Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • 900 Lumen Joystick ;)
  • toons
    Free Member

Alright it’s not an exposure joystick and it’s probably not 900 lumens.

But it only cost a 1/3 of the price 🙂

Can't wait to try it out tonight.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

How did you adapt it to fit, I have a joystick mount and the same torch but they don't fit. Tried various methods of adapting it without success.

Oh and its bright as hell on the trail, expecially with a HID lamp on the bars!

Olly
    Free Member

nice.
    looking at getting one of those myself,
    literally browsing the web this afternoon, and lots of posts have come up RE DX lights.

let us/me know how it goes!
    are you using it on its ownsome toons? or with a bar light too?

singletracksurfer

which one is that?

I've got a couple of Fenix L2D's, but they don't do much with my DX Bastid on the bars.

toons
    Free Member

Fits perfectly in the joystick mount?

it's this one

I've got an L\M Arc HID on the bars

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Just ordered one, I'll see how it goes, thanks

JohnnyPanic

How long did it take to come?

toons
    Free Member

Ordered on the 14/10 delivered 25/10.

BTW I paid for the EMS (faster?)delivery.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

I have 2 of these. One on the bars and one on the helmet.

Run times work out better if you keep it on the medium setting unless you are hammering down hill when full power works well.

Ideal for 2 hour rides in the evenings.

DaveJones2478
    Free Member

Did you have to pay for the VAT and import duties?

singletracksurfer

does the lockfish mount work with this?

smartiekid
    Free Member

Where can I get the mount from for the light? 🙄

DrP

See this thread for my post about halfway down…. need a lathe though!

DrP

CountZero

I've got the SSC Aurora, which has the same P7 emitter. I mount mine with a piece of foam road grip on the torch and a couple of Velcro straps, double sided, which go around the torch then through the lid vents then back over the torch. Absolutely rock solid, and hitting an overhanging branch will rip your head off before the torch comes off. Fantastic torch, think of it as a Toro or Diablo, rather than a JoyStick; same 700 lumen output.

toons
    Free Member

The light was bloody amazing; I can’t believe how good it is.

Run time on High was about 80-90 minutes, after that it dropped to the medium setting and was still going strong after 120mintues.

No import duties.

Mount was from Evans.

My mate has one mounted on the bars; I find out what he his uses.

I’d highly recommend one of these lights and the exposure mount (which is also quality).

DaddyPig
    Free Member

Toons

Was that run time just on one standard AA battery?

Looks good that!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

DaddyPig, they dont use AA's they use 18650 batteries
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20392

You can buy torch, mount, batteries, charger and adaptor for plug for less than £40.

toons
    Free Member

What dimmadam said.

I'd buy two batteries and run on full.

tinsy
    Free Member

Did that mount work? or did it do what it looks like it would, and sound like a woodpecker on your head the whole ride?

What is it with worrying about proper mounts for helmet use anyhow, I had 2 lightsets that came with helmet mounts and I always dithced them in favour of a velcro strap and a litle duct tape. my DX torch is very happy mounted this way.

smartiekid
    Free Member

The Joystick mount is as expensive as the Torch!! So I've been wise and ordered 2 torches instead from DX.

I've gone for the foam pipe lagging and a bit of velcro option as suggested above.

Should have the full lighthouse effect with 2 900 lumen lights onboard! 😆

toons
    Free Member

lol the mount worked a treat, torch didn't move a mm.

DaddyPig
    Free Member

sweet. thanks chaps

toons
    Free Member
    Optifaff
    Free Member

Are you using a specific charger from DX too? You mentioned buying a charger and adaptor too as part of the £40 cost!

I think exposure do a joystick bar mount too…same design as the helmet mount, so all in it's perhaps worth going for 2x instead of the Bastlid maybe?

nobster
    Free Member

Go onto flea bay and type in P7, I got a similar torch off there about three weeks ago. It has the CREE P7 LED in it and was from an English supplier so was delivered within 2 days. Cost £60 including two batteries and a charger…
    It's brighter than my Hope HID and with two batteries runs for longer.

Word of warning – don't order a multifunction one as my mate has a couple and on rocky decents they keep switching onto strobe mode which is a nightmare!

Quick and easy mount option – get one of those thick elastic bands that they "give out" at the local swimming baths and simly loop it roudn the torch and through your helmet – perfect fitting and flexible enough if you fall off and give it a crack.

Ewan
    Free Member

I had the multi function mode change problem. Resolve by:

– Remove the rear section with the button.
    – Get a piece of welding rod bend into a tweezer shape and insert in the two holes to unscrew the brass cover on the inside of the tail cap (doubtless other pointy things will work)
    – A spring will be revealed, stretch this out a bit and reassemble – there will now be more 'umph' holding the battery in place.
    – If you still get the problem get some small rare earth magnets from DX (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4248) and use these to make the battery a bit longer.
    – Whilst waiting for DX to deliver, get a 5p piece and gaffer tape to the positive terminal of the battery. This will also make the battery longer but looks a bit ghetto. The battery will still fit in the charger fine.

Problem solved. But a bit ghetto.

40mpg

Been running one of those for a year now, superb! I use an old joystick mount too, with the middle bit of a HT2 bottom bracket slid up the torch body to space it to suit the mount.

Just had anotherc 3 arrive today for mates, plus a dx specific bike light 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘900 Lumen Joystick ;)’ is closed to new replies.