Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • £90 pedros chain tool
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Blimey inflation has even hit bike tools 😉

£90 RRP for a chain tool?

pitduck
    Free Member

madness 🙁

raisinhat
    Free Member

It’s for bike shops so they can break any chain from a singlespeed to an 11 speed with minimum fuss and maximum ease, and do it time and time again for years. Obviously it’s not for a home mechanic who might need it once or twice a year.

simondbarnes

It’s cheap compared to a rohloff or campag chaintool.

njee20
    Free Member

£125 for the Shimano one. Professional tools are expensive. We had 2 of the Shimano ones, they were nice.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeah I know its pro but even so?

trickydisco
    Free Member

£125 for the Shimano one. Professional tools are expensive. We had 2 of the Shimano ones, they were nice.

jsut did a search for that and came up with

http://www.langtoninfo.co.uk/showitem.aspx?isbn=0689228755635&loc=GBP

£201!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Mental!

Slogo
    Free Member

If I was a professional bike mechanic I would spend that kind of money on a tool that’s going to last.

I’ve spent thousands on tools. They will last forever hopefully, unless I drop it in the water or those damn airport handlers steal them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

NMice tools are just that, nice!

Over the 10 or so years I was riding bikes with square taper BB’s I must have destroyed 5 crank pullers, so I can see the advantage of buying one nice tool that lasts rather than something plasticy that lasts four or five times.

Worst offender for this has to be the shimano HT2 end caps and the easily lost plastic tool, what’s wrong with an allen key like a stem top cap!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have just lost mine – did you nick it spoony? 😉

wl
    Free Member

Not madness to make it – plenty of idiots who’ll buy anything so long as it fits the right niche.

twohats
    Free Member

We’ve got that Pedros tool at work and its a joy to use, plus its already paid for itself with the amount of chains its fitted.
    Those Shimano tools are very meh compared to the Pedros ones, the pins are very fragile and break very easily, definitely not worth £200…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘£90 pedros chain tool’ is closed to new replies.