Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 70th birthday pressie for my dad
  • andybrad

Im struggling with this. I would have taken him away for a weekend or a slap up meal but thats off the cars at the moment.

So im looking for something really nice for him. I thought about a nice wallet but he will only use one that fits in his breast pocket.

likes classic cars and fine wine but has plenty of both so im struggling. Any suggestions?

Id like to get him something personal instead of something like tools.

kayak23

Someone will be with you shortly to suggest C&H

FB-ATB

Flight in a Spitfire (bit pricey)or depending on his classic car owning history/collection hire a car he’s not had but wanted for a weekend combined with a hotel stay?

We were contemplating these for my Dad but he had a heart attack 4 months before his 70th

andybrad

aye 2.5k for a pressie is a little out of budget unfortunately.

looks like a nice thing though. Although im not sure he would enjoy it as much.

johndoh
    Free Member

Flight in a Spitfire (bit pricey)

We got my father in law a glider experience for his 70th – similar to the Spitfire idea but substantially cheaper!

andybrad

thats a good shout!

tomhoward

Flight in a Spitfire

Came here to suggest that.

derek_starship
    Free Member

A lovely Thorens turntable?

And some classic vinyl.

Just a thought.

brant
    Free Member

I got my dad a fat bike for his 70th.
    He loves it and still rides it daily now.

View this post on Instagram

My dad, rocking the Wednesday night ride. He's 72.

A post shared by brant (@shedfire) on

derek_starship
    Free Member

@brant – has he still got his RAV4?

masterdabber
    Free Member

I know you said that your dad likes classic cars but don’t know what other interests he has. The suggestions of doing something special – spitfire, gliding already suggested – but other special things might be appropriate depending on his interests. That sort of thing can be more significant, emotive and memorable than actual pressies….

On my 70th I rode the Tourmalet. A fantastic experience and one that I will always remember.

frankconway

You mentioned a wallet – try Launer; they offer customisation and personlisation.
    I have one of theirs and it perfects fully into the pocket with the pocket flap fastened.
    Here’s the link https://shop.launer.com/men
    Scroll down for the breast pocket wallets.
    Quality is great.
    They also offer exotic leathers – at a price.

epicyclo

He’d probably enjoy a night with a wild woman. It will have been a while…

hotstuff
    Free Member

Gold money clip? I bought myself a silver one because I didn’t fancy spending £300 on something I might well lose or damage but I’ll get one eventually, once I adopt a more leisurely life style.

andybrad

some sound suggestions so far. wallets look nice but im not sure about that kind of cash if he might not like it.

agree with the hookers but then again youve never met my mum, or have you?

coke is a no go because hes got a dicky ticker.

sadly hes got no intention of getting on a bike. 🙁 and you must really not like your dad getting him one of those fat bikes 🙂

lunge

How about a watch, maybe something motor sport related, some Christopher Ward work may fit the bill, https://www.christopherward.com/motorsport.

If if he dresses well, how about a tailor-made jacket or suit? You get the full experience with a tailor, picking the fabric, etc. and a nice bit of clothing at the end.

Or on a similar view but different, a brew your beer day at a local brewery. You get a days experience and beer to take home.

brant
    Free Member

@brant – has he still got his RAV4?

No. He wrote it off about a year ago when he was following a VW camper that was shedding large amounts of oil all over the road and he ended up halfway up a banking upside down.

Then he had a retinal transplant and couldn’t drive.

Now he’s passed fit for driving again and he wants a go in my mums Nissan Puke.

Long live the mighty RAV
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BrISatvFmCEDKUlh80tobsgY4X_QlhsJPG1gPQ0/

bentandbroken

The local miniature railway has a “drive a steam train day”.

FB-ATB

How about a watch

If he’s retired, what does he need a watch for?

My views are influenced by Dave Allen

robertpb
    Free Member

I’ll be 70 in a few weeks will be looking for donations towards a new Ragley Blue Pig when the new one comes out.

So you could make a donation to something big for your Dad.

Last year for my 69th I bought a Bird Aeris to replace my Meta.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘70th birthday pressie for my dad’ is closed to new replies.