Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 999, whats your emergency, back on tv Monday night
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/programme-information/999-whats-your-emergency-s2

So more green uniforms than Robin Hoods Sherwood Forest,more blue lights than Blackpool iluminations.

The usual nice freindly drunk,

The lonely old dear or man, who has fallen over,

other drivers pulling over to let an ambulance through,

and a fully funded NHS,where all patients/service users make a great recovery.

I think not, but hopefully it will show the truth about what paramedics /nursing staff have to put up with every day.

restless
    Free Member

Looking forward to it, they filmed in the ambulance control room where I work, so get to see it from both sides.

Will be good to see what calls were matched up with the patients.

project
    Free Member

just a reminder,starts soon.

Houns

Similar job as restless, don’t know whether I want to watch or not

meehaja
    Free Member

Its the fact that people are still shocked by this which warms my heart… I think its a bit tame and they leave the bad stuff out!

fatalbert
    Free Member

Let me know if anyone falls awkwardly on a toilet duck bottle, as that might make me flick over from Men of Honour over on the Sony Channel.

Houns

I’m all for drunk tanks!

binners

It’s a quite scary statistic that 30% of the trauma injuries in London are stabbings 😯

project
    Free Member

very well edited and nice to see what happened to patients,loved the 2 young lady paramedics, very profesional and funny.

bearnecessities

First time I’ve watched this tonight; so sad 🙁

Drac

Best job in the world. I love it but it’s getting ridiculously busy these days, still 24years down only another 28 to go.

bearnecessities

Are you watching this episode? Not sure how you can describe these situations as best of anything.

restless
    Free Member

So often, when you get a psychiatric/mental health call ,all they need is someone to talk to.

I sometimes prefer it when the ambulance takes a long time to arrive, then at least I get the time to listen to the caller and give them that bit of time, as when they get to hospital, they so often just get sent back home again, as seen in tonight’s programme.

Drac

Nope I’m not but I do the job there’s some smooth but some very very rough moments.

bearnecessities

I know you do; just stunned by what I’m watching at the moment…and humbled, and sad 🙁

Drac

That’s what the programme is good for showing the public just what we do deal with, it’s one of the better shows. There’s still a little play up for the cameras but it’s still a good show.

bearnecessities

Just seeing those guys with the mental health issues – so desperate, taking so much time from the emergency services, but in need of help and apparently not getting it.

Don’t know the answer and I’m not easily fooled, but that seemed so genuinely sad.

Drac

It’s a terrible illness and something we’re possibly no trained very well in dealing with patients suffering, mental health services are very difficult to get access to out of hours. There’s a slow progression to make it easier but it’s slow and select.

Drac

Watching it on +1

Terrible shame when people are in so ill as that.

Houns

Agreed with Mental health services

Had a chap with agoraphobia and numerous other mental health issues told by his CPN to attend hospital. Poor chap was desperate for help

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘999, whats your emergency, back on tv Monday night’ is closed to new replies.