Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 9 speed double direct mount front mech?
  • craig5

Do these actually exist, or have I wasted my day looking for one?

I have a double & bash ring set up, originally a triple. My old mech sat very high against my bash ring (34t) and just looked wrong. So I have bought a 2×10 SLX direct mount mech ( on LBS advice) which sits much better against the bash ring, but I can’t get it set up without rubbing on my chain. My bike sounds like a bag of spanners. So I assume I need a 9 speed mech. Can I find one on the web. No. Is 9 speed in the bin already?

Advice please

haggis1978

i take it you have the mech stops set up correctly? pictures would help.

tomhoward

It’s not that it’s 10 speed, it’s that it’s for a double. The spacing on a 2x crank is different to a 3x one. Learn that yesterday 🙂 the double crank holds the rings slightly further out from the bb, hence your mech is rubbing.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

What bike is it for – specialized? They use the old e-type mech with the bracket removed for their DMD set up.

I got an M665-E from bike-discount last summer – that’s the old double and bash specific cage front mech with the e-type fixing.

Well worth hunting one down! Solved all my front mech issues on my camber.

Andy

craig5

Cheers gents. Got it to a point where is bearable now. Just pissed off I have wasted a dry day and not gone out. I will get a M655e. Thanks Andy. It’s a pitch by the way

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘9 speed double direct mount front mech?’ is closed to new replies.