Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 422 total)
  • 90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st
  • sandboy

Unfortunately I had a bit of a set back this week, came off the road bike on Tuesday, lost the front wheel on black ice resulting in a badly bruised knee and hip along with a painful lower back. I’ve been keeping up with the twice daily dog walks but not been on a bike until today. Went out this morning along the river bank on the fatty and although I’m now a little sore I feel much better for getting out. Hoping to get back on it this week but going to stay off the roads if there’s any sign of ice!!

TiRed

Walked 12 miles in sub three hours yesterday (heart rate 108bpm, steady Zone 1). A further five miles gently today with mrs TiRed. Back to the turbo again this week for thirty minute sessions. Cold and damp today.

scotroutes

A tough but very satisfying 30-odd km round to Loch Garten and detour on the way back. Still a bit of snow around which was at least a bit grippy rather than the ice we’ve had.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Feeling v weedy compared to these tales of derring do and exertion – went for a jog with a mate for 5 miles. It also has the auxiliary effect of keeping me away from bad food – nearly had a takeaway last night but didn’t fancy running on one today, and I have laid off the “just a square or 2” of chocolate in the evening as the caffeine in it was keeping me up!

scotroutes

Feeling v weedy compared to these tales of derring do and exertion

Yesterday was yoga and the day before was a short walk. 🙂

mogrim

Feeling v weedy compared to these tales of derring do and exertion – went for a jog with a mate for 5 miles.

That’s pretty much what I did yesterday, albeit on my own. Really icy out after this weekend’s snowfall, so I have to say I didn’t enjoy myself. I’ll be sticking to the turbo for the next few days I suppose.

pondo

My “exercise” is a 20 minute jog, so technically doesn’t reach the requirements for this thread – but it’s helped me do it every day, so… 🙂

dannybgoode

Still on it – good stomp with the dogs yesterday however I went over on my ankle and it is a bit sore today. Was going to go for a run but don’t think that is a good idea so may just do an easy 20 min spin on the exercise bike.

I know 20 mins doesn’t quite reach the threshold but would rather that than knacker my ankle up more and have to take a proper break because so far I am sticking with it which is unusual for me.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

About an hour’s pootle along the towpath (which is now wide and smooth and tarmacked! Until the next time it gets washed away) on the road bike, feel better for it anyway, it’s so grey and dull it doesn’t even seem like daytime.

scotroutes

Couple of hours walk up through Burnside. Nice waterfall, snowy tracks, some exploring.

reluctantjumper

Was going to do Zwift session this evening but my legs are still rather knackered after the STW TT last night so it’ll either be a gentle walk after I’ve eaten or a weights session. Well, either that or my first missed day!

Definitely noticing a boost to my fitness and mental wellbeing so determined to do as many days as I possibly can now.

dannybgoode

Well in the end I did the full 30 mins. Was taking it really steady and ankle felt fine so decided to just go for it 🙂

Hopefully be able to run in it tomorrow but if it’s still at all sore I’ll perhaps have another easy day.

MoreCashThanDash

Still only missed one day so far – some circuits and yoga today. Diet is all over the place though, Chub Club is going to be a failure this week

Interesting about late night chocolate keeping you awake – I have same problem. Very annoying. Still a box of Lindor in the cupboard…..

jimmy

Yesterday was a struggle. Had a strenuous weekend and suffered the 2 day effect of exhaustion. Forced myself out for a walk and fresh air. Want much but it was just over 30 mins which I wouldn’t have normally done.

Just been out for a loop in the pentlands in what was described as “an early contender for the worst conditions of the year”. Still, good to be out and better to maker it home.

jodafett

A mixture of running, weights and yoga in the last few days. Need to get back on the bike but I seen to be allergic to the cold at the moment!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Early 5+km jog today with a friend who does it before work (I go back to bed as it’s still dark when we’re done!) and I had to take my hat, gloves and buff OFF. It was however definitely rainy.

Bring back summer when it was light and dry and I could easily go out for 2h at 4pm on the bike….sigh

sandboy

Just back from the morning dog walk and it’s really horrible out there!! Was hoping for a ride outside today but will most likely do an hour on the spin bike. Just having a coffee trying to build some motivation.

onehundredthidiot

Still going. Pretty much just sufferfest stuff but throwing in an active recovery spin every second day, which is then ruined by a TRX HIIT strength work out. At 50yo and having stopped strength stuff about 20 years ago, when i stopped playing rugby. It’s pretty tough, 12 minutes has me in bits.

dannybgoode

Backed off a bit today. Aware I have done more training in the last 14 days than pretty much the lase 6 months prior to that combined and don’t want to over do it.

Still managed just over 20 mins of Ring Fit but focussing on yoga so a bit more gentle but still burned off a good few calories and keeps me in the groove 🙂

scotroutes

Two weeks in folks. Keep up the good work.

