Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 422 total)
  • 90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st
  • scotroutes

Did a 5km walk with the Missus, mostly scouting out a swimming option for tomorrow given that the lochs are now frozen over more than my ice axe can break.

sandboy

Really mixed bag this week, a few decent rides outside and have done a few GCN training sessions on the spin bike due to the icy conditions. I’ve also done some weight training with the boy and have had a look at some cycling specific stretching videos on YouTube. I was a little apprehensive of taking on this challenge as I thought after doing the pre Christmas one fatigue would become an issue but I’m finding the complete opposite. Getting faster, feeling stronger and my motivation is high. Just hoping for some better weather.

dannybgoode

Just joined the Strava group. Is there a reason only 5 of my activities are showing? There’s a lot more than that logged for this year on my Strava feed 🙂

scotroutes

I think it only shows runs and rides.

mogrim

Bit of a disaster on today’s ride: about half way round my mate got a puncture, and while he was sorting it out I decided to have an energy bar thing. It’s not the first time I’ve had this particular brand, but for whatever reason it completely turned my stomach and wiped me out for the rest of the ride. On getting home I couldn’t face lunch and spent most of the afternoon feeling sorry for myself on the sofa 🙁

Still, seem to have gotten over it now, and here’s a photo from earlier on when I was still smiling:

NASA Robledo de Chavela

dannybgoode

I’d better get some more runs and rides in then :).

TiRed

Another 5 mile walk yesterday. Back on the rowing for 30 minutes. Chest still sore though. I’ll look for the Strava group now. Some turbo or rollers next week I think is needed.

scotroutes

I’d been eyeing up a swimming spot in the River Feshie for a little while, which is particularly required at the moment as the lochs are now covered in thick ice. We had a dip today and it was pretty much awesome. We’ll be back!

Excuse the soundtrack. It’s only when playing it back that I realise how much noise I make 🙂

Dickyboy

Not going out running on dark icy pavements this evening, hopefully will be melting by tomorrow 🤞

reluctantjumper

Nearly cracked this evening and didn’t do anything but managed to drag myself into Zwift for a training session. Thankfully it was a relatively easy session so that helped motivate me!

Still yet to miss a day, only a few more to make the first month.

dannybgoode

70 minute turbo session and after yesterday’s run I felt it a bit. Will have an easy day tomorrow, gentle dog walk or something and maybe a spot of Ring Fit led yoga.

Then back to a run and a turbo session Weds/Thurs.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Not quite down to “30 mins Corpse Pose” yet but feeling bleh, went for a walk so ✔️

stripeysocks
    Free Member

6.6 mi today with a running buddy, now wedged next to the radiator warming up again – but pleased as the distance is edging up (if not the speed!). I’m not a natural “group” person but I do very much miss seeing real people and having conversations without a microphone, so even having that with one person is a bit of a treat.

scotroutes

10km run down through the back of the village and into Inverdruie today. I had to dodge a few icy patches (well – hard, trodden snow I guess) and made it back just before it started snowing again.

Happy #coosday

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Love the picture scotroutes!
    I went for a proper cycle today AND washed the bike after, it was that mild. Not, you know, sunny or anything of course, but also, quiet enough so that when I found myself on the main Oxford-Reading road for a mile it was OK rather than “turn round & go back” time.

dannybgoode

So much for an easy day yesterday. My Garmin calendar had a turbo session in for yesterday and today as well as Monday so stuck to the plan I’ve been set.

Mrs D working tomorrow though so not going to be able to do much other than take the boy for an amble in the woods. Probably for the best to have an easy one.

Friday – not sure yet. Maybe a run, maybe a Ring Fit session. Saturday is another turbo session and if I don’t run Friday I’ll run Sunday and that will just about mean a full month of sticking with it. I’ll be rather pleased if I manage it 🙂

sandboy

@stripeysocks, I did the same, went out on the road bike, realised how mild it was so was out for twice as long as planned and cleaned the bike on returning home. It felt almost spring like, hoping it lasts a few days, I was really getting fed up of ice and snow last week!

jimmy

Well yesterday I just ran out of time and today wasn’t far off so a 15min HIIT session is all I’ve managed. Work and home schooling has taken it’s toll on time and energy.

oldtennisshoes

Did my first 10k run on the road for several years this evening.
    I suspect I may not be able to walk tomorrow 🤦‍♂️

stripeysocks
    Free Member

@oldtennisshoes, nah, you’ll be fine *tomorrow*.

