Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 422 total)
  • 90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st
  • scotroutes

6.5km run with Mrs Routes today. Looks like we made it back just before the rain.

oldtennisshoes

First proper run of the year after lots of walking from the start of the month.
    Felt better than I feared; got to keep it up every day until February now, then back on the bike.

jodafett

A gentle ride to the Pentlands with my son today. If anybody from Edinburgh hasn’t seen the Colinton Tunnel Mural then you should make a point of going to see it on your next bike ride. It’s a thing of complete beauty.

reluctantjumper

Just back from a walk to the local park and back, really struggled to drag myself out of the flat today. The lure of a choccy bar from the petrol station on the way back did the trick!

Haven’t missed a day yet so still going strong.

Twodogs

Anyone got any beginners yoga YouTube recommendations? I don’t want any of the “hippy centre-ing your chi” stuff…just the stretchy bits 😁

onehundredthidiot

Twodogs. I’m doing the sufferfest ones. Turn myself inside out for an hour then follow Abi’s instructions.

scotroutes

@Twodogs – I just took advice off here. Found some by Abi Turner and some by Kassandra. Very much beginner level for me and very little chanting 😊

Nick

Nice fairly early start to avoid the crowds and the bizzies that are out in force around here annoying each other, 50km probably 80% road, saw quite a few other cyclists out, felt like shouting at those over-taking me “I rode up Alpe du Zwift in under an hour yesterday dontchaknow” but didn’t.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2ksVLiu]Mostly Local[/url] by nickgilling, on Flickr

Twodogs

Thanks folks…I’ve done the Abi Turner pilates a few times that someone recommended on the 100 days thread..I’ll have look for the yoga ones. Sufferfest Yoga sounds scary! (I will look tho)

First, I’m off to buy some joss sticks 😁

stripeysocks
    Free Member

An hour’s potter up a local hill (some decent views) on the road bike – the last ten mins back are this lovely rolling net downhill which is always good if traffic is quiet. And a little sunlight!
    Now to think up a wholesome dinner with Chub Club progress in mind – my go to cook tonight.

dannybgoode

Just a very gentle recovery spin today. Kept the HR just tickling zone 2 and the legs spinning freely. Did the full 30 mins though so pleased with that and the body feels pretty good.

Actually really enjoying this challenge and one thing it has done is opened my eyes to the little and often form of exercise. In the past I’d hit it way too hard way too quickly. This in turn led to me getting ill, injuring myself or whatever and then losing interest for a few months and it was really hard to get going again. When I did I’d hit it too hard again etc.

Now I am really enjoying just taking exercise in whatever form it comes – a walk, a gentle spin, an easy jog – and really let the body and mind build up slowly. I am putting some harder sessions in and starting to build on them but also putting in nice easy days like today also.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

I ran (well… “Ran”… we’re talking 75 minutes here) 10k today for the first time in over a year.

Really glad we are still allowed to exercise with 1 other person, as my running buddies make all the difference.

Seem to be getting fatter if anything so have done some gardening too and am off to stick the rest of the chocolate at the bottom of the freezer.

jimmy

@dannybgoode – totally agree!

Did some Yoga last night. Need to muster some energy for something tonight…

Are you guys meaning Abi Turner or Carver?

TiRed

30 minutes on the Concept 2 yesterday (didn’t save on Strava). 2:30 splits with one sub 2:00 to get the heart rate up. Currently 2:30 pace is endurance, very comfortable, and a heart rate of 120-130 bpm. Power was estimated from Powercal and broadly in line with bike riding at about 130-160W. I tried an app to send C2 power to phone then to Zwift, but it wasn’t stable.

Turbo/Rollers today. Want to start extending duration for exercises other than walking (normally 2-3hrs at 4 mph). An hour on the rollers is always fun. C2 is in the dining room. bikes are in the ice box garage.

scotroutes

30km road loop. First time this year the roads have been suitable. Still ice patches at the verges but no surprises (today).

@jimmy
    – Abi Carver

jimmy

Yep, I’ve watched quite a lot of Abi. Did some Yoga once too.

dannybgoode

Trying to get back on the road bike but need some more strength first so trying out the Garmin plans.

I need to start slowly and not dive head first into Zwift races and stuff like I usually do so have gone for Garmin’s ‘get ready for a 100km ride’

Not intending to complete the full 22 weeks but it’s a nice easy start to get the legs moving again. Will probably switch it up a bit in a few weeks.

But, it got me my 30 mins in today so so far so good and 19/19 days 🙂

reluctantjumper

Managed to persuade myself to do the next Tour Du Zwift stage this evening, was meant to be a rest day after the STW race last night with a walk to make up my 30+mins but the wind and rain said otherwise! Surprisingly I felt really good and managed to make good time for the course and even had good power figures. Sadly it didn’t save in Zwift and so didn’t transfer to Strava so had to do a manual entry instead.

