Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 77 Designz Chain Guide
  • christof
    Free Member

Is anyone running one of these? I like the minimal design and the fact I only uses one of the iscg bosses, leaving the option for one of their bash guard.
    https://77designz.com/en/chain-guides/42-oval-guide-iscg-05-bsa-chainguide-0725163615181

dc1988

I don’t have that one but have one of their earlier versions fo round chainrings which was only a single mounting bolt and very minimalist.

It must be a good 5 or 6 years old now and I’ve never dropped a chain, it wasn’t especially cheap but it’s very light and I don’t even notice it’s there so would definitely recommend.

daveylad
    Free Member

Yep I had one a few years ago. Cant recall why, think I had an iscg old or whatever they were called rather than the current standard & this was all I could find that would fit.
    Bit pricey for what it is but worked fine.

superdan

I’d not seen it, that is very nice.
    I’ve got one of the current bash guards on my hardtail, and it’s been great so far (about a year?) vs Lakes rocks. Very tidy minimalist design.

reluctantjumper

Had one of the early ones and it worked for a while but then decided to bend itself in half while riding some smooth single-track. Contacted them about it to see about buying just a replacement plate and they said they had beefed up the design after a few instances of them bending, they agreed to send me a new one foc. Waited and waited, nothing arrived so I contacted them again only to get nothing in reply. Posted a comment about it under a review on PinkBike and they again said to get in contact about a replacement so I did, again no reply and I wasn’t the only one to get that treatment. Haven’t bothered with them since.

Northwind

It’s a nice wee thing but unless you really need the other iscg mounts, the 2-bolt ones work really well and you can get a perfectly good one for peanuts now.

christof
    Free Member

Just found the same guide by Absolute black at Swinnerton Cycles for less money, free postage and I had £7 in my loyalty wallet!! Result!

jkomo

I got atop guide and bash from PX for £15.
    Works fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘77 Designz Chain Guide’ is closed to new replies.