Friday OTOH 😀

oldtennisshoes

🥴😂

stripeysocks
    Free Member

3+ miles first thing with an early-rising running buddy (I say running – we’re pleased if we can get under 12 m/m these days!).
    Even did a few strides at the end. But that’s probably wiped me for the day…

scotroutes

Another stretchy yoga session with Kassandra last night. I really think it’s made a difference, particularly to my running. It’s like my hips just feel more free to move.

scotroutes

An hour on the (dumb) turbo last night, watching S4 of The Expanse to relieve the boredom.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Out with a buddy in the sun today.
    Must get mudguards…

dannybgoode

Easy day yesterday – basically walked to the shops and back instead of driving. A bit less than 30 mins but it still means I have done at least something every day and needed a bit of a rest.

Made up for it today – pushed quite hard on my run and took over 3 minutes off my 5k time to get it back below 30 mins for the first time in ages. My PB is somewhere closer to 25 min so a bit of a way to go until I am back to where I was but still pleased :). Hour on the turbo tomorrow and then I might, weather dependent, actually go for a short road ride Sunday…

jodafett

I really think it’s made a difference, particularly to my running. It’s like my hips just feel more free to move.

Couldn’t agree more, I just need to do it more often!

I’m trying to do a half marathon and at least one 100km ride per month and as usual I’ve left it to the last minute! Half marathon this morning round Arthurs Seat and planning a 100km ride around the city limits of Edinburgh tomorrow!

loum
    Free Member

Yesterday was the toughest run so far. Struggled to get out the door, was about 7pm in the end, struggled round a small local road loop, and managed 5.5k slowly and it went over the half hour.
    Got up this morning thinking get it out the way early and got started. Felt great, could have run forever, rolled in after an easy 13k.
    Sometimes it makes no sense at all.

scotroutes

Another mind (and bum) numbing hour on the turbo last night, but that set me up for a fantastic ride in the snow today

We’re having a remarkable January.

loum
    Free Member

10k in sleet this morning.
    And then a nap.

jodafett

Woke up with a hangover so abandoned my riding plans. Got invited sailing so went whale chasing in the Forth after hearing sightings of Humpbacks on the local wildlife Facebook page. 30 mins of yoga tonight.

dannybgoode

And that’s January done – an hour on the turbo yesterday and a Ring Fit session this morning.

I’ve actually surprised myself I’ve stuck at it but really enjoyed it and starting to feel the benefit. Resting heart rate down, heart rate for similar workouts down, power up a little, weight down.

Plenty in my workout diary for next week with my Garmin ‘train to ride 100km’ program so confident there’s at least another week in me but having got this far don’t intend to stop now anyway 🙂

stripeysocks
    Free Member

30 mins of weights & yoga last night, 4 miles jog this morning.
    Loving the pix scotroutes!
    Weight still not quite what it was on Xmas Eve but nearly, just have to keep plugging on!
    I always feel better for having done even the gentlest, shortest session, even if it’s 31 mins of yoga for pensioners!

sandboy

Loving the pix scotroutes!

Me too!! I decided to take the fatty for a spin out this morning and I think the floatation helped to keep me upright.😀 I’ve been trying to alternate hard and easy days this week but find keeping warm on the easy days a problem. Very wet and muddy on the trails and the roads are just filthy with mud from the fields being washed onto the tarmac but on a positive, it was still light at 5.00 when I was coming back yesterday afternoon! Hope everyone is still on this? Keep on keeping on.

mogrim

Good but wet and wild run today: yellow-level warnings for wind and they weren’t joking, it was one of those days where sometimes you just have to walk to make progress, and forget any idea about pace or whatever 🙂

Still, that’s another 24K done, and if you add that to the 20K run yesterday that’s a marathon this weekend. A decent end to the month!

Up above the streets and houses...

Merak

Kudos to you all for continuing this. I did the 100 days then the Festive 500. then I knew I should have a rest..

Back at it though, a 1:45 half marathon today and a rest tomorrow.

onehundredthidiot

Tough turbo yesterday, almost abandoned my gravel ride this morning. Went for a wee explore.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKt7UyOjRyy/?igshid=1hb4bdq0pxxlz

reluctantjumper

That’s January ticked off, only 2 more months to go!

scotroutes

I’m treating myself to a day off. No particular reason, though I’ve a wee niggle behind my left knee.

jodafett

Managed my 100km ride for January round Edinburgh city limits. Still a bit icy through the Pentlands. Nearly came an embarrassing cropper a few times!

Edit – That’s a photo from the week before but it’s my first photo posting success so it’s a win in my book!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 422 total)

The topic ‘90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st’ is closed to new replies.