• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 71st birthday present
  • andybrad

So what do you get the dad that has everything?
    I wanted to get him an experience but he’s developed a dodgy ticker so alcohol and excitement things are off the cards.

I’d like to think of something like tools but I’ve also got to carry it on a plane. Any thoughts?

Eyepic
    Free Member

10 year diary.

TiRed

dodgy ticker

Apple Watch.

You can take modest-sized tools on a plane, but anything like a screwdriver will have to go on hand luggage. No wiggle room on that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Take him somewhere, a boat trip with grandkids or friends, even at 46, I’d far rather do something than get ‘stuff’.

maccruiskeen

So what do you get the dad that has everything?

a course of broad spectrum antibiotics

Drac

Ceramic Poppy

andybrad

Harsh with the diary!! Lol

andybrad

Yea a trip out would be good but I don’t know where really

LeeW

Got the similar aged FiL an afternoon tea at a castle tea room near us. Not the dainty finger sandwich affair that you’d assume. More of a Ploughman’s style lunch which he’s not stopped talking about since we gave it him on Thursday.

Where about does he live?

maccruiskeen

I’d like to think of something like tools but I’ve also got to carry it on a plane

Why do you have to carry it? Planes have holds. You can also order something to delivered directly to him so you don’t have to carry anything.

thebibbles

When stuck for a present for any relatives or friends, this is my go to.

https://www.thebugasalt.co.uk

They’re just brilliant fun especially this time of year.

edit: Didn’t see the plane bit, might cause a search going through security.

stwhannah

Proper guided fishing trip, Gone Fishing inspired? Some kind of wildlife spotting trip with nice food and scenery?

onewheelgood

I’m thinking 71 is when I might be ready to admit it’s time for an ebike.

Greybeard
    Free Member

When my Dad was that age he took up gliding, said it was very peaceful. So maybe a glider flight, just as a passenger? Depends where he is.

TiRed

I bOught my stepfather a collectors single malt for his 70th. He likes whisky and this was not cheap – more than the Apple Watch 😉 . And we will share it when I go home. He was utterly delighted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘71st birthday present’ is closed to new replies.