Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • 8 hour enduro event at Drumlanrig on 7th July 2012
  • banginon

Will be hosting an 8 hour event at Drumlanrig on the 7th of July to replace the cancelled 10 at Kirroughtree.

Will be doing our best to keep the price down but still include a burger and band after the event.

Camping onsite and a good techy singletracky trail for the ride.

Categories will be solo, pairs and trios – M, F solo, SS, and teams and mixed for teams and an ‘auld giffers’ cat for those over 40

Running from 9 – 5 it’ll be just like a day at the office…

If you fancy it post on here to let me know I have some interest…

banginon

i’ve just got the go ahead from the estate but need to crunch numbers etc to work out a price for entry etc so don’t ask me that yet… but it’ll be well cheaper than the Kirro event was going to be.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that’ll be well supported, chapeau for taking on the challenge.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Don’t forget that this is on on the same day.

http://www.strathpuffer.co.uk/puffer-lite

You may have stiff competition- why not have it a week or two later?

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Glad you got the go ahead. Posted a link to here on Facebook to spread the word. If there’s owt I can do to help then give me a shout.

daveb
    Free Member

Yup, very interested in this – will either enter as a solo or in a pair.

Northwind

Sounds like a goer, reckon I’m in- good work, cheers!

d45yth
    Free Member

OP – What do you mean by it being an enduro? Will it not just be how many laps can ve done in the said time?
    The eight hours could be a good and make more folk try it solo…I for one wouldn’t fancy twelve hours, but eight could be achievable.
    Someone said that the Strathpuffer lite could affect numbers. Hell, they’re miles from each other. I’d like a go at the ‘Lite but I wouldn’t drive all the way up there for it.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Yeah, move it back a week so it doesn’t clash with the Strathpuffer thing (or the Stockton Cycling Festival that I’ve already entered) would love to do an 8 hour race that’s not too far from me! Cheers.

PaulMcG

Definately up for this. Rik – can you get in touch, we met at the Glentress Innovation thing a few weeks ago, I’m organising the Triathlon Enduro thing at Drumlanrig in September – paul ‘at’ durtyevents.com

bodie
    Free Member

I’d be keen man. sure there will heaps of interest

Rona

Thanks Rik … I’m definitely in. Can’t think of anything else I’d rather be doing.

Diane
    Free Member

Have stuck it on my Facebook and a few forums Rik. Hope it takes off 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oh oh thall be top notch . Love drum ! Might even come along to that despite not being fit enough haha

Good man

banginon

Cheers all, I’ll be sorting out all the licencing and stuff next week so expect posters and an an entry form by next Friday once I’ve figured out how much everythings gonna cost.

I know it clashes with the Pufferlite but have spoke to Steve and reckon that there’s enough of the country in between.

The week after is the Tough Mudder so that doesn’t work, in fact that’s how we’re getting to camp onsite as they’ll already have the stock off the events field for that, otherwise that wouldn’t happen for a wee event like ours. The Mudder is expecting 7000 people each day…. wow!!!

Pow’r tae yer pedals

Rik

fontmoss
    Free Member

might have to make a northerly raid back to my folks for this

hels
    Free Member

Hi Rik

Sounds awesome good for you !

I will be available if you need helpers on the day ( and if you remember and tell me when/where to turn up this time :}

I have qulaifications/experience at marshalling, registration and general ordering people about.

banginon

Hels – that would be awesome

trekstar
    Free Member

You should post this over on Scotland’s MTB forum – http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums

banginon

Have done so….

banginon

bump

tazzymtb

there’s a load of single speed racey types over this way that’ll come and play.

teamrider24
    Free Member

there’s a load of single speed racey types over this way that’ll come and play.

Seeing as there’s an SS cat, you should make this the Scottish Singlespeed Championships.

It would be nice to race there again, after SSUK was held there a few years ago on an ace course.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Sounds good, I’ll keep an eye out for the finalised details

tazzymtb

Seeing as there’s an SS cat, you should make this the Scottish Singlespeed Championships.

if there’s beer and absinthe to be drunk I’m there like a shot 😀

tollah
    Free Member

Hey Rik Myself and Mandi are interested, would do a mixed SS pairs 🙂

ANDREWS
    Free Member

Deffo up for this, Drumlanrig is an awesome venue for an enduro, the jungle drums are beating. Will spread the word in the PCC.

Vortexracing

This sounds great, i’ll keep my eye out for the final instructions and entries.

Will you be posting them on here?

bengbong
    Free Member

sounds good, can you register in morning and camping for sat night if so im there!!

nc21

I’ll be up for this Rik, just need a partner now. I’ll watch here for further details

jonny-m
    Free Member

I’ll do this event. Was booked in for 10@ kirroughtree anyway so yes, count me in!

jonny-m
    Free Member

Probably want to post on xc racer forum too!

JustRide
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go. I love the trails there so to ride them for 8 hours should be a laugh……and probably a bit of vomit!!

jd-boy
    Free Member

Sounds like a great event Rik,should be a great technical course with the trails you have there,
    Hope all is going well for you, Drumlanrig was on TV the other day.

Take care, Paul @ Thetford MTB Racing

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I’ll be there and will drum up a few others, canny wait 😀

weebigandy
    Free Member

I done the relentless 24 hr a few years back and am getting back into enduro count me in

pixelmix
    Free Member

I just found a link to this thread from elsewhere. Probably deserves a bump as I hadn’t heard of this anywhere else yet.

Tempted, as I had planned on doing 10@kirro.

boxelder

I’m up for it

Any further news?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Pretty sure its on, there is another thread I think.

simonhaslam

Glad this looks to be going ahead. How do we sign up?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘8 hour enduro event at Drumlanrig on 7th July 2012’ is closed to new replies.