Still counts though right?

jimmy

Was goosed today. Plans to ride cancelled but fortunately due to the snow. Did 15mins yoga and will have to do today. Work and home schooling was enough.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

TwoDogs I have just done Yoga For Dummies which someone put on YT! (I had the DVD once but god knows where it’s gone).
    It does indeed have wide-reaching benefits – I’ve recently discovered that I can hold off the cramps of runner’s trots if I do yoga in my head – boy do I wish I’d found THAT out years ago!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Saw the dawn today during a 3mi jog with a buddy – we start at 7am so that’s the first time! It really lifts the spirits – back in the day when I did the odd early-start race, it was always a special moment running towards the sunrise.

dannybgoode

Did 35 mins on the treadmill yesterday and nearly fell into my old trap of pushing for the sake of pushing and was finding it really hard going. Not surprising really considering just how much I’ve upped my activity levels from the last few months in particular. So, knocked the pace right back and made it through the time but think I’m going to have a couple of real easy days today and tomorrow.

Walk the dogs and maybe do a really gentle spin (power zone 1-2 and no more!). Don’t want to blow having got so far into the challenge and with the weight loss going to plan as well.

scotroutes

I set up the (dumb/basic) turbo in the garage yesterday and cobbled together a 32 minute workout in Garmin for last night. It’s shit but probably the best option given the current weather and conditions.

TiRed

Felt rubbish yesterday. So a one hour walk rather than row or cycle. Apple watch strava app of course.

mogrim

We had a change from the club normal routine yesterday – it was pissing down and there’s still loads of ice around, so instead of a run we did a weights circuit in the gym. 10 stations, 40s at each one with 20s to get to the next, and 4 times round. Haven’t sweated that much since summer, and swimming after was fun when I could hardly lift my arms 🙂

Quick 10K today at lunchtime, there was a forecast break in the rain and I made the most of it.

dannybgoode

Am quite shocked at myself that I am still on this. It’s getting dangerously close to the point like with not drinking where I have to continue so as not to lose the streak and be really annoyed with myself!

Yesterday was a rest day so took a nice slow easy walk with the dogs for 40 mins just to get something on the scoreboard.

Did 90 mins on the turbo today (which is about my limit before utter tedium kicks in, Netflix on the TV in the garage helped 🙂 so pretty pleased with that. Would ideally have liked to have got out on the road however a) it was bloody cold and b) the training plan called for 90 mins of Zone 2 power and I am such a weakling at the moment that I wouldn’t have been able to make it anywhere in Sheffield without blowing that apart. I don’t want to not follow the plan either because so far I am really pleased with my progress and don’t want to scupper it by going too hard.

Just me and the boy tomorrow though so not sure what I will get to fit in – maybe a Ring Fit session and then Sunday I want to do a 5km run and then back on the turbo Monday…

jimmy

Day off today. I’m done in from work and childcare. Up realty for a ski hopefully.

scotroutes

Am quite shocked at myself that I am still on this. It’s getting dangerously close to the point like with not drinking where I have to continue so as not to lose the streak and be really annoyed with myself!

LOL – that’s exactly why I’m doing it. 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

Still going. Have run at least 10miles/day every day so far this year. As of 22 January I’m at 250.5 miles and 25,692ft of climbing
    Wondering how long I can keep it up? Feel fine, I was expecting knees, or maybe ankle, to object but no issues. I have lost a toenail though.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

45 mins on the hybrid today – instead of sitting indoors under the dog – now I just have to stay out of the marmalade jar – I fell to the 🍊 side a little bit earlier and must stop!

dannybgoode

20 mins Ring Fit today. OK not quite the 30 but needed an easy day and feeling slightly under the weather.

Need to try and get a 5km run in tomorrow. Hopeful I’ll get it in but not going to risk an injury by overdoing it so will play it by ear a bit.

jodafett

Sat on the turbo again today as it was a tad icy outside. Finished watching Anchorman and started on Wayne’s World to pass the time. Makes it a lot easier!

Dickyboy

Neglecting to remove “unpaved roads” from my garmin route today was a rooky error 🙄

jimmy

Made up for a day off yesterday (I know… it doesn’t work like that with an epic-feeling (but not actually epic) day of ski touring in the Pentlands. Beaut of a day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKZk90gnz7H/

scotroutes

After 3 days of being “trapped” indoors due to snow and ice it was fabulous to get out for a spin in the sun.

Bloody cold though. Air temp minus 3C but a very cold wind was coming across Loch Garten when I stopped for this pic. I thought my face was going to fall off !

BoardinBob

67 miles on Zwift today. My nether regions are in tatters

mogrim

Fun run today: a bit over 21km in the hills close to home, lots of snow up top and very wet underfoot on the way back down. Road bike tomorrow.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

4.5 miles jog (some walking) with a mate in the snow this morning. Dusted off the yaktrax!
    We started running together before the turn of the century – c25k before c25k existed – and both (at slightly different times) have been very fit, but now age and injury and health issues have done a number on us and we’re back where we started, 5k ish and walk breaks!

dannybgoode

5.5k run this morning. Cold out but enjoyable. Tried out the music playing capabilities of my Garmin – quite impressed and helped the run go by.

Will take the dogs out for an easy walk in a bit then turbo session tomorrow.

loum
    Free Member

Still going. Have run half hour every day so far, sometimes a bit more. This morning looked nice and crisp so went off road round the country park. Turned out to be ankle deep mud for a good chunk of it, but still nice to be out in the sun in nature. One week left in January, feels close to a decent milestone. Well done everyone.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 422 total)

The topic ‘90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st’ is closed to new replies.