Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 8 lads, Wasdale, November…help
  • brack
    Free Member

Right its been 20 years since me and the ex army lads got together for a reunion.

Don’t ask but weve ended up hiring a cottage in Wasdale in NOVEMBER 😆

Now a few of us are mountain folk but the remainder will prob just about tackle Scafell..and that is one of the plans to tackle Scafell.

What about other ideas….does anyone have any great activities that we could factor in to the weekend? Shooting?

jekkyl

in Wasdale your only option is drinking or mountain walking and that’s it. There is nothing there but a pub and a tiny campsite shop. There is nowhere to hire bikes or canoes or anything else. How many days are you there for?

djglover
    Free Member

Have you seen the film ‘Women in love’ and the fireplace scene?

mt
    Free Member

Have you been introduced to Herdwick ewes?

jekkyl

If I were you, cancel it and hire one nearer Keswick. You’d have the choice of Helvellyen, Skiddaw or Blencathra to climb and thats just the ones close by. You can hire bikes, canoes and there is a ton of pubs and restaurants in Keswick not forgetting the pencil museum. Actually it’s November, nah stay in wasdale, do the pike & then get very very drunk.

Helios
    Free Member

Right its been 20 years since me and the ex army lads got together for a reunion.

Now a few of us are mountain folk but the remainder will prob just wave their tackle about on Scafell..

Being ex army and all…

brack
    Free Member

😀

I know what have I done?

In fairness to myself the cottage was already booked for a few (less rowdy mates and myself), then the talk of a reunion happened and I thought hey Wasdale…that will do.

But in all honesty Im worried that there really is bugger all for a group of less than active ex squaddies to do..

I may cancel and rebook somewhere else.

Help any suggestions?

Has to be the North West/ Lakes. 3 days

brack
    Free Member

Anyone?

tiggs121
    Free Member

Have a wee look at Braithwaite near Keswick

They have lodges – not sure of cost but site is excellent. Cafe and shop on site.

A couple of pubs in the village and a short distance to Keswick and and all it’s sleazy dirtpots as well as bike and canoe hire.

Ex Squaddies – shooting??? What are you thinking man.

ellesar
    Free Member

Go gill scrambling. Being ex squaddies you’ll have no worries plunging into icy water, though you’ll have less to swing around when you get out. Round Langdale is okay without taking rope gear, Piers Gill in Wasdale is also an option for gill scrambling (but savage, not for the inexperienced). Alternatively hire bikes and do an XC route. You’ll see more of the place that way and won’t have to change your booking in Wasdale

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘8 lads, Wasdale, November…help’ is closed to new replies.