8 Days : To The Moon and Back

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 8 Days : To The Moon and Back
  • Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

On the iPkayer.

Excellent.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I liked their reaction to the Chinese Bunny story and the quietness of the moon walk scenes.

Premier Icon Twodogs
    Subscriber

I thought it was awful…embarrassing. The “meaningful looks” the astronauts kept giving eachother…I had to stop watching.
    Each to his own…maybe I was spoiled by seeing Apollo 11 on the Imax a week earlier 🙂

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

dramatisation bits are always a bit off, but the actual fotage & photos kept it real for me!

Premier Icon Twodogs
    Subscriber

there’s some more stuff on Channel 4 all next week, and BBC4 I think

pondo

Really enjoying all this moon stuff – devouring Apollo 13 (the book – used to be Lost Moon) and booked to see Apollo 11 on the 20th entirely by accident (the date was accidental, I was aware I was booking tickets at the time. 🙂

bigyinn

I really enjoyed it, although I kept forgetting to breathe at times, because it was awesome!

funkrodent

Really enjoyed it. Conveyed well the enormity of what they were doing and the very real human element. That Collins seems like a good laugh!

20 seconds to finish landing before the fuel runs out though. Sheesh, sounds like when my missus parks at the supermarket..

Premier Icon robertpb
    Subscriber

The best book I’ve read about the moon walkers is Moon Dust by Andrew Smith published in 2005.

He interviewed them while most of them were still with us. The effect that it had on all of the moon walkers is quite interesting.

Premier Icon sadmadalan
    Subscriber

I enjoyed it, even if the acting bits were a little over the top. But the cleaned up version of the actual words spoken by the crew of Apollo 11 was brilliant. I haven’t had a chance to see the film, it is on my to do list!

Premier Icon P20
    Subscriber

Really enjoyed it. Fabulous program

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

The 13 Minutes to the Moon podcasts have been excellent.

For an accurate dramatisation of events can I suggest the National Theatre of Brent’s “The First Man On The Moon And How They Done It” tomorrow Radio 4 2:30pm?

CountZero

Really enjoyed it, I thought the new ‘live’ footage in the capsule worked well, along with the ‘footage’ of the capsule and lander in orbit.
    I never actually watched any of the original broadcasts because I was on holiday in Devon, and the caravan site social club only had a telly in the bar, and I was 15, so couldn’t go in and watch it. And it was my birthday, too! 😕

forzafkawi

I’m four minutes into watching this and the editing style is **** IRRITATING!!!

Premier Icon tenfoot
    Subscriber

I’ve been listening to the 13 minutes to the moon podcasts. Interested in watching the 8 days programme but I think I’ll finish the podcasts first as I don’t want any spoilers. (Yes I know they made it to the moon)

forzafkawi

Stopped watching at 10 minutes. The fuzzy transitions between scenes to try and make it seem real was just plain annoying and the dramatisation was pathetic.

I was 14 years old when I watched the moon landing live and like millions of others was just enthralled. This is just a pale immitation of the actual events. I’m hoping some of the other commemorative programs are going to be better than this. Bravo BBC, yet another reason to ditch my TV licence.

Premier Icon deadkenny
    Subscriber

For All Mankind is a favourite of mine. Just actual footage assembled into a wonderful little movie with interviews from those involved and a great Brian Eno score.

Ro5ey

Maybe I’m not as well versed on the topic as some of you, but I found it very enjoyable and learnt a fair bit as well.

Re the acting/dialogy …. glad they kept it pertinent but wonder what other dialogy was recorded of three man chatting for 8 days in a confined space…. Religion? Politics? Football ? Kids ? Suzy in Eagle dev ?? … farts ??

funkrodent

It’s not one of mine either, definitely stickier than that..

Great picture, sure was cramped in there. Reminds me of the back seat of my car. Any minute now the one on the right’s going to call the one in the middle a dick. The one in the middle is going to punch/pinch the one on the left who’ll accuse the one on the middle of farting who’ll punch the one on the right, who’ll start crying. And repeat ad infinitum

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.