forums about this but wondered if there really is a noticeable difference in strength etc???

Thanks folks.

matt_outandabout

Reba29er -> F120 QR15’s – amazing difference, sooo much stiffer and more directional steering.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Thats one positive then!

coatesy
    Free Member

I’ve swapped from Talas 32/ Hope XC to Vanilla QR15/Pro2 and have noticed a fair difference for the better over rutted and rooty sections. I’d definitely recommend them.(BTW, i’m not prone to falling for hype etc.)

HendyTreker
    Free Member

Just went from 06 Reba to 09 Float RLC’S – Well worth it, so much stiffer and tracks so much better – recommended!

gizzardman
    Free Member

Hendy, How you finding the RLC’s? I’ll be moving from RS Revs. Never run a Fox fork before so i’m interested to see whether they’re as smooth as what’s been reported.

HendyTreker
    Free Member

Really smooth, but I’ll be looking to change them to Talas soon, as I like to be able to drop the travel for steep ascents. Well worth it if you can live with the fixed travel though, but do go for the RLC, as it has the blowoff valve option if you forget to release the fork travel. Works similar to DT Swiss launch control.

Dogsby

Do you need to change the hub if you move to 15mm?

Apologies if this is a bone question

Dogsby

kamina
    Free Member

That would depend on your hubs. Hope Pro 2/3 can be converted to 15mm. DT Swiss has a conversion for most of their hubs (at least 240 / 440), and Chris King is working on a conversion. Most Mavic (xc) wheels come with conversion bits in 2009, and older ones can also be converted.

nickegg
    Free Member

Converted my Vanilla R to 15QR lowers and the difference is huge.

So much more precise over off camber roots etc. Just the right level of stiffness.

Used to run a pair of maxle pikes and found them too stiff (and heavy).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘9mm to 15mm QR’ is closed to new replies.