900 Lumen Joystick ;)
I've got the SSC Aurora, which has the same P7 emitter. I mount mine with a piece of foam road grip on the torch and a couple of Velcro straps, double sided, which go around the torch then through the lid vents then back over the torch. Absolutely rock solid, and hitting an overhanging branch will rip your head off before the torch comes off. Fantastic torch, think of it as a Toro or Diablo, rather than a JoyStick; same 700 lumen output.Posted 8 years ago
The light was bloody amazing; I can’t believe how good it is.
Run time on High was about 80-90 minutes, after that it dropped to the medium setting and was still going strong after 120mintues.
No import duties.
Mount was from Evans.
My mate has one mounted on the bars; I find out what he his uses.
I’d highly recommend one of these lights and the exposure mount (which is also quality).Posted 8 years agotinsyMember
Did that mount work? or did it do what it looks like it would, and sound like a woodpecker on your head the whole ride?
What is it with worrying about proper mounts for helmet use anyhow, I had 2 lightsets that came with helmet mounts and I always dithced them in favour of a velcro strap and a litle duct tape. my DX torch is very happy mounted this way.Posted 8 years agoOptifaffMember
Are you using a specific charger from DX too? You mentioned buying a charger and adaptor too as part of the £40 cost!
I think exposure do a joystick bar mount too…same design as the helmet mount, so all in it's perhaps worth going for 2x instead of the Bastlid maybe?Posted 8 years agonobsterSubscriber
Go onto flea bay and type in P7, I got a similar torch off there about three weeks ago. It has the CREE P7 LED in it and was from an English supplier so was delivered within 2 days. Cost £60 including two batteries and a charger…
It's brighter than my Hope HID and with two batteries runs for longer.
Word of warning – don't order a multifunction one as my mate has a couple and on rocky decents they keep switching onto strobe mode which is a nightmare!
Quick and easy mount option – get one of those thick elastic bands that they "give out" at the local swimming baths and simly loop it roudn the torch and through your helmet – perfect fitting and flexible enough if you fall off and give it a crack.Posted 8 years agoEwanMember
I had the multi function mode change problem. Resolve by:
– Remove the rear section with the button.
– Get a piece of welding rod bend into a tweezer shape and insert in the two holes to unscrew the brass cover on the inside of the tail cap (doubtless other pointy things will work)
– A spring will be revealed, stretch this out a bit and reassemble – there will now be more 'umph' holding the battery in place.
– If you still get the problem get some small rare earth magnets from DX (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4248) and use these to make the battery a bit longer.
– Whilst waiting for DX to deliver, get a 5p piece and gaffer tape to the positive terminal of the battery. This will also make the battery longer but looks a bit ghetto. The battery will still fit in the charger fine.
Problem solved. But a bit ghetto.Posted 8 years ago
Order this lot
or http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12000 (i use this on the stem for a bar mount option and one on the helmet)
Hope this helpsPosted 8 years ago
The topic ‘900 Lumen Joystick ;)’ is closed to new replies.