I’ve got my walking boots on again. Another 7km or so round Rothiemurchus Forest – checking out a potential bivvy spot. Still lots and lots of snow around even at these levels but it looks like my plan is a go.

MoreCashThanDash

Missed yesterday after my lower back had a little spasm when I moved a tumble dryer. Couldn’t even get out for a walk to help ease it with just enough snow and ice to make a slip likely to make it worse rather than better 😬

dannybgoode

Typical. Really want to get out for a run but there’s 3″ of snow on the ground and on the well used pavements it’s just sheet ice.

Will have to rethink that, maybe a spin or maybe another Nintendo session. Or both 🙂

mogrim

Really want to get out for a run but there’s 3″ of snow on the ground and on the well used pavements it’s just sheet ice.

Sounds familiar. Just hoping enough has melted so I can do a quick 10K this afternoon.

Yesterday’s effort included about an hour of clearing snow+ice, then an hour on the turbo in the afternoon.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Today! It was “warm” (i.e. just above freezing) enough to go out on the bike for a ride with my regular Friday bike buddy. We even had a takeaway hot drink from a cyclist-friendly village shop! 40km!
    Put cling film over my socks. May have helped. Not sure.

scotroutes

Last night before the more strict rules come into place. It’s my 50th consecutive month out and I’d planned to make it a bit special with my own Burns Night (Robert Burns, Scottish bàrd. Your local hospital probably has a unit named after him).

So, escape earlier, short ride, braved the sheet ice, got to a very sheltered spot under an old pine and surrounded by birch trees so I can hear the winds but not really feeling them. Hopefully the old pine will also keep most of the forecast snow off.

Haggis, neeps and tatties al fresco. Washed down with a malt. Of course.

jimmy

Nice work, Col!

pondo

I am clearly not putting enough thought into into this… 🙂

dannybgoode

Nice dog walk yesterday and took the boy put to play in the snow (safely, away from people etc etc 🙂 ) so got a decent calorie burn.

May up the difficulty of a spin today and burn off last night’s treat curry

dannybgoode

Couldn’t decide what to do today so settled on a treadmill run. Was going to do 5 mins warm up and cool down with a 20 minutes run but then felt I should be stepping it up a bit so did a 3 min warm up and cool down with a full 30 min run. Felt pretty good. Can’t wait for the pavements to defrost so I can get out on the road.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Feeling a bit sluggish so did a 30 mins flexibility workout but I do feel looser for it – would deffo recommend for those days where you’re not up to much – as long as the family are cool with seeing you sluggishly contorting yourself in your undies in the front room.

TiRed

Son2 has brought home a concept 2 rower from school. Did my 30 min last night and another this morning. Then a two hour 8 mile walk this afternoon.

Looked on the concept 2 website and discovered the Dynamic. OMG take my money. Sadly there is no delivery time but I’ve signed up anyway. I used to row in a boat, then 50k/week at work. Plus cycle.

I’ve also downloaded the app to run the rower to n Zwift.

scotroutes

It’ll surprise no one that I had to ride back home this morning.

First had a relaxed cuppa as the day got brighter

Had a look around  only to see it hadn’t snowed overnight after all.

Then packed everything back on the bike

Before trundling back home on the sheet ice 🙂

jodafett

A ride through the Pentlands on skinny tyres over snow and ice. Flotterstone through Greens cleugh so not the hardest route but still tricky in those conditions! 15km run today and a trip up the Pentlands with my son planned for tomorrow.

jimmy

@jodafett – looked a bit wet up there today!

Went for a run round Roslin today. Pretty icy in places, good though.

jodafett

looked a bit wet up there today!

I’ll bet it was. Big difference from yesterday. Going back up there tomorrow so might take a canoe!!

jimmy
    jodafett

@jimmy This was the day before!

Loganlea reservoir

Edit – My first attempt at uploading a photo failed 🙄

stripeysocks
    Free Member

5 miles walk/run this morning, in sunshine!!!!

sandboy

Pleased to say I’ve been back on the bike most days this week after my little mishap. Woke unusually early this morning so set off in darkness and enjoyed a really beautiful sunrise which developed into a cold but very sunny morning. Rode up to the coast and got home for bacon and brie sandwich and fresh coffee. Now chilling out hoping to enjoy an afternoon of watching football and a few weiss beers. The only downside is that the roads are filthy due to all the rain and slush so the road bike could do with a clean.

dannybgoode

Pushed myself today. 5.5k run followed by a 5k walk. Not much by some standards I know but for me it’s a step up in workload.

Think I’ll do an easy spin tomorrow though just to work it all out of the legs 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 422 total)

The topic ‘90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st’ is closed to new